The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

Sabres win Vs the Caps 6-3. They scored all their goals in the first period. 6 goals in 11 mins actually. lol

Its too bad Briere acted like a p---- and speared Ovechkin... :evil:

If the Sabres scored 6 goals in the first 11 minutes, what did they do the rest of the 49 minutes of the game? Caps came back with 3 goals over the next two periods.

If the Sabres scored 6 goals in the first 11 minutes, what did they do the rest of the 49 minutes of the game? Caps came back with 3 goals over the next two periods.

tsa - basically, the Caps were able to regroup a bit after the break, and the Sabres made a few silly mistakes and the power play, which appeared to have begun to correct itself early on in the game fumbled later on. Plus, Kolzig was in goal after Johnson let in 4 goals very very very early on (see freak out picture below) and was able to make some very key saves. The Sabres were still generating some good offense later on, but Olie did his job.

capt.nydh20212270126.capitals_sabres_hockey_nydh202.jpg

Andrew Peters got his first point, and so did Miller. haha

Just read the recap of the game and it sounds nasty. Can't figure out why the Caps didn't start Olie in goal to begin with. Briere took a cheap shot at AO...not smart. He could have just been satisfied with with the 6 goal "message" but chose an unclassy retaliation, not very Captainlike. I don't think the league can ignore it but I doubt it calls for a suspension.

Should be an interesting game on Thursday night.

Just read the recap of the game and it sounds nasty. Can't figure out why the Caps didn't start Olie in goal to begin with. Briere took a cheap shot at AO...not smart. He could have just been satisfied with with the 6 goal "message" but chose an unclassy retaliation, not very Captainlike. I don't think the league can ignore it but I doubt it calls for a suspension.

Should be an interesting game on Thursday night.

Man I am not used to these games being at 4 in the afternoon..

I sat down at 7 to watch the Sabres game and it was already over =

I didn't even go to the Kings game.. what a game to miss.. rawr... Catherine did NOT meet Wayne Gretzky.

Today at 4 in the afternoon I will be watching the Habs game =] Yay!

tsa - basically, the Caps were able to regroup a bit after the break, and the Sabres made a few silly mistakes and the power play, which appeared to have begun to correct itself early on in the game fumbled later on. Plus, Kolzig was in goal after Johnson let in 4 goals very very very early on (see freak out picture below) and was able to make some very key saves. The Sabres were still generating some good offense later on, but Olie did his job.

Interesting. You would think that if your playing Buffalo you would play your best goalie which is Kolzig. Washington's coach must of had too much eggnog.

As far as Briere taking that cheapshot on Ovechkin, kind of stupid on his part. He should have been the bigger guy.

overrated-no. sleazebag-more times than not unfortunately.

i just dont get danny, at all....youre up 6-0 when this happens, and he has to spear ovechkin....my god, i think you already got your back back on the score board.

im really disappointed in him. his amazing skill is overshadowed by his cheapness...

I think my favorite part of the playoffs last year (besides us winning it...) was when Andrew Ladd laid out Briere, I have looked for video of it, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows anything about that, let me know.

Im not exactly sure what last year has anything to do with what we're talking about, at all. Seriously.

Anyway....Im listening to WGR right now, and almost everyone is pretty pissed off at Danny. I turned on my radio a little later in the conversation, but i think they were saying that Danny was asked about it today, and he had 'no comment' :roll:

aaarrrggghhhh!!! danny makes me mad!