The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

Hopefully Hughes has reworked his confidence and control. Those were 2 things to his downfall in 08. 07 looked snazzy, let's hope we get that Hughes, and not 08's Hughes.

It's a good thing the Canes won last night, otherwise I'd have gotten really pissed at Javy Lopez there. Can't believe we lost a stupid play like that but oh well, the streak was bound to end eventually.

It's a good thing the Canes won last night, otherwise I'd have gotten really pissed at Javy Lopez there. Can't believe we lost a stupid play like that but oh well, the streak was bound to end eventually.

That was brutal but they start a new streak tonight. :)

I dont know which of my teams is killing me more, the Canes and the Red Sox are fighting for the "Cardiac Kids" title. This was the 6th come from behind victory for the Red Sox this season. John Van Every had the game of his life.

If the Yanks don't first ;) We still have 851029480194801298019824019 million left in the bank. We could buy Fenway and the Red Sox if we really wanted, but Selig suggested to let them play it out.

sarcasm. :D

If the Yanks don't first ;) We still have 851029480194801298019824019 million left in the bank. We could buy Fenway and the Red Sox if we really wanted, but Selig suggested to let them play it out.

sarcasm. :D

You know, you say thats sarcasm but its not that far fetched to think that Cashmoney and the young Steinbrenners haven't at least thought about it <_<

Oh boy, here we go again:

Report: A-Rod used steroids since high school

New York Daily News

Relaying details from an upcoming book on Alex Rodriguez by Sports Illustrated's Selena Roberts, the New York Daily News reports today that Rodriguez may have started taking steroids as early as high school and is suspected of continuing his use with the New York Yankees.

Full article:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...t_arod_use.html

Boo, just wanted to post here for the first time in awhile.

Sox look good. My dad said Ortiz was done and I told him, who cares?

he was huge in 04 and 07 and the Sox would never have won a WS without him.

btw Jason Bay is a stud. I like this team a lot. They are so gritty. They can win 1-0 or 16-11.

I hope that Smoltz comes back to get Penny out of the rotation. He is awful Maybe LA knew

why he looked so bad. Bucholtz deserves another shot. Also dont be suprised to see

super Minor Leaguer in Bard out of the BP. He throws 100 MPH and will be a set up guy

next season for Boston unless he gets hurt.

not that anyone else cares but my Dodgers are 14-8 and look good as well. Billingley has

pitched very well. Eithier has done a good job and Manny (yes I stil hate him lol) is still

a HOF hitter and has not whined yet lol. Kershaw has tons of talent but looks ragged so far.

He is only 21 so he will mature. I just hope that someday Jason Schmidt comes back. One

can hope right>

Manny (yes I stil hate him lol) is still a HOF hitter and has not whined yet lol.

He cant whine, no one else wants him.

Matt Garza throwing a shut out so far in the 4th 6th inning.

Jinx...Jinx....Jinx....Jinx....Jinx....Jinx.....Jinx.......Jinx......no hitter......no hitter......no hitter......no hitter..... :lol:

Whoa, 13-0 and a 1 hitter, thank goodness for Ellsbury ruining the no-no. Are the Rays trying to make a statement? I hope the Red Sox lack of participation in that game didnt wake up the Rays.

Didn't Crawford steal home against us a few years ago too? I think what's even more surprising about yesterday is that it wasn't even Wake pitching. I could see that happening with him out there. We play Tampa again this weekend, but I'll be glad we don't see them again for a couple months after that.

Gees. 2 games in a row we've lost now. At Yankee stadium no less! If we get swept, we'll never hear the end of it.

Looks like the Red Sox have the Yankees number just like the Rays have the Red Sox number. Gonna be a long season with the dark horse Bluejays quietly playing some great baseball. Jason Bay is our new Yankee killer.

In Yankee news, I feel so bad for Joba and the news reports of his mother's arrest. I dont know what it is with the Yanks but they seem to be a magnet for any bad press out there.

best wish to jerry remy who has lung cancer, and is recovering.. yanks lack of any hitting at end of order costs them another game, rays and pena win in the 10th, and pavano beats the sox???? whats up with that? aND DO THE JAYS WANT TO LOSE? HALADAY WINS AGAIN..

Very nice dintz.

Jerry Remy takes leave to recover from cancer surgery

by Eric Ortiz, May 6, 2009