The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

Yeah, it's a Canadian channel, but we get it in Buffalo too because we're right by the border and we're special. 8) lol so I get to watch HNIC without Center Ice, it's pretty wonderful.

We must sound like such Canadians on that channel. When I was younger I used to deny our accent all the time. Then I payed close attention to HNIC one time and was like "Sh_t we DO have a thick accent"

haha! Well, I've been watching CBC since forever (and we also get CTV) so it's not that big of a deal to me. I notice it of course, but I'm so used to it that it doesn't seem weird or anything. Plus, living here, you run into a lot of Canadians and I have a lot of Canadian professors, so it would probably be funnier to people in a place like Texas or something. haha The thing I notice more with the channels is the difference in the way things are handled. American sports coverage (including hockey) is so flashy and annoying and it really bothers me. CBC is so much nicer and laid back and they treat hockey as this precious thing, whereas in the US it's all "Oooh! Look at me! Loud noises! Listen to this cool rock music playing in the background! We're so edgy!" Maybe I'm just being sappy, haha, but when you see the contrast, you definitely feel that way. In the US it's all in your face and obnoxious and it just doesn't seem, I don't know, special? it's the same with the Olympics, my family always watches the Olympics on CBC, despite the fact that we're American. haha

I've never noticed the accents.. I hang around too many Canadians.

But it's cool you noticed something like that. I like CBC. They seem to prefer the other Canadian teams to Montreal though most of the time.. which is why I really like RDS better.. because they're so all over the Habs all the time hahaha and I need to hear that everyonce in a while :D

I'm going to miss another Habs game on Saturday which is really upsetting.. I'm going to go see the Bruins.. :x That's like crazy.. missing the Habs for the Bruins.. AHH. If it wasn't for Phil Kessel.. I'd so stay home. Haha.

A lot of games tonight:

7:00PM EST

Boston vs

Buffalo (Hmm.. who to cheer for.. ?)

Tampa Bay vs

Phildelphia

Toronto vs

Carolina

New Jersey vs

Atlanta

7:30PM EST

Washington vs

Ottawa

Detroit vs

NYI

Florida vs

Pittsburgh

8:00PM EST

Nashville vs

Colorado

Minnesota vs

St Louis

9:00PM EST

Los Angeles vs

Calgary

10:00PM EST

Columbus vs

Vancouver

10:30PM EST

Dallas vs

San Jose

///

Don Cherry is the only person i noticed on CBC that has a thick accent. Hes like, he biggest Canadian ever. haha But Im around too many Canadians too. Apparently i've picked up the Canadian accent when i say "about." hahah And I say "eh" all the time...Which is strange, because i speak with a "Canadian accent" and my dad is from Texas, so i sometimes have a "southern drawl" on some words...Imagine the strange looks I get when i say "ya'll" and "eh" in the same sentence...

hah, well...GO SABRES!!!

American sports coverage (including hockey) is so flashy and annoying and it really bothers me. CBC is so much nicer and laid back and they treat hockey as this precious thing, whereas in the US it's all "Oooh! Look at me! Loud noises! Listen to this cool rock music playing in the background! We're so edgy!"

You'd be referring to so transforming robotic hockey players they used to use on Fox. And lets not forget the Fox puck.

Don Cherry is the only person i noticed on CBC that has a thick accent. Hes like, he biggest Canadian ever. haha But Im around too many Canadians too. Apparently i've picked up the Canadian accent when i say "about." hahah And I say "eh" all the time...Which is strange, because i speak with a "Canadian accent" and my dad is from Texas, so i sometimes have a "southern drawl" on some words...Imagine the strange looks I get when i say "ya'll" and "eh" in the same sentence...

hah, well...GO SABRES!!!

Haha, that's funny. I've been living here six or seven years and I still can't say 'ya'll' :? I'd sound weird anyways, because I've got the Canadian accent in the first place.. 'eh' is my favourite word according to my friends haha, I don't even realize when I say it anymore.. and I swear a lot in French I noticed that the other day :shock:

Well anyways, I'm watching the Sabres game... and looks like Max got an assist on that first Sabres goal, yeeeeeees Max 8)

And.. question, for the Sabres fans- why doesn't 'Pancakes' wear his cool helmet he got painted in Europe? It was so pretty, and I've only seen him wear it once!

Pancakes doesnt wear his painted mask anymore because it doesnt fit right. I guess it moves around too much, and he cant see right out of it.

i actually like the white mask, but his painted one is sweet too

bironmask002mp5.jpg

bironmask001xd7.jpg

(Ooooo...pretty eyes) :D

Oh, and sabres own 7-1 :mrgreen:

Flames beat the L.A. Kings 4-1 with Craig Conroy scoring twice against his old team... GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK CONROY!!!! what a good game that was... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Marty's mask isn't too big, it's too small, actually. But yeah, it's still a fit issue, and I love seeing those pictures of him showing off his mask. haha

I was definitely at that game last night, it was amazing.

And I had pancakes for dinner....haha.

Ah, so that's why. Interesting. I really like his mask though. I think it's really pretty.

I watched the Sabres game last night, Max got three assists.. that's right.. haha, and 2nd star aswell. I'm very happy for him! :D

And looking at the LA/Calgary game.. Craig Conroy got two goals against the Kings last night =

Steph, maybe you should eat pancakes for dinner more often when Marty is supposed to be in net :P

Tonight

7:30PM EST

Toronto vs

NYR

10:00PM EST

Phoenix vs

Anaheim

Columbus vs

Edmonton

So who should we root for tonight?

Toronto or the Rangers? (Marcus, you don't get to vote) One has to win and one has to lose, which is the better choice to get to 56 points? Either way, they're getting awfully close.

So who should we root for tonight?

Toronto or the Rangers? (Marcus, you don't get to vote) One has to win and one has to lose, which is the better choice to get to 56 points? Either way, they're getting awfully close.

Poor A.Ward, off his skates on the PP. Toronto scores :cry:I don't think he's liking his new skates :x

Poor A.Ward, off his skates on the PP. Toronto scores :cry:I don't think he's liking his new skates :x