The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivyleager

What song are you listening to right now?

James Dupre "Ghost in this House" on youtube. If you haven't heard this guy, you really need to check him out. One of the most incredible voices I've ever heard. He's got about a hundred videos on youtube.

I Will Live Again - Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy... Iron Maiden... You rock dude!

I just bought "Hurricane Warning" by AirielDown from CDBaby.com. I joined/registered just to buy that one song... and probably wont ever use it again. Man, I love that song - it is a great bridge between my two loves: Hard Rock/Metal and Carolina Hurricanes!!

So, after that ends... I'll probably play some Hammerfall, Manowar or Dream Theater... or all three! 1958_headbanger.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44xirQ55IgA' target="_blank">Viva la Vida[/post]

"They are coming to take me away HA HA" By Napolean. I frequently have this running through my head when reading posts here.

Released on Warner Bros. Records, the bizarre depiction of mental illness became an instant hit in the United States that summer, reaching number three on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart.

However, it was highly controversial at the time. Some groups protested the apparent mockery of mental illness, while other groups attacked the apparent comparison of Napoleon's wife to a "mangy mutt". Few women are likely to be 'put in' the ASPCA, so it is most likely that the song was about a lost dog (see also attached record cover). The protesters put pressure both on radio stations directly and on the stations' advertisers. This was especially felt in New York City, where Top 40 stalwarts WABC and WMCA soon dropped the record from airplay and skipped it during their countdown shows, much to the confusion of the young teens who made up a large part of those broadcasters' audience. The record was soon banned from airplay as BMI took the unprecedented step of withdrawing its certification. By the time it had been recertified by SESAC, it had all but disappeared from the Billboard Top 40 playlist.[1]

Note the highlighted sentence. Eerily similar to what can happen to the threads on this site.

LOL