The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

"Pancakes" is indeed expected to play tomorrow, yes! (The best part is that he's not even that big on pancakes)

Lmao. And you would know!

But yay! Because I'm actually going to watch the game tomorrow! Max and Marty TOGETHER on the same ICE! Woo! (that's happened before, I know, but I seem to always miss the games that Marty plays..)

But yay, I'm wicked excited about the Habs game tonight :D

and in more slug news...

Patches (Nathan Paetsch) ...a defenseman, was used on the fourth line in practice today as a winger.... :shock:

So if im understanding this correctly...Patches will replace Peters on the fourth line (thank god!)...Goose will be moved back to playing center on the fourth line...and Paille will continue to replace Novotny on the thrid line... (I havent heard an update on Novo yet, so thats what Im assuming..)

And with Tallinder back, and Patches on wing, that means Teppo will still be in the line up... Which bothers me, because he's been playing like absoulte crap lately, and it looks like his age is catching up with him. I was hoping once Hank came back, we'll continue playing Patches, and sit Teppo for a few games to let him rest. But ooh well, i trust Lindy. :mrgreen:

Speaking of Bruins.. I saw a Massachusetts license plate on my way home.. only it wasn't just MA.. but it had a Bruins logo on it. I wonder I wonder what they could be here for!

And speaking of coming back home.. I missed the WHOLE retirement of Ken Drydens jersey. The whole thing. The game actually started around 9 so I missed the first half of the first period, and watched the second half. The Habs are done by one.

I can't believe I missed it.. Ken Dryden is like my hero... I can not believe it.

did not want to start a new thread and this is OT but at the end of the Boston/Rangers game, the Versus "analysts" actually said nice things about the Hurricanes...much respect shown. Pretty much indicated that the Canes will be a force in the East once every gets healthy.

just felt good to hear some love & respect for the boys.

did not want to start a new thread and this is OT but at the end of the Boston/Rangers game, the Versus "analysts" actually said nice things about the Hurricanes...much respect shown. Pretty much indicated that the Canes will be a force in the East once every gets healthy.

just felt good to hear some love & respect for the boys.

I saw that, now lets put em to the test.

Speaking of Bruins.. I saw a Massachusetts license plate on my way home.. only it wasn't just MA.. but it had a Bruins logo on it. I wonder I wonder what they could be here for!

And speaking of coming back home.. I missed the WHOLE retirement of Ken Drydens jersey. The whole thing. The game actually started around 9 so I missed the first half of the first period, and watched the second half. The Habs are done by one.

I can't believe I missed it.. Ken Dryden is like my hero... I can not believe it.

It was a nice ceremony. Of course I had no idea what they were saying in french, but he looked both pleased and touched.

It was a nice ceremony. Of course I had no idea what they were saying in french, but he looked both pleased and touched.

Aww you watched it.. I bet it was so fantastic.. I mean, it is Ken Dryden.. I feel so horrible for missing it, but of course I'm gonna look it up and try to find a video, if not buy one of this game. :D

Because right now Pleks just scored a short handed goal, and Sheldon Souray got another one on the PP. The Habs are BACK! ) 3-1 Habs at the start of the 3rd!

Yes, I'm sure it'll be online somewhere.

I just found out that apparantly CBC aired the ceremony (just the ceremony, not the game, they cut it off right after) boo. No one told me, people are supposed to tell me these things! haha

Aww you watched it.. I bet it was so fantastic.. I mean, it is Ken Dryden.. I feel so horrible for missing it, but of course I'm gonna look it up and try to find a video, if not buy one of this game. :D

Because right now Pleks just scored a short handed goal, and Sheldon Souray got another one on the PP. The Habs are BACK! ) 3-1 Habs at the start of the 3rd!

I'm watching now and your Habs look very good.

Rangers just completely owned the Bruins. Cullen was on fire, looks like he's gonna be a lot happier on the third line.

I'm watching now and your Habs look very good.

Rangers just completely owned the Bruins. Cullen was on fire, looks like he's gonna be a lot happier on the third line.

They do, they looked pretty bad the first period, but they stepped up a lot in the second and third now. The Senators figured out our powerplay though and completely took away our last advantage.

I just found out that apparantly CBC aired the ceremony (just the ceremony, not the game, they cut it off right after) boo. No one told me, people are supposed to tell me these things! haha

I thought CBC was only caught in Canada anyways?

And I am watching my game on Centre Ice.. and it just stopped playing.. there's still half a period left.. why isn't my game playing?!!? I don't pay 160$ to listen to my games on XM!

Catherine = NOT HAPPY (well, actually, a little, because my Habs are winning)

They do, they looked pretty bad the first period, but they stepped up a lot in the second and third now. The Senators figured out our powerplay though and completely took away our last advantage.

And I am watching my game on Centre Ice.. and it just stopped playing.. there's still half a period left.. why isn't my game playing?!!? I don't pay 160$ to listen to my games on XM!

Congrats Cath, they pulled it off for Ken Dryden and I can hear the Ole's. I'm also watching CI and I thnk there was a glitch with the feed for a little bit. Bad audio feed....

Congrats Cath, they pulled it off for Ken Dryden and I can hear the Ole's. I'm also watching CI and I thnk there was a glitch with the feed for a little bit. Bad audio feed....

Yes, the Ole's! I love it.

Beautiful.. and like the announcers are saying, I bet Ken Dryden is smiling right now =]

That certainly was a good game. I doubted Aebi for a second, but he did a fantastic job in net tonight, I'm happy for him. And still leading the league with 13 short-handed goals! :D

I was getting really worried, because Spezza undresses Souray at least once in every meeting. So I knew it was coming, I just wasn't expecting Aibesher to come through like that.

Abby was great tonight. How come the feed stays on long enough to see the three stars, watch the zambonis clean the ice AND you get a post game wrap up? Not fair!!!!

Oops, I guess they didn't realize they were still on the air.LOL

Abby was great tonight. How come the feed stays on long enough to see the three stars, watch the zambonis clean the ice AND you get a post game wrap up? Not fair!!!!

Oops, I guess they didn't realize they were still on the air.LOL

Yeah, it's a Canadian channel, but we get it in Buffalo too because we're right by the border and we're special. 8) lol so I get to watch HNIC without Center Ice, it's pretty wonderful.

Yeah, it's a Canadian channel, but we get it in Buffalo too because we're right by the border and we're special. 8) lol so I get to watch HNIC without Center Ice, it's pretty wonderful.

We must sound like such Canadians on that channel. When I was younger I used to deny our accent all the time. Then I payed close attention to HNIC one time and was like "Sh_t we DO have a thick accent"

We must sound like such Canadians on that channel. When I was younger I used to deny our accent all the time. Then I payed close attention to HNIC one time and was like "Sh_t we DO have a thick accent"

haha! Well, I've been watching CBC since forever (and we also get CTV) so it's not that big of a deal to me. I notice it of course, but I'm so used to it that it doesn't seem weird or anything. Plus, living here, you run into a lot of Canadians and I have a lot of Canadian professors, so it would probably be funnier to people in a place like Texas or something. haha The thing I notice more with the channels is the difference in the way things are handled. American sports coverage (including hockey) is so flashy and annoying and it really bothers me. CBC is so much nicer and laid back and they treat hockey as this precious thing, whereas in the US it's all "Oooh! Look at me! Loud noises! Listen to this cool rock music playing in the background! We're so edgy!" Maybe I'm just being sappy, haha, but when you see the contrast, you definitely feel that way. In the US it's all in your face and obnoxious and it just doesn't seem, I don't know, special? it's the same with the Olympics, my family always watches the Olympics on CBC, despite the fact that we're American. haha