The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

Okay, bottom 9, down a run, 1st and 2nd... and it's a pop fly to second base. Game's over, right?

Yup... sure was.

That finish to the Mets/Yanks game is the most embarrassing play I may have ever seen. Sad that Milton Bradley gives it a run for "most embarrassing play of the day" though.

Okay, bottom 9, down a run, 1st and 2nd... and it's a pop fly to second base. Game's over, right?

Yup... sure was.

That finish to the Mets/Yanks game is the most embarrassing play I may have ever seen. Sad that Milton Bradley gives it a run for "most embarrassing play of the day" though.

Watching Bradley's play was great though...I mean as a Twins fan haha. He literally looked over to the crowd, paused, and then threw it up to someone. All the while his teammates jumping up and down, yellin and screamin to stop him.

Classic Milton Bradley

Maybe the Yanks will pull Bostons/Pittsburghs... stink for a while, draft some really good prospects (who actually turn out great) and win some championships again. ;)

Wow... The Yanks RIPPED Johan a new one. 9 ER in 3 innings??? Man... Why can't they do that EVERY game?!? Geez...

congrats to u sox fans on the sweep, i agree TSA, we arent gritty and we still need to come into boston knowing we can win, not hoping, big difference.the whole bruney and KROD is hilarious... problem is that i think hughes is the 8th ining guy, but if wang is wrong, he needs to go into rotation.. i just dont think bruney can stay healthy.. well we meet again aug 6th, i miss my canes though

Funny thing about MLB, you can sweep a team one day and get your you-know-what handed to you the next day. Its been a tough schedule for the Red Sox, glad to have the Yanks and the Phillies behind us, at least for now.

Im keeping my eyes on Tampa, they're getting healthy and could be trouble. The AL East is a scary place to play these days.

Add Sammy Sosa to the list of 104. Kinda depressing.

I wonder if Barry Bonds and Roger Clemmens wish they just admitted it and came clean when they were caught since so many other big names are are being exposed now.

101 left on that list to go.....

Add Sammy Sosa to the list of 104. Kinda depressing.

I wonder if Barry Bonds and Roger Clemmens wish they just admitted it and came clean when they were caught since so many other big names are are being exposed now.

101 left on that list to go.....

eh TSA do you know why they're 1) releasing the names so slowly and like over an extended part of time, and 2) why they've waited so long to name everybody?

I feel that this has been discussed before...but just cannot remember the reasons said.

eh TSA do you know why they're 1) releasing the names so slowly and like over an extended part of time, and 2) why they've waited so long to name everybody?

I feel that this has been discussed before...but just cannot remember the reasons said.

I dont really know why. If it was me, Id come clean since that seems the best way to get forgiven and move on. I think I read somewhere that the players that took that test back in 03 dont even know the results so Im sure no one is too excited about coming forward and tainting their name if they're not even sure they're on the list. But you'd think those that knew they were doing something illegal would know if their names were on the list.

This isnt going away anytime soon and I have a feeling the names will be released one at a time for years. Im at the point that I just assume anyone during that time was taking something unless I hear different. Sad.

Watch the PawSox rally from an early 6-0 hole to beat the Bulls 8-6 tonight, the first time in years I've seen them win. NCSU's own Aaron Bates got a couple hits for the PawSox, including a single in the eighth that started a five-run rally.

In case no one's heard, a rehabbing Scott Kazmir starts against Clay Buchholz on Monday at the DBAP. On a related note, it looks like DiceK is still terrible.

Watch the PawSox rally from an early 6-0 hole to beat the Bulls 8-6 tonight, the first time in years I've seen them win. NCSU's own Aaron Bates got a couple hits for the PawSox, including a single in the eighth that started a five-run rally.

In case no one's heard, a rehabbing Scott Kazmir starts against Clay Buchholz on Monday at the DBAP. On a related note, it looks like DiceK is still terrible.

I was there too, great game. We didnt get there till after the grand slam so when we came in it was already looking pretty ugly. Who is this guy McNaulty (sp?)? He had a great game but doesnt look much like a athlete to me. Where were you sitting, was that you with the Red Sox shirt and cap on? :lol:

Jed Lowrie will get a rehab start on Sunday for Pawtucket.

I would have to agree DiceK looked back against my Braves. McLouth takes him deep on the 1st pitch of the game. That should have been a sign of things to come. Then he has bases loaded and walks Garret Anderson to get the 2nd run of the inning.

It was supposed to be the match up between two Japanese pitchers, DiceK v. Kenshin Kawakami or as we call him, KK. KK got the better of him.

The only one who did any damage against KK was Bay, who is having a very nice yr for the BoSox.

As for the suck up Smoltz, playing nicey nice with his former mates before the game, please. After he has trashed the organization after his release and then after Glavine was release, save it.

He hasn't pitched in a major league game yet. He gets his 1st start on Thursday, one day before the BoSox play in Atlanta. How convenient if you ask me? I guess he didn't want to hear the reign of Boos, he is going to hear. Glavine got them when he played for the Mets and return to Atlanta and you can bet Smoltz will hear them too.

Back to the Red Sox/Braves series, we got Lowe v. Beckett tonight. Lowe is returning to Fenway after 5 yrs and help the Sox win their 1st WS in 84 yrs. Should be a good pitching match up.

DLowe will get a standing "O" like Roberts, Pedro and Milar did when they returned. DiceK has made the decisions easy and will probably come down with a mysterious case of the Fenway Flu. This will land him on the DL making room for Smoltz and allowing Penny to reamin in the rotation for the time being.

Smoltz made it clear from day that he didnt want his first start back to be against the Braves. If he had a couple of starts under his belt I doubt it would be an issue but for his first start back that may only be 5-6 innings (more than DiceK can go :lol:), he said he wanted his return to be about rehabbing from surgery to make his way back to the big league and not about the drama of him facing his old team.

I was there too, great game. We didnt get there till after the grand slam so when we came in it was already looking pretty ugly. Who is this guy McNaulty (sp?)? He had a great game but doesnt look much like a athlete to me. Where were you sitting, was that you with the Red Sox shirt and cap on? :lol:

Jed Lowrie will get a rehab start on Sunday for Pawtucket.

Actually, I spent most of the game standing under the Bull up on the Blue Monster. It was a cool view. Since I'll likely never get to sit in the Monster seats in Fenway, this was the closest I'll get.

I was thinking McAnulty practically looks like the stereotypical career Triple-A player. He must have some ability or he wouldn't have gotten this far, but he aint takin Jason Bay's job any time soon.

Actually, I spent most of the game standing under the Bull up on the Blue Monster. It was a cool view. Since I'll likely never get to sit in the Monster seats in Fenway, this was the closest I'll get.

I was thinking McAnulty practically looks like the stereotypical career Triple-A player. He must have some ability or he wouldn't have gotten this far, but he aint takin Jason Bay's job any time soon.

We were right near you in the front row where the pitcher warms up next to the visitors bullpen. Clay Bucholtz was sitting on the end of the bench for a few innings but my son couldnt get his attention.

I'm gonna try to go the Bulls/PawSox game tomorrow or Monday. One question though, how easy is it to get some autographs if you get to the DBAP early enough? I'd love to get one from Buccholz, Bowden or Anderson.

Beckett looked great tonight though, aside from that last start against Philly he's been lights out for the last month +. It looks like '08 really was due to injury and his '07 form is what he's turning in this year.

I'm gonna try to go the Bulls/PawSox game tomorrow or Monday. One question though, how easy is it to get some autographs if you get to the DBAP early enough? I'd love to get one from Buccholz, Bowden or Anderson.

Good luck getting tickets, Monday will be very tough unless you find some on Craig's List since it will be Kazmir vs Bucholtz. Jed Lowrie is playing today in his first rehab start too and with it being Father's Day, tickets may be tough to get today too.

No idea about getting autographs, never tried it but if you sit between the bull pen and the dugout, Ive seen them hand out balls and sign at the end of the game.

DLowe got 3 standing "O's" at the start of the game and big one when he left the game. Red Sox fans may be tough but they have long memories.

What a game last night :)

yanks had a chance in 8th, jeter hits into a DP.. great pitching between AJ and josh johnson.. hughes does the job again..i want him in rotation, and joba in pen! wake up cashmen and giraldi!

yanks had a chance in 8th, jeter hits into a DP.. great pitching between AJ and josh johnson.. hughes does the job again..i want him in rotation, and joba in pen! wake up cashmen and giraldi!

Hughs did look very good. If they put Joba back in the pen, what will that do to his psyche again?

well tsa, his limit is 150 innings, then he will be in pen, but later than i wanted... shelly duncan should be up here, tomko isnt the answer..

Not an impressive night for Buchholz. Didn't throw nearly enough strikes especially with his fastball. Between him tonight and Bowden on Friday, this was a disappointing showing for two of our best young pitchers.

The Rockies have to be the best team in baseball right now. They're on a tear. I don't know if it's the teams they're facing, but they're hot. 19-5 since the new manager took over. Only Joe Morgan, and some other guy from the 30's went 19-5 after taking over before hand. Man... I haven't even checked on the Yanks/Sox that much either. Slow summer.

kate hudson brought lance armstrong down forawhile,amember black crowes, owen wilson attempted to take his own life.andnow arod partying with her..what the hey..what is wrong with arod???? hes mentally a teenager, he sat out marlins series from fatigue... YES! FROM BO@@@@@MISS KATE,im getting greyer as each day of this soap opera goes on.. whats nexta reality series??? sigh.

kate hudson brought lance armstrong down forawhile,amember black crowes, owen wilson attempted to take his own life.andnow arod partying with her..what the hey..what is wrong with arod???? hes mentally a teenager, he sat out marlins series from fatigue... YES! FROM BO@@@@@MISS KATE,im getting greyer as each day of this soap opera goes on.. whats nexta reality series??? sigh.

I dont really watch enough Yankees games closely but the Nats announcers last night said the Yanks problems are easy to see. They have tons of amazing individual talent but dont play as a team. Cashman does great at signing the big names but overlooks whether or not the personalties can mesh together. Yanks have been lacking an identity as a team for years now and dont play for each other. Their older players are aging out as a group, and their younger players like Gardner are put into situations where they take on way too much responsibility, which hurts their long term development. They said they think decisons are being made to save Cashman and Girardi's professional lives and aren't always in the best interest of the developing players.

Dont shoot me, just sharing some thoughts from Rob Dibble and the other Nats guy which was also discussed on Dibble's radio show.

Poor Coco Crisp:

HOUSTON -- Royals center fielder Coco Crisp will undergo right shoulder surgery on Wednesday and will miss the rest of the season, manager Trey Hillman said on Tuesday. Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery to repair a labrum tear at Birmingham, Ala.

"So he's out for the season and, obviously, that's not what we were looking for, but it's something that needs to be done," Hillman said. "They don't know exactly what they're going to have to do until they get in there, but they've got a pretty good idea."

Crisp is on the third year of a three-year deal he signed with the Red Sox, making $5.75 million. There also is a club option for 2010 at a salary of $8 million with a buyout of $500,000.

Full Article: http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/arti...jsp&c_id=kc

I feel bad for him and the Royals, they were really off to a good start till all the injuries hit. Coco was nothing but a team player in Boston and deserved an everyday position somewhere. This said...Theo is a genius, again.