The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreatsavebyGerber

MLB Thread: Opening Day 2014

they have distaste because they know the sox would have went to the series if they held onto him last year.

He quit on the team and lied about injuries to get himself out of a contract he agreed to for $40 million dollars. There's no doubt about his talent and I cant overlook the fact that he was a huge part of the Red Sox winning their World Series (plural) but.....he didnt like his contract anymore so he just quit playing to get traded.

Thats why it gives me great pleasure to see that no team is willing to take a chance on his attitude for more than a one year deal, where he'll have the incentive of a new contract to keep playing all season long.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else hear the story about A-Rod juicing back in '03 and testing positive? This has turned out to be a good offseason, A-Rod is busted and Manny is homeless. Priceless.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/02/rodriguez_teste.html' target="_blank">http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...guez_teste.html[/post]

This ought to put the sting from Joe Torre's book in the background. It never ends for the Yankees :rolleyes:

A-fraud indeed.

I'm not all that surprised though. But I assume he can't be punished for this.

If he's smart, he'll do what Giambi did and come out in the media right away, own it and say he's sorry for making a bad decision. Not so sure about the MVP award that year though...

Now we know why he was nicknamed A-Fraud. Wonder what other names will come off that list, there were 104 :o

With 104 names on the list I hope it isn't the case, but logic is telling me that I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Sox players on there, but you cannot take away the accomplishments of teams during this period because each team was dirty in one way or another with some players who had used roids. You can however take away individual achievements and I strongly feel that they should.

So I guess Aroid didnt choose the "come clean and appologize" option and denied any usage of performance enhancing drugs.

And the story now gets worse. The latest report is that he was "tipped off" 4 weeks before being tested in 2004 so he would have time to discontinue his next cycle and get all traces of the drugs out if his system in time. Stay tuned....

The most ironic thing about all this was that the "list" was supposed to be anonymous, and destroyed shortly after it was put together...yet the player's association kept it around for no real reason and then boom balco happens and the Feds want everything...just a real internal failure here.

I'm not posting it (Im so tempted to) but have a look at the front cover of the NY Post today. :o:lol:

I wouldnt want to be Arod going into any opposing ballparks this year, especially Boston.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...about_arod.html

And look who he's leaning on for damage control, lol:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02092009/news/...mode_154208.htm

Note to Aroid: Come clean and own it, help clean up the sport for good and become a hero.

*the 2 Red Sox players I fear will be on the list are Nomar Garciaparra and Trot Nixon.

EDIT: He confessed (because he got caught):

Alex Rodriguez to Peter Gammons: "I was young, I was stupid, I was naive, and I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth . . . being one of the greatest players of all time. I did take a banned substance and for that I am very sorry and deeply regretful."

Not exactly the humble confession of someone trying to re-invent his reputation.

I cant get enough of this stuff

Manny still homeless with spring training starting in 2 days.

And more Aroid fun from Dirtdogs.com:

BDD_AR_PG_pinocchio21009.jpg

I've got my say, but it'll have to wait until after some Science methods. :rolleyes:

This cant be fun for Yankee fans coming right after the Torre book too and I really do feel for them. Their fans are loyal and dont deserve all this. However, I dont feel bad for Arod because if he didnt get caught, he wouldnt be sorry for anything. I do feel for him that he was singled out of the 104 names. But I guess that comes with being awarded MVP's, breaking current records and being on pace to become the best all time hitter in baseball.

wow....and to think of all the analysts who were pointing to a-Rod as the guy who is proof you don't need steroids to hit homers still, and that he could be the all-time home run leader. All that just went down the toilet.

Oh well, we still got Pujols to look up to (knocks on wood)

wow....and to think of all the analysts who were pointing to a-Rod as the guy who is proof you don't need steroids to hit homers still, and that he could be the all-time home run leader. All that just went down the toilet.

Oh well, we still got Pujols to look up to (knocks on wood)

I think its safer to look up to Hank Aaron, you just never know.

Miguel Tejada went down for the count today too.

What I can't believe out of this whole thing is how incompetent the players union was in this whole situation. Why on earth didn't they destroy the test results? Or at least get ride any way to trace them back to who tested positive. Its not like it does the union any good to have players outed, whether they deserve it or not. The only reason I can think to keep those results around other than laziness is for blackmail and I wouldn't think the union would be playing that game.

What I can't believe out of this whole thing is how incompetent the players union was in this whole situation. Why on earth didn't they destroy the test results? Or at least get ride any way to trace them back to who tested positive. Its not like it does the union any good to have players outed, whether they deserve it or not. The only reason I can think to keep those results around other than laziness is for blackmail and I wouldn't think the union would be playing that game.

They say that they only had six days after the results were confirmed before the Feds issued subpoenas on them...so yea that's their story.

<_<

Interesting to hear the quotes from various players around the league about all this. Most of them aren't hard on Arod but disgusted that many fans will question all players now because of these high profile guys that have been outed. I heard Mark Lorretta voice his disgust that the bar was set by all these players who cheated, records were broken and salaries were based on false performances. The guys who were clean were cheated by all this and will also be under suspicion because of the actions of others.

Kinda interesting, never really thought about how all this effected the players from a salary perspective.

I just watched the Gammons-Rodriguez interview...and I'm stunned that anybody could pat A-Rod on the back for that "admission." What a scripted joke...and Gammons didn't even go where he should have gone with some of the questions.

Pathetic.

I was kind of wondering how S.I. got a hold of test results from 2003,lol, and these were apparently never mentioned to A-rod before. If I take a test, i usually want to know my results, why did he take a test anyways if they didn't even test for roids back then? I just have a lot of questions about how this stuff comes out years later, and how the Mitchell report somehow missed this huge target on A-Rod.

I sitll think a-rod is a great player regardless, honestly, it wouldn't change my mind abotu him being in the hall of fame if he is clean the rest of his career.

I was kind of wondering how S.I. got a hold of test results from 2003,lol, and these were apparently never mentioned to A-rod before. If I take a test, i usually want to know my results, why did he take a test anyways if they didn't even test for roids back then? I just have a lot of questions about how this stuff comes out years later, and how the Mitchell report somehow missed this huge target on A-Rod.

I still think a-rod is a great player regardless, honestly, it wouldn't change my mind about him being in the hall of fame if he is clean the rest of his career.

The players union agreed to anonymous testing to see how many players were involved and how widespread the problem was. If there were many involved, they would have reason to sanction mandatory drug testing. They were supposed to keep the names anonymous because the agreement wasn't about who, just how many. After the testing, the players union wanted the test results destroyed but obviously that didn't happen. When the prosecuter granted permission to access that list to help prove what was in the Balco report(Arods name was not in that report), thats when Arod name was found and then leaked, he was perhaps the biggest and most visible name on that list. Its not fair that hs was the only name leaked but Im willing to bet its only the beginning.

My issue with all this is for the clean players out there. All players will be under suspicion and this wont ever go away until whoever cheated comes clean, clearing the names of the innocent. If someone leaked Arod was on that list, regardless of whether or not the list gets destroyed, then someone knows the names of the other 103 and eventually they'll come out too. Why prolong the misery? If they cheated and are hiding, the best thing they can do for the sport, their peers that didn't cheat and themselves is to come clean so everyone can move forward. At this point, its up to the players to control the rest of this nightmare and decide when its time to move on. If not, these little "leaks" will keep on coming and baseball will never be able to get past this.

Just my opinion.

This HotStove season just keeps coming and Scott Borat has finally hit the desperation point with Manny still homeless and Spring training opening tomorrow.

Manny now has an "authorized" biography being conviently released now that explains his side of everything that's happened that brought him to the point of unemployment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...ook_on_man.html

BDD_MR_book_2.11.09_bdd.jpg

I know the Red Sox will miss his bat in the line up but Im 100% sure they're not missing his drama heading into this years training, camp for the first time in 8 years.

The players union agreed to anonymous testing to see how many players were involved and how widespread the problem was. If there were many involved, they would have reason to sanction mandatory drug testing. They were supposed to keep the names anonymous because the agreement wasn't about who, just how many. After the testing, the players union wanted the test results destroyed but obviously that didn't happen. When the prosecuter granted permission to access that list to help prove what was in the Balco report(Arods name was not in that report), thats when Arod name was found and then leaked, he was perhaps the biggest and most visible name on that list. Its not fair that hs was the only name leaked but Im willing to bet its only the beginning.

My issue with all this is for the clean players out there. All players will be under suspicion and this wont ever go away until whoever cheated comes clean, clearing the names of the innocent. If someone leaked Arod was on that list, regardless of whether or not the list gets destroyed, then someone knows the names of the other 103 and eventually they'll come out too. Why prolong the misery? If they cheated and are hiding, the best thing they can do for the sport, their peers that didn't cheat and themselves is to come clean so everyone can move forward. At this point, its up to the players to control the rest of this nightmare and decide when its time to move on. If not, these little "leaks" will keep on coming and baseball will never be able to get past this.

Just my opinion.

So I guess i this case, the union didn't do to good of a job protecting their players,lol, but I'm glad the test results weren't destroyed and those names need to be released, especially if a-Rods name was released. it is only fair to the players who aren't guilty of this stuff.

But yea, MLB is seriously messe dup, where in another sport does congress have to basically dig up the dirt on players.

This HotStove season just keeps coming and Scott Borat has finally hit the desperation point with Manny still homeless and Spring training opening tomorrow.

Manny now has an "authorized" biography being conviently released now that explains his side of everything that's happened that brought him to the point of unemployment.

It's "Authorized" by Manny, that's awesome. It's like it's some sort of Manny-adaptation of Being John Malkovich. I can't wait for the movie.