The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caniac-97

Hmm what should we talk about now?

Sorry dogbutler, I had a little brain lapse there. If you didn't have an 8 track player BUT are old enough to have purchased an album, you qualify to look. Just owning an album didn't ban you from posting.

To post-you must have owned an 8 track tape player and vinyl records.

To look-you must have purchased an actual album on vinyl.

If you don't even know what an 8 track tape or a vinyl album is, RUN AWAY.

I lost all my 8-tracks, but I still have my Dorsey Brothers LPs.

I also went back to school today,,,,accept i only had a weekend off,,,i go there everyday to work!! So if you are still in school Captain_jack88 enjoy it while it lasts!

School isn't as bad as you think myfriend!

Best time of my life. Don't wish it away.

Best time of my life. Don't wish it away.

Not mine for a variety of reasons but then the Navy straightened me out on education and it's value. When I got out I went on to college and started out on the Dean's list and stayed there. COLLEGE was the best time of my life - I was the man!

Hey are the Canes going to use the 3rd uni's again this year or was that a one year deal?

I would think the third jersey would make a selected appearance, they have to justify us buying them so they will show them off every now and again.

I would think the third jersey would make a selected appearance, they have to justify us buying them so they will show them off every now and again.

... and they can sell some more that way.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/breakfast-bickering-leads-to-brawl-for-elderly-couple-781507.html' target="_blank">Free Ms. Rosie[/post]

Ariticle in the local paper here in Rocky Mount.

Yeah saw that one the news yesterday, she still packs 1 heck of a swing for an 85 yr old woman. Kinda hard to believe that she is/was kept in jail so long.

Just goes to show ya, you always have to keep one eye on the other half! :unsure:;)

she must have burned his scrapple!!

Gotta love the comments submitted. One said that now he's got lumps on his head to match the lumps in his oatmeal.

I guess she's a proper hero for us old geezers.

disclaimer: no geezers, lumps, oatmeal, or scrapple were harmed in this post however one old coot got his eggs scrambled

Gotta love the comments submitted. One said that now he's got lumps on his head to match the lumps in his oatmeal.

I guess she's a proper hero for us old geezers.

disclaimer: no geezers, lumps, oatmeal, or scrapple were harmed in this post however one old coot got his eggs scrambled

I was watching that on the news with the wife. I learned way back, I you want to eat don't complain about the cook. especially if she is younger and stronger than you. He is lucky this did not turn out to be a future episode of "Snapped"

We can't get Osama bin Laden, but at least this menace and her "pan of mass distruction" is off the streets.

and disclaimers shall rule the earth, SuperDave 3:16!!

and disclaimers shall rule the earth, SuperDave 3:16!!

A round of disclaimers to all on the board, and 2 to c97.

Disclaimer: no disclaimers were....on no, you can't have a disclaimer about disclaimers. It's like dividing by zero. Run away, run away.

We can't get Osama bin Laden, but at least this menace and her "pan of mass distruction" is off the streets.

Rosie better be careful ,,,they might try and recruit her and her "pan of mass destruction"

Disclaimer:::

Hopefully no "POTS" were offended!

Hi, folks! For the last two months, I've been busting my large backside an average of 60 hours a week as a wine consultant for PRP Wine (http://www.prpwine.com). That's why I've been MIA here for several months.

you are in an old geezer thread, none of us have been to school/college in decades ...

That's partially true for me, C97 (long time no see, old friend!). Years after I got my bachelor's degree in communications/journalism in '86, I earned my two teaching credentials: my preliminary license in '93, and my professional-clear one in '98. During that time, I picked up 206 university-level units.

Since I've been in the wine business for more than two years and want to advance my knowledge in the field still further, I plan to earn a certified sommelier's credential/Level II (http://www.mastersommeliers.org/courses[/post]), or the WSET Level 3/International Higher Certificate in Wines and Spirits (http://www.wset.co.uk/qualifications/225.asp) in a few years. Hey, I've moved to occupational fields several times during my working life -- gotta keep up with the times as well as my still-changing skills, you know -- so I need to keep my skills sharp and current. If I don't, I'll be out of a job in this ugly economy in SoCal.

Jan/GSBG

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/breakfast-bickering-leads-to-brawl-for-elderly-couple-781507.html' target="_blank">Free Ms. Rosie[/post]

Ariticle in the local paper here in Rocky Mount.

Update on Ms. Rosie. She was released on a $2000 bond after 48 hours. Deacon in her church posted bond. They could set up a booth at the mall and have her autograph frying pans to raise money.

Ok people,,,football season is almost here, which local teams to you follow/support?

It's the HEELS for me!

Afterall, they do give me a paycheck!!! :rolleyes: sortof

NC State and Auburn are the two I care the most about, but I watch all the ACC teams (yeah, even UNC.)