The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

giraldi, dont stroke wangs ego, send him freakin down for a spell, bring hughes up... its embarassing

If it makes you feel any better, DiceK was just put on the DL :(

Only difference is that Francona yanked him after 1 inning, Girardi lets it fester.

not sure if wangs problems are physical or mental or both

I really couldn't say but with an ERA of 34.5 in only 3 starts, something sure ain't right. :o

LOL Yankees, 22-4 in that brand new park of yours. Nice going.

While I am not a big MLB or baseball fan for that matter, (do enjoy minor-league games though), I can't stand the Yanks and the love affair the media has with them. I also don't like some of their fans either.

Anyway, as stated, I wouldn't wind seeing a Cubs-Rangers world series, but I think I have a better chance at scoring with one of the Victoria's Secret models than actually seeing this potential world series happen, lol. Gonna try to get interested once hockey season ends

I got the game on MASN. The Bruins bumped them off NESN.

It is good to see the Sox bats are heating up, but Papi and Ellsbury's bats are both still very cold and I'm still really worried about them. I'm not all that worried about Dustin, but Ellsbury and Papi are more worrying right now. The pitching staff has been hit around a bit, but unlike the Yankees staff we've been able to fight through it a bit and are clawing our way back to .500 ball. Our depth at starter is paying off already and our very deep and talented pen is keeping us in and winning games for us. I'm sick of them playing games I can't watch though, we finally get past the west-coast trip and then get stuck playing the O's.....which Extra Innings blacks out because of the incredible amount of Orioles coverage already in this area. - sarcasm alert-

Is there a Time Warner plan that just lets you get NESN now? I love Extra Innings, but would love to be able to get the post/pre game stuff. Also does TWC finally carry MASN? I was still under the impression TWC was appealing that decision.

Is there a Time Warner plan that just lets you get NESN now? I love Extra Innings, but would love to be able to get the post/pre game stuff. Also does TWC finally carry MASN? I was still under the impression TWC was appealing that decision.

I have Direct TV, we get MASN standard and NESN extra.

Ah okay, may have to look into that. I hate it when you see the preview for the post-game stuff with Eck/Caron/Rice and then it cuts to a screen that says "GOODNIGHT!!!"........I want postgame......

Oye!!! 22 to 4?!?!?! What is UP with WANG?!?! 3 straight games he's let ridiculous runs get on. And then the bullpen imploded AGAIN!!!!!! Man...

Still can't believe Marlins record so far, 10-1. Man... if they keep it up, they'll be rolling into the Fall Classic. Thankfully it's 162 games.

Whats up with all those homeruns in the new Yankee Stadium? Very curious indeed.

Whats up with all those homeruns in the new Yankee Stadium? Very curious indeed.

And they are at it again.. Cleveland hit a solo shot in the second and a 2 runner in the 4th to go up 3-0. I dont know what the score is now.. I switched to the Flyers game.

My big thing as a non pro-baseball fan is, the same day they run the story on ESPN about the 2500$ PER game tickets at Yankee stadium (810,000$ for a full season) they get HUMILIATED 22-4... thats not good.. not good at all. I was at the NC State/FSU game last night when they announced that score and I thought it had to be a mistake. FSU won the game with a grand slam.. I guess the power game is creeping into the college level as well.

*yankees have scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th and lead 4-3. Posada hits (you guessed it.. ) a 2 run homer.

I'm deciding on going to Vegas or NY this summer vacation. We goto NY, we goto Yankee stadium. Thats my main reason. We goto Vegas, I'm going for the shows... yeah... those.

Happy Patriot's Day to all the Red Sox fans/Bostonians out there. How sweep it is :)

The offense has finally heated up and the rotation just got better with Masteron in for Dice K. The season has finally started and the Sox are above .500. Phew.

Well, today i decided to head out to the Rockies - Dodgers game, sadly i had nothing to cheer about..

:(

Here's a pic i took from our seats.. :)

1zsl7c.jpg

It amazes me how big baseball stadiums are.. Just behind home plate that stadium has two "lower decks", a row of boxes/suites and two "upper decks"... I think they said the new Yankee stadium seats 52,000? Granted there are bigger stadiums out there, some football stadiums seat upwards of 75 - 90 thousand, LSU's death valley seats 92k, Clemsons Death Valley seats 80k, Doak field at FSU seats 82k, and those are truly enormous arenas, but there arent too many that big.

Something about the way they layout ball parks, more vertical then wide like a football stadium just makes them look huge. I remember the one time I attended a game at the new Turner Field in Atlanta, we were way up in the upper decks (backs to the fence, suspended above the parking lot) and it was crazy how high we were.

I would just like to say that Tim Wakefield needs to retire, while Scott Baker needs to get it together.

That is all.

;)

LOL, with names like Becket, Dice K and Lester...who'd have thought that Wakefield would be the MVP so far this year.

LOL, with names like Becket, Dice K and Lester...who'd have thought that Wakefield would be the MVP so far this year.

Yeah really...he's got good numbers so far. 42 years old as well! Was stunned to see that...I mean he's always been an on/off type of pitcher since he's a knuckleballer, but I guess it's really worked in his favor. Still around, still getting it done.

But it's early TSA...my Twins as usual will hang around till the end, while I expect your loaded BoSox team to take the east. Although Papi doesn't look too good right now either...but they'll all come around. It's early.

And on a sidenote, I am just lovin' the Yanks new ballpark...it's giving them all sorts of fits with the homeruns. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out against them throughout the season.

Yeah really...he's got good numbers so far. 42 years old as well! Was stunned to see that...I mean he's always been an on/off type of pitcher since he's a knuckleballer, but I guess it's really worked in his favor. Still around, still getting it done.

But it's early TSA...my Twins as usual will hang around till the end, while I expect your loaded BoSox team to take the east. Although Papi doesn't look too good right now either...but they'll all come around. It's early.

And on a sidenote, I am just lovin' the Yanks new ballpark...it's giving them all sorts of fits with the homeruns. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out against them throughout the season.

Its very early and anything is possible. I wish I shared your optimism about Papi but he makes me nervous, Im not so sure he's going to get that power back at this point.

Its very early and anything is possible. I wish I shared your optimism about Papi but he makes me nervous, Im not so sure he's going to get that power back at this point.

I just realized that Boston beat the Twins twice today lol. Twins have never been able to handle Boston and New York...never ever. Doesn't matter which team is better at the time or which is hot or cold...can always count on the Twins losing.

Not fair says I. Not fair.

Sox re-acquired Kason Gabbard today and sent him to Pawtucket. This should help their pitching depth even more as Gabbard recovers from elbow surgery. If none of you recall Gabbard was one of the ones given away for the awesome trade for the always legendary Eric Gagne.

Sox re-acquired Kason Gabbard today and sent him to Pawtucket. This should help their pitching depth even more as Gabbard recovers from elbow surgery. If none of you recall Gabbard was one of the ones given away for the awesome trade for the always legendary Eric Gagne.

I forgot about him. After the bust that Gag-me was for Boston, they should have sent us back Gabbard and a 1st round pick.

Anyone else looking forward to this weekend ;) I bet Mark Teixeira isnt. :lol: