The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

TWINS WIN!

:))))))))))

Forget the 'Canes, this game kept me up and down all evening haha. A very special night for sure...Tigers had every opportunity but couldn't do it. So happy though for my Twins.

And now we face...the Yanks lol. Who cares...Gardy did it again so it's nothing to lose now.

GO TWINS!

Congrats, that was an epic win.  We were checking the score all game at the RBC tonight and couldn't believe it was tied in the 12th, right about the time we were heading into the shootout.

Twins are either going to be gassed out or completely juiced for tomorrow night.  Either way, in a 5 games series.....anything can happen.

I hope Twins can somehow take the series. One of the best cinderella stories in baseball this season, it sucks that they won't be able to do it without Morneau.

I hope Twins can somehow take the series. One of the best cinderella stories in baseball this season, it sucks that they won't be able to do it without Morneau.

I don't care how they do it, but the Twins winning would make a very happy baseball fan.

[quote name='rollinsox007 wrote:

Buzzinator']I hope Twins can somehow take the series. One of the best cinderella stories in baseball this season, it sucks that they won't be able to do it without Morneau.

I don't care how they do it, but the Twins winning would make a very happy baseball fan.

Amen!

Last night was a tough choice for me. My inclination was to pull for the Twins since I think they're generally more likeable than the Tigers. But I figured the Tigers had a much better chance of knocking off the NYYs. Looks like that's what will probably play out. Can't fault the Twins for losing tonight though. Nick Blackburn's been good down the stretch, hopefully he gives them enough of a chance to take game 2.

I guess I'll cheer for the Yanks all by myself. howdy.gif
Your not alone Caniac 23.  I'm with you as I type this message sitting on an old Yankee Stadium seat purchased when they renovated

"THE STADIUM"  way back when in 1973.  pimp.gif

You Yankee fans need to hush up...nobody wants you around!

wink.gif

(this is like the only time that I join the bosox fans in disliking yanks fans lol)

But go Twins for tomorrow! Won't be easy but maybe we'll be a little bit rested up.

I guess I'll cheer for the Yanks all by myself. howdy.gif

c23, I predict the Yanks will sweep.  Twins may have run out of gas similar to how the Canes did when they got to the ECF's

I also think the Sox/Angels will go 5.

Medford must be happy with his Dodgers.

tori hunter took charge... even with past history for beckett and red sox a must win tonight.. as a yanks fan im tired of hearing should it be molina or posada... its molina, bring jorges bat off bench for game 2.. yanks roll again, twins are gutsey but outmatched, glad to see colorado hang on, and gotta feel bad for holiday, but the closer gave that up... hmmm, joe t revisits the big apple pershaps ina few weeks???btw, wheres medford been, havent seen him... john u out here?

twins just gave the game away tonight. bases loaded in the top of the 11th, and NOTHING. 17 left on base for the game. SEVENTEEN. 3-1 lead bottom of the ninth, and our all-star closer looked like he had never made a save attempt in his life.

absolutely sickening. excuse me while i go throw up for the rest of the night.

twins just gave the game away tonight. bases loaded in the top of the 11th, and NOTHING. 17 left on base for the game. SEVENTEEN. 3-1 lead bottom of the ninth, and our all-star closer looked like he had never made a save attempt in his life.

absolutely sickening. excuse me while i go throw up for the rest of the night.

Sorry FA, that was almost as brutal as the Cardinals loss.  Lets hope the Red Sox get the split in LA.

I didn't have huge hopes coming in because Lester and Beckett were dinged up, but I thought our offense would put up at least more than one run in 2 games.  I think we'll salvage the next 2 at Fenway and then everything is thrown out in a Game 5 of a Division Series.

I didn't have huge hopes coming in because Lester and Beckett were dinged up, but I thought our offense would put up at least more than one run in 2 games.  I think we'll salvage the next 2 at Fenway and then everything is thrown out in a Game 5 of a Division Series.
I hope you're right, I understand not getting much off of Lackey but Weaver?   I have a good feeling about Buchholtz but not the series. 

I guess Arod finally got the monkey off his bat, or back, whichever you please. Unbelievable game homers from them. I was hoping for a Yanks/Sox ALCS, but it's looking more like Yanks/Angels. I'd rather take my chances with the Sox than with the Angels.

Yup ... Arod appears to be free of the post season jinx. Yanks got a little lucky last night but Twins had their chances. Terrific walk off home run by Teixeira.  One more win and we can sit back and watch, rest and wait for the ALCS to start.

I'm not counting the Red Sox out yet. If any team can win three straight its the Sox but the Angels look good.

if its sox-yanks, then its fun especially for me here in mass.. if its the  angels time to    finally exercise those demons...  robertson did a great job, and joba is being usually perfectly by   giraldi out of pen...

Wow. I can't believe the Sox got swept. I feel bad for Buchholz, not for Papelbon though. Definitely some heartbreak there.

Edit: I also can't believe Carl Pavano is pitching the way he is right now.  In spite losing 1-0 right now, it's still a great game.

Yikes, between the Sox and the Pats both giving away wins in the last few minutes, I've completed the trifecta of death this weekend.  Canes, Sox and Pats all go down in flames.

Oh well, I never had a good feeling for the Red Sox heading into the playoffs and the Angels had exorcised their playoff demons in their final meeting of the season with the Sox.  I took about 5 minutes to mourn and now I'm rooting for an Angels/Twins ALCS just to anger the networks. Hey, I gotta take it out on someone. cool.gif 

Papelbon did blow it but he didn't lose this series all by himself.  Its possible that the rather large serving of humble pie he got tonight will go a long way in making him a better team player. 

"When the season is over, and it ends like it did today, you definitely, definitely remember those situations when you're in the weight room getting ready to come back and prepare for the next season," Papelbon said. "Who knows? I might replay this on the TV in my weight room this offseason and get a little bit of motivation.

"The biggest thing is not being able to finish the job at hand. I'm definitely going to use this to make me work harder for next year. This is something I'm going to take on my shoulders."

Theo has his work cut out for him now. 

Yikes, between the Sox and the Pats both giving away wins in the last few minutes, I've completed the trifecta of death this weekend.  Canes, Sox and Pats all go down in flames.

Oh well, I never had a good feeling for the Red Sox heading into the playoffs and the Angels had exorcised their playoff demons in their final meeting of the season with the Sox.  I took about 5 minutes to mourn and now I'm rooting for an Angels/Twins ALCS just to anger the networks. Hey, I gotta take it out on someone. cool.gif 

Papelbon did blow it but he didn't lose this series all by himself.  Its possible that the rather large serving of humble pie he got tonight will go a long way in making him a better team player. 

"When the season is over, and it ends like it did today, you definitely, definitely remember those situations when you're in the weight room getting ready to come back and prepare for the next season," Papelbon said. "Who knows? I might replay this on the TV in my weight room this offseason and get a little bit of motivation.

"The biggest thing is not being able to finish the job at hand. I'm definitely going to use this to make me work harder for next year. This is something I'm going to take on my shoulders."

Theo has his work cut out for him now. 

Welp...there's the sweep. Another baserunning gaffe and another fumbled loss. All from a team that prides itself on doing the little things right. Really disappointing series. So much left on the table.

Here's to the Dome...great memories for many teams, but most are glad to see you gone.

Welp...there's the sweep. Another baserunning gaffe and another fumbled loss. All from a team that prides itself on doing the little things right. Really disappointing series. So much left on the table.

Here's to the Dome...great memories for many teams, but most are glad to see you gone.

Based on what the Twins went through just to get to the playoffs, I'd say it was a valiant effort.

Lets go Angels smile.gif

Hallelujah!!!! Finally...the Yankee's are continuing and the Red Sox are OUT! Both SWEEPS. Nice to see A-Rod shake off his jinx...maybe the Yank women need to smack talk about Kate Hudson more often.

It should be a competitive series going forward (god, am I talking in cliche's???). I've kept an eye on the Angels this season. Nice to see them rebound on what could have been a disastrous season. However, I am fully committed to seeing my Bronx bombers get to the World Series.

Let's go Yankees! icon_applause2.gif