The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

2009 NCAA Football Thread

I just started as a Freshman, but I've been a Pack fan all 18 years of my life. I went to a bunch of games in the Amato years (my aunt was best friends with his wife) and haven't been to one since he left. I cannot wait for Thursday. Thanks for the invite, but 2 of my friends finally broke down and bought some student tickets off of people they found. Personally I'm still in favor of a big *edit* line starting early in the morning or camp out thing. I know this may cause some problems as well, but I'd rather deal with my problems getting a ticket by actually being able to do something about it rather than praying that a random ticket lottery selects me.

If it was this bad for the South Carolina game to get one, imagine what it will be like for Murray State and Gardner Webb! :blink:

;)

Honestly, this is why I watch the games on TV.. even when I was a student and could get tickets.

I would purposefully go to the no name games like Middle Tennessee State, Western Carolina etc.. because I knew getting tickets to a UNC, FSU, VTech etc game would be impossible, and also if the game wasn't on ESPN (some of the FSU games were) then I could guarantee 100% that it would be on local TV, especially for UNC (and WRAL televises all the games except against the 1-AAs).

I mean, i guess it's good people want to go to the games now, but now that we are (or were) halfway decent, they built more seats for paid tickets and reduced the student seats. Back in 98 when Mike O'Cain was still the coach, you could just walk up to Reynolds and get a ticket. I even got tickets to the FSU game that we beat them for the first time 24-7. The irony was, the 7 that FSU scored was on the opening kickoff and we were still in the parking lot waiting to get in, and so we almost left figuring the game to be a slaughter.. good thing we stayed.

The last game I went to as a student was a complete disaster and I would never do it again, of course I've graduated now (for the second time) so I'd have to buy a normal ticket now.

Wow I can't believe it's almost here. Can't wait to see how Russell Wilson does.

Is that(Russel Wilson) a volleyball or a basketball? I can't remember.

Actually as an FSU fan, I can say I am pulling for state tonite which only usually happens once a year (against UNC) but I guess lightning can strike twice, although I still think State is gonna be bad, everyone else thinks they are really good, go figure. Oh well at least we have some football to pass the time now, Im so tired of baseball it's ridiculous.

Actually as an FSU fan, I can say I am pulling for state tonite which only usually happens once a year (against UNC) but I guess lightning can strike twice, although I still think State is gonna be bad, everyone else thinks they are really good, go figure. Oh well at least we have some football to pass the time now, Im so tired of baseball it's ridiculous.

I think we're gonna be good.. I'm just not sure we're gonna be ACC Championship Game good. I mean this is Florida State, Boston College, Maryland and Wake Forest we're talking about here.. we're gonna beat them all and win the division? Or they are gonna lose their other games and we'll have the best record? I don't see it happening even if FSU and BC are both supposed to have horrible years. I've watched a lot of crappy Wolfpack football, and we have flashes of brilliance like beating UNC 2 years in a row, being the first team to beat FSU in Tallahassee, being the first ACC team to beat FSU period, Rivers taking us to 2 or 3 bowl games in a row, but they start talking Division champs.. we're never tops of the league. As much as I love the Wolfpack I just don't see us playing for the conference championship. Maybe I'm jaded from years of mediocrity and bitter over Amato leaving the program in shambles so maybe they will prove me wrong.. lets hope they do.

It doesnt change my allegience one bit.. I bleed wolfpack red whether we're 12-0 or 0-12.

From sports.yahoo.com "College football begins Thursday with a top-20 matchup between Oregon and Boise State. It starts a big opening weekend." <-- Actually our game is first, this is a 10:15 kick. And there are like 10 games at 7PM.. but hey.. who's counting? We dont matter if we're not in the AP poll.. LOL

Well, whole season predictions be damned... first things first.. pay back the Gamecocks for last years beatdown and win the first game.. 1 game at a time.. win tonight! GO PACK!

WWWWIIILLLSSSOOONNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It doesnt change my allegience one bit.. I bleed wolfpack red whether we're 12-0 or 0-12.

Amen brother, I may like some other programs out there too, but the Pack are my #1 forever when it comes to college sports. Now let's kick them Gamecock boys in the butt!! Not literally of course.

PACK

Unfortunately not a very good start so far.... 1 play, 1 turnover.. 7-0 SC.

Hehe I was waiting on the answer.... It's early we recovered from the blocked punt nicely.....

All right Offense, make this drive a success.

Update, What a great pickup of 38 yards, too bad it don't count.

Another 4 and out.............. <_<

That was bogus... QB scrambling out of the pocket.. broken play... 38 yard pass caught and they call it back cause a lineman was 4 yards downfield? HELLO.. it was a scramble.. the QB is most likely gonna RUN... this time he passed but sheesh...

And they are gonna "crack down" on that and call it more?? It's a BS call to begin with.. who gives a crud about the lineman being eligible recievers? no one is gonna pass it to them.. come on refs...

That was bogus... QB scrambling out of the pocket.. broken play... 38 yard pass caught and they call it back cause a lineman was 4 yards downfield? HELLO.. it was a scramble.. the QB is most likely gonna RUN... this time he passed but sheesh...

And they are gonna "crack down" on that and call it more?? It's a BS call to begin with.. who gives a crud about the lineman being eligible recievers? no one is gonna pass it to them.. come on refs...

Oh so that's what it was?, I didn't see the replay. Our defense is working overtime so far.

Whoo-hoo, bad hold on the FG attempt.

Ok, now we have a new QB on the field, i'm a little nervous.......

Hey.. I'll take 7-0... since it was about 1 or 2 good plays away from being 21-0. Our defense is playing well..

The push off/pass interference was pretty obvious since you could see the defenders head snap back, but as the play was going real time, the way the ball was underthrown I was waiting for our guy to intercept it.. so when he broke off and made the catch the push was pretty obvious.

The offense is starting to come out of it's shell a couple long pass attempts.. now if we can just catch a couple of them.

Our Defense has done a good job, but our Offense has made them stay out on the field too long. Their Defense has been stellar so far.

2nd half coming up hopefully we can find some life and tie this thing up

I'm really getting fed up, this is ridiculous. We get a good gain, and it's a penalty, then we get nothing and are forced to punt.

Yeah, interception!!!! now that's good.

Heck yeah.. take the field goal and run... still in this game.... It ain't over yet.. We probably got lucky there with the fumble call... 3 points is better then a turnover.

GO PACK!

Heck yeah.. take the field goal and run... still in this game.... It ain't over yet.. We probably got lucky there with the fumble call... 3 points is better then a turnover.

GO PACK!

Lucky my *edit* his foot was out of bounds LOL

We're driving *time out* SC <_<