The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

I can't wait. Wang's not pitching this weekend thankfully.... Time to see what money buys.

Good one :lol:

i will watch series, but my hearts with canes right now

Yeah, I've barely watch any baseball all week, which is highly unusual for me. Still, I'm pretty fired up for this weekend, on both the hockey and baseball fronts. Hopefully we get the Lester from his last start and not the one from his first two.

I think Jason Bay is now a True Red Sox

Amen to that. Now....what to do about Papi? Did I mention how awesome our furture captain is?

I thought the crowd was rather tame with their "welcome to Boston" for Mark Teixeira. :huh:

I thought the crowd was rather tame with their "welcome to Boston" for Mark Teixeira. :huh:

Was thinking the same thing. Seemed like the crowd was relatively subdued until Bay's homer. Maybe it was because it's only April or maybe it was all the double plays we kept hitting into, but I thought it was definitely noticeable.

Yankees 3rd baseman Cody Ransom is out with an injury, looks like it'll be the 3rd stringer today Angel Berroa.

And Papi is still batting 3rd :mad:

Just another 4 1/2 hour Sox-Yankees game. Masterson better go deep tomorrow, neither team must have much left in their pens.

That was crazy. Batting practice at Fenway?

I wasnt sure who was going to win that one but when you come back from deficits 3 different times, I guess you deserve the win :blink:

All hail the captain.

bruneys injury with elbow hurts, i say put joba in pen, let hughes be aprt of rotation, hes starting tues nite against tigers

bruneys injury with elbow hurts, i say put joba in pen, let hughes be aprt of rotation, hes starting tues nite against tigers

You think they can start messing with Joba again this year? I dunno about that one, that poor kid has been moved around too much IMO.

Keep Joba as a starter. It's April. In August when we're tired as heck, and our pen is depleted, and Pettitte and Sabathia are the only ones with 15 wins, then I'll start worrying.

Seriously though, we need some bullpen help. Get their confidence back. And communication isn't bad either. Know the plans. And about Arod, we managed to get 11 runs yesterday without him. 11 runs. How many more would we get with him? It always comes around to this - the best offense is defense. Make sure they don't score (with pitching and good fielding)

Papi had 2 rbi's. :)

Over/under on Papi's first home run?

I'll say May 5/Cinco de Mayo against the NYYs in the Bronx. If he can't hit one out there, heaven help us.

Over/under on Papi's first home run?

I'll say May 5/Cinco de Mayo against the NYYs in the Bronx. If he can't hit one out there, heaven help us.

:lol: Now thats funny.

I'll take a Cane's win over a Yankee win any day. I'm a hardcore Yankee, but there are 162 games in baseball, and only 82 in hockey. We lose 3 in a row, we can still bounce back and win the division or wild card. Canes need all the help they can get for now. Until they have absolute scorers who put up points every game, then I won't worry.