The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

I think you would get a debate from many fans, and former players, that a wicked shoulder shot to the head is not clean even though it is legal.

Maybe, but I don't recall Kariya crying about Stevens shoulder hit that left him unconcious and not breathing on the ice. He seemed to take it like a man.

Of course he didn't but that wasn't the point anyway. It had to do with fan reaction and there was a firestorm of it from Ducks fans.

The amount of flip flopping you do in a debate is astounding. I thought we were talking about legality? Now we're talking about fan reaction? (which is always bias anyways)

The amount of flip flopping you do in a debate is astounding. I thought we were talking about legality? Now we're talking about fan reaction? (which is always bias anyways)

Don't look now but why then did I write about fan reactions on boards:

"When Schaefer laid Connolly out in a hit similar to Campbell's on Umberger, Buffalo fans lit up boards saying it was a cheap shot."

"I can see why the Sabres aren't happy about it but much of what I've read on various boards is an overreaction. Yes, Briere could have been hurt but I saw it as a stupid act on Ovechkin's part and nothing more."

"Although legal, the hit shoulder to helmet hit by Campbell on Umberger was vicious yet Sabres' fans still celebrate that hit as they do the cowardly Roy sucker punch on Staal last playoffs."

Do you an argument quota to fill each day? :lol::lol::lol:

You just proved my point.....

you started by talking about the legality of Ovechkins hit.

then the fan reactions to chambell or umberger

then back to legality when you talked about former players and their opinions on shoulder checks.

And since Kariya is a player, I simply pointed out that he has never verbally spoke out against stevens as a dirty player or being over aggressive....and you retreated back into the fan reaction argument. Sometimes it seems like you just want an excuse to use the emoticons.

You just proved my point.....

you started by talking about the legality of Ovechkins hit.

then the fan reactions to chambell or umberger

then back to legality when you talked about former players and their opinions on shoulder checks.

And since Kariya is a player, I simply pointed out that he has never verbally spoke out against stevens as a dirty player or being over aggressive....and you retreated back into the fan reaction argument. Sometimes it seems like you just want an excuse to use the emoticons.

The funny thing is that in essence I agreed with you about fan perspective and offered commentary along the way about hits in question.

But you just seem to want and comb the posts to find "argument nuggets." :)

Good luck with that.

not really stormrider.....it's the fact that whenever someone points out a flaw in your arguments you do as many cartwheels as you can to make it look like you're not wrong. FM has pointed out before that I have a tendency to do that as well, so I'm not accusing you of something I'm not guilty of myself.

not really stormrider.....it's the fact that whenever someone points out a flaw in your arguments you do as many cartwheels as you can to make it look like you're not wrong. FM has pointed out before that I have a tendency to do that as well, so I'm not accusing you of something I'm not guilty of myself.

The difference is you're the only one pointing out "flaws" in my arguments. :)

Umm yeeeeah..

So the Habs game tonight is on Versus, so everybody can watch it!..... except me.. So you guys watch it for me =[ I'll be listening to it on XM...

But wait... your signature implies that you don't like the Habs. Why would you want to watch them?! :P

Umm yeeeeah..

So the Habs game tonight is on Versus, so everybody can watch it!..... except me.. So you guys watch it for me =[ I'll be listening to it on XM...

yes!! I can watch it! :)

Why don't you get Versus? Don't you have Center Ice? And can't you just get a Canadian feed since Versus is just an American station, like RDS or something? How strange!

=[ I love the Habs!

I can't watch it because of the stupid thing my mom got on our TV, we don't get the OLN channel.. I do have Centre Ice but because I'm supposed to have OLN on my TV and I don't have it then I don't catch the feed on Centre Ice.. it's pretty stupid.

=[ I love the Habs!

I can't watch it because of the stupid thing my mom got on our TV, we don't get the OLN channel.. I do have Centre Ice but because I'm supposed to have OLN on my TV and I don't have it then I don't catch the feed on Centre Ice.. it's pretty stupid.

Ouch, that sucks. :( Uh oh, what happens in the playoffs during the final two rounds and the blackout rules apply and games are only on Versus and CBC? Will they let you get the TSN or CBC feeds I wonder? hmmm....

I think you would get a debate from many fans, and former players, that a wicked shoulder shot to the head is not clean even though it is legal.

Maybe, but I don't recall Kariya crying about Stevens shoulder hit that left him unconcious and not breathing on the ice. He seemed to take it like a man.

Regardless of the legality of that, many of Stevens' hits were malicious.

Stevens jsut had a knack for catching players crossing the trolley tracks with their head down......major Stevens type body checks are laid out all the time by a variety of players. The only difference with Stevens is he knew how to do it on command. I'm sure he has a few hits that were questionable, but as a whole if Stevens was that malicious I think it would have been voiced by other players a lot more.

That's just my opinion, you're entitled to yours and I know I won't be able to change it. You seen pretty determined that Stevens is not as clean as everyone thinks he is.

Stevens had clean plays, but he did have a rep around the league of being a headhunter come playoff time. That combined with the way that the hits certainly looked malicious, makes me thing that many of them were. Not all of them, but many.

Stevens had clean plays, but he did have a rep around the league of being a headhunter come playoff time. That combined with the way that the hits certainly looked malicious, makes me thing that many of them were. Not all of them, but many.

I didn't follow his career closely, and considering you probably seen a lot of the devils in phillie, I won't deny you on this.