The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

Kind of like Michael Jordan "retiring" to play baseball so he would not be supsended for a year :o

Exactly like that.

I hope I'm not the only one paying attention to the WBC. I don't care how much criticism it's gotten, this is awesome stuff. Netherlands-Dominican and Cuba-Australia were both outstanding games last night. As a fan, I'll watch those over spring training games any day.

I hope I'm not the only one paying attention to the WBC. I don't care how much criticism it's gotten, this is awesome stuff. Netherlands-Dominican and Cuba-Australia were both outstanding games last night. As a fan, I'll watch those over spring training games any day.

BDD_NE_wbc_31009ap.jpg

BDD_DRloss_31009_gett.jpg

Why would he have been suspended for a year?

I dont think that would happen. I just think it came up at a "convenient" time IMO

I hope he is not hurt bad in all seriousnes. I dont wish any injury on any player

and that stuff is in the past to me.

fluke championships usually dont happen two years in row

No fluke about it...the Phillies were the best team on paper last year and they went out and proved it!!!

I was there at Game 5...a Dream come true to be there Live when the Phils won the WS!!!

lol at Cano like "Did the Yanks lose again??" Venezuela and I think Puerto Rico will square off. Hopefully PR wins it big.

U.S.A. lost 11-1 to Puerto Rico today in the WBC...what an embarrassment. None of them deserve to wear the red, white, and blue IMO. Except Pedroia...who of course thankfully missed this debacle.

Don't feel bad dude. In PR, baseball is all they live and breathe. Same as most of the Caribbean islands (Dominican, Cuba, etc...) Sometimes USA plays good, sometimes they miss out. It's the same as in regular baseball, sometimes your team throws an almost perfect game, sometimes, they allow 16 runs within the first 3 innings. Take it from a Yank. ;)

DiceK goes against the Cubans this afternoon, that should be good.

Looks like the US has laid an egg twice in a row, they better not make it 3.

Don't feel bad dude. In PR, baseball is all they live and breathe. Same as most of the Caribbean islands (Dominican, Cuba, etc...) Sometimes USA plays good, sometimes they miss out. It's the same as in regular baseball, sometimes your team throws an almost perfect game, sometimes, they allow 16 runs within the first 3 innings. Take it from a Yank. ;)

Last time I checked, we created baseball, and it's our national sport. I don't care if PR lives and dies by it; it's our sport and this type of showing is pathetic on every level. They all should be ashamed...and then deported. Maybe then they will appreciate and respect playing for the United States a little bit more.

As much as I love baseball and hockey, America also has not only baseball to play/observe/appreciate.... they also have Football, Basketball, Hockey, GOLF for friggin out loud, Tennis, Horse Racing, The World Series of Poker (GAG!) Soccer, and NASCAR. Not to mention the NCAA related sports... Americans aren't bred to do baseball anymore. Not saying PR, Cuba, Japan are and all (although I'm sure some countries do make sure to grab the most athletic kids and make them into stars)... but what I'm saying is baseball is America's Pastime, but not it's only. The Spanish Islands, and everything else, has Baseball, soccer... that's about it for me. Basketball at times... but no hockey, golf, tennis (only table tennis lol) etc etc...

Like I said before, I didn't see the game, but maybe they had an off day. Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, everyone has off days. Sometimes it sucks having them at the same time for our teams., but it happens. Here's just hoping things are played well and everyone has a good time and get ready for MLB.

And let's not even get into the deportation thing :rolleyes:

Edit: At least US beat the Netherlands tonight and stays in it. I'm hoping either US or PR wins it all.

As much as I love baseball and hockey, America also has not only baseball to play/observe/appreciate.... they also have Football, Basketball, Hockey, GOLF for friggin out loud, Tennis, Horse Racing, The World Series of Poker (GAG!) Soccer, and NASCAR. Not to mention the NCAA related sports... Americans aren't bred to do baseball anymore. Not saying PR, Cuba, Japan are and all (although I'm sure some countries do make sure to grab the most athletic kids and make them into stars)... but what I'm saying is baseball is America's Pastime, but not it's only. The Spanish Islands, and everything else, has Baseball, soccer... that's about it for me. Basketball at times... but no hockey, golf, tennis (only table tennis lol) etc etc...

Like I said before, I didn't see the game, but maybe they had an off day. Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, everyone has off days. Sometimes it sucks having them at the same time for our teams., but it happens. Here's just hoping things are played well and everyone has a good time and get ready for MLB.

And let's not even get into the deportation thing :rolleyes:

Edit: At least US beat the Netherlands tonight and stays in it. I'm hoping either US or PR wins it all.

Well I shouldn't have joked about deportation...my bad. But you see it was more than just an off game...I mean you didn't watch it of course so you wouldn't really know. But the last loss to VZ was bad as well...and then this game was just a joke. I'm glad they won tonight but still...every game needs to be important enough to bring it fully...and they hardly did that against PR.

What the heck???? Whoa...speechless....

BDD_AR_details_31709.jpg

BDD_AR_bed_3.17.09_det.jpg

pictures courtesy of dirtdogs.com

I saw this ^^^ on the espn homepage I think with the title, "athletes accepting sex status" or something like that...honestly thought it was breaking news on A-Rod being *edit* :lol:

definitely a little odd...where'd you get the other pic TSA?

Good game between US and PR so far... let's see who can win it now.

Not looking good for USA

edit: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK!!!!!

edit: David Wright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WALK OFF WIN FOR USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiceK vs. USA tonight. DiceK's looked really good so far, interesting to see if he reverts to his usual, nibbling self against familiar major league hitters.