The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,6324894.story

Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended 50 games starting today, The Times has learned.

Just Manny being Manny. Leave it Manny to be dumb enough to get caught. Not surprising though, there really are very few names that would be a surprise.

That sound you hear is fantasy owners' heads exploding.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-ramirez8-2009may08,0,6324894.story' target="_blank">http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,6324894.story[/post]

Just Manny being Manny. Leave it Manny to be dumb enough to get caught. Not surprising though, there really are very few names that would be a surprise.

That sound you hear is fantasy owners' heads exploding.

Just read this myself. Wow, just wow! But not that suprising.

I made its own thread for this just because..... :lol:

I tell myself every time that I won't be surprised if anyone's on anything anymore... but this one's both shocking and hilarious at the same time.

OMG~MANNY BEING MANNY!!

Personal Message from The RemDawg

May 6, 2009

In November I had a very small, low-grade cancerous area removed from my lung. I was fortunate that it was discovered at an early stage. Except for the surgery, I required no additional treatments. I left the hospital with a clean bill of health.

Unfortunately, following the surgery, I developed a bad infection further compounded by a case of pneumonia. It was the pneumonia and the infection that set me back. This all happened just as I was leaving for spring training.

In hindsight, it was a mistake to go and I am paying the price for it now. As NESN announced, I am taking a leave of absence so that I can fully recover.

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for the outpouring of concern you have given me recently. I honestly appreciate it. Secondly, I want to emphasize that I am in good shape now.

While physically I have no issues, the past few months have been emotionally draining, and exhausting for both my family and I. Along those lines, I would like to thank NESN and the Red Sox for allowing me to take as much time as I need. I am not certain exactly when I will return, but I will keep you posted. I want to make sure that when I do return I can be with the team all the way to the 2009 World Series!

I hope that by stating all this publicly it will emphasize the dangers of smoking to everyone, especially children. So, once again, I appreciate all your support and I would like to emphasize

Condolences to the Red Sox nation on the passing of Dom DiMaggio, 92. :(

Sad week. First Jerry Remy's cancer problems and now this but at least Dom lived a full life till 92. Thats more of a celebration of life than a death to me.

I have an autographed ball by D. Dimaggio, and when I got it signed, I was like "Who's Dom?" Later on I learned who he was, but I just thought it was a little funny. "Joe Dimaggio's signature?? Sure!! ... wait... who's this?" Oh my, my dad was looking at me like "SHUT UP!!!"

And.... Arod homers in his 1st at bat back. Didn't do anything else the rest of the game, but, hey... he provided the run support. And finally CC starting to come through and get a couple of wins (and help the bullpen!)

The Braves came to town on Monday and ended that streak. The Braves left town taking 2 of 3. Santana needs to have a little chat with the guys about scoring runs for him.

This should be a fun board, got a Mets and Braves fan on it. Some good ole trash talking will be taking place.

Dude, there are Sox fans, and Yankee fans. There's plenty of good talks going, but it rarely gets trashy between us (Between the regular Sox fans and myself anyway).

Dude, there are Sox fans, and Yankee fans. There's plenty of good talks going, but it rarely gets trashy between us (Between the regular Sox fans and myself anyway).

Oh yeah? Yankees suck!

Hehe, just kidding ;)

Wow, Papi was benched for the Seattle series and can understand why. Mixed feelings here. I wanted him benched too because he was costing them games but what I really wanted was for Papi to come out the slump. :(

8 straight Yankee win. I guess things are going right for the Yanks and Sox. Interesting to see how everything turns out before the ASG.

Interesting to see how the Jays, Yanks, and Sox are going. Will the Sox and Yanks keep rolling? Or will the Jays turn their luck around and reclaim 1st? Stay tuned for the next month and a half while the Cane's hang on the edge of elimination!

;)

Go Mets

Sorry Quince but the Red Sox needed that. Now the Mets can win at will.

Yanks have found their stride and the AL EAst will be a horse race. Rays lost Iwamora for the season and their pitching is struggling after last years great run.

Pitching, pitching and more pitching....thats what it'll come down to.

Sorry Quince but the Red Sox needed that. Now the Mets can win at will.

Yanks have found their stride and the AL EAst will be a horse race. Rays lost Iwamora for the season and their pitching is struggling after last years great run.

Pitching, pitching and more pitching....thats what it'll come down to.

If my Twins didn't have to play the AL East, I seriously believe that we would easily make the playoffs every year, and possibly contend for the penant, because we always do more with less than anybody else.

Of course, we do have to play that damn division, and by God no matter what we lose. Against the Yanks we've won something like 4 or 5 games out of the last 25 (not kidding, and the Yanks dominance over us stretches back to the mid 90s), against the Jays we've lost like 12 straight games (and again have not had success against them for quite a few seasons), and against the Red Sox...well I can't remember but it's never been good. TSA maybe you can recount how the BoSox have faired with the Twins over the last 5 seasons or so.

It's all ridiculous though...we just cannot beat those teams. I'm not sure what we do against the O's and Rays (I think we're ok against them lol). I'm bringing this up of course because the Twins lost today against...you already know it, the Red Sox! After we swept the Brewers no less! And they certainly don't suck or anything.

If my Twins didn't have to play the AL East, I seriously believe that we would easily make the playoffs every year, and possibly contend for the penant, because we always do more with less than anybody else.

Of course, we do have to play that damn division, and by God no matter what we lose. Against the Yanks we've won something like 4 or 5 games out of the last 25 (not kidding, and the Yanks dominance over us stretches back to the mid 90s), against the Jays we've lost like 12 straight games (and again have not had success against them for quite a few seasons), and against the Red Sox...well I can't remember but it's never been good. TSA maybe you can recount how the BoSox have faired with the Twins over the last 5 seasons or so.

It's all ridiculous though...we just cannot beat those teams. I'm not sure what we do against the O's and Rays (I think we're ok against them lol). I'm bringing this up of course because the Twins lost today against...you already know it, the Red Sox! After we swept the Brewers no less! And they certainly don't suck or anything.

It was a good game FA. Im glad they benched Ortiz because it showed just how much his struggles were killing the offense. He'll be back in tomorrow but put in he bottom half of the order. Maybe it'll take some pressure off him and still allow the big guns to keep it rolling. There's no room for gloating because the AL East is up for grabs but Im impressed that the Red Sox have managed to crawl to the top without hitters like Manny and Papi, and without their top pitchers playing particularly good ball yet. Id like to see how they look when they're firing on several cylinders.

FA, be thankful your Twins arent in the AL East.

It was a good game FA. Im glad they benched Ortiz because it showed just how much his struggles were killing the offense. He'll be back in tomorrow but put in he bottom half of the order. Maybe it'll take some pressure off him and still allow the big guns to keep it rolling. There's no room for gloating because the AL East is up for grabs but Im impressed that the Red Sox have managed to crawl to the top without hitters like Manny and Papi, and without their top pitchers playing particularly good ball yet. Id like to see how they look when they're firing on several cylinders.

FA, be thankful your Twins arent in the AL East.

lol well let them hit all cylinders in the next series! but yes...I am thankful...because honestly we all know how bad the Central has been for oh so long it seems...I guess our lack of success against the East is only just because of it.

lol well let them hit all cylinders in the next series! but yes...I am thankful...because honestly we all know how bad the Central has been for oh so long it seems...I guess our lack of success against the East is only just because of it.
Hey, Im pretty sure the Sox would be happy to take Joe Mauer off your hands. ;)