The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

I am at a loss for words. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in a long time. I have lost all respect for Colby Armstrong, and I am hating the Penguins like there is no tomorrow.

Ok.. nevermind the Crosby thing.

Did you watch what just happened?!

Colby Armstrong hits Saku Koivu into the boards like it's all a joke to him, Sheldon Souray comes out of nowhere and jumps on the guy (THANK YOU SOURAY!!) Souray gets a 5 minutes major for fighting, and another two minutes in the box and two 10 minute game misconducts. Oh yay, the Pens have 7 minutes of power play time. Including a 5-on-3 (I still don't know why Samsonov was sitting in the box) and Radek Bonk is in there for interference, they score two goals in that time span, and we dont have Souray the rest of the period.

Luckily for us, 7 minutes of penalty kill is only 2 goals (thank god) and we got a short-handed goal by Bonk, and he scored another one later in the period.

That was like the biggest mess ever. And Souray only comes back about 5 minutes in the third.

Sabres win 3-1

Druuuuuuuuury with 2 Pominville with the other

Danny Paille layed a really good hit on Chara :shock::D

Lydman was in a fight

Strange night tonight...

And Hoyle & Cath, whats going on with the Pens and Habs?

And Hoyle & Cath, whats going on with the Pens and Habs?

Just from those couple posts, I can sum up the game so far:

"CROSBY SMASH!"

"WAAAH REFS!"

And then, like every time the Penguins play, "LOL Crosby > Oveckin"

The Refs are paid. I could swear on it. It's like ridiculous..

The Habs force OT. Two beautiful goals to tie it up, one short handed. Yes, that's two short handed goals tonight.

And the Habs need the win. Because I want to laugh at the Pens and their dirty play, because it's GETTING THEM NOWHERE!!

The Refs are paid. I could swear on it. It's like ridiculous..

The Habs force OT. Two beautiful goals to tie it up, one short handed. Yes, that's two short handed goals tonight.

And the Habs need the win. Because I want to laugh at the Pens and their dirty play, because it's GETTING THEM NOWHERE!!

If the Pens are the dirty players, why is it the Habs with far more PIM?

I'm not very good with videos so you're going to have to look for it.

*sigh* Time for a shootout.

And I lied, Sheldon Souray didnt come back. He was ejected from the game.

EDIT: Habs lose. 5-4. Thanks to Malkin.

And, we have more PIM because Sheldon Souray ran his mouth, that's why. But I understand completely. Maybe I am blowing this all out of proportion because I'm a little bit angry.. but UGH. The Pens are a good team though.. minus the ugly hits.. the Habs are outstanding, and they did good without Souray there to help on the PP. And Saku Koivu got abused the whole game. That never makes a Habs fan happy.

Well, Cath...I saw the Souray/Armstrong fight...And if anything, its a cheap shot by Souray on Armstrong. Yeah, that hit Armstrong layed out wasnt pretty, but it was perfectally legal, and perfectally clean. Koivu got caught with his head down for just a split second, and Armstrong got him. I dont think Souray shouldve punched the crap outta Armstrong when hes flat on his back though.

But thats the only thing i saw from last nights game, so who knows, there probably were some cheapshots on the Habs.

Colby had done other crap in the past, I have to say he deserves it.

One of the Pens boarded Markov. That wasn't pretty. No call though, thanks Refs.

But the junk that happened at the beginning of the game between Lapierre and Crosby wasn't pretty either (but that has supposedly been going on for a while..)

Carbo was fuuuuming at the end of the game, it was funny to watch. I wish the Habs could have gotten away with the win, but they came close.

We'll show them tomorrow :twisted: because, you don't mess with the Montreal Canadiens.

Well, Cath...I saw the Souray/Armstrong fight...And if anything, its a cheap shot by Souray on Armstrong. Yeah, that hit Armstrong layed out wasnt pretty, but it was perfectally legal, and perfectally clean. Koivu got caught with his head down for just a split second, and Armstrong got him. I dont think Souray shouldve punched the crap outta Armstrong when hes flat on his back though.

But thats the only thing i saw from last nights game, so who knows, there probably were some cheapshots on the Habs.

Melissa, you had to have watched the whole game to understand why souray did what he did.

Lapierre had no business taking a cheap shot like that at Crosby. But since Pitt's GM is a moron, who thinks his team doesn't need any muscle, the penguins only way of retaliating was to take runs at star players on the other team. Kovalev, Koivu and Higgins were all being headhunted the entire game.

Not to mention, Colby Armstrong plays Right Wing. What the hell was he doing that far out of position? There was no reason for him to skate behind his own net as a forward just to take a heavy run at montreal's captain, unless there was some kind of message being sent. Colby's hit on Koivu was a message from one coach to the other. Therrien was telling Carbo that, if you cheap shot Crosby, I'll send players out to headhunt your top guys. Sounds like Toronto Maple Leaf hockey doesn't it?

I'm not saying that what Colby did was wrong, since there is nothing else the penguins can do if their GM refuses to get some muscle, but what Souray did wasn't necessarily wrong either. The only thing questionable is the way he responded. It could have easily turned into another Bertuzzi incident.

thmontreal200.gif...the habs played a great game last night, one of the best hockey games I've seen all year. Too bad they lost ina shootout. Abby was great, Bonk played a helluva game also. Souray is the man sticking up for Koivu ( there was an elbow). High five to Kovalev also....Markov had a bad game IMO.......hats off to the habs even though they lost, they never gave up and the fire is BACK

hopefully they can carry that fire....

because february is going to be a make or break month....If they can pull off back to back wins against the Sens next weekend, then I think they have what it takes to go to the semis, if not then it's going to be like last year.

hopefully they can carry that fire....

because february is going to be a make or break month....If they can pull off back to back wins against the Sens next weekend, then I think they have what it takes to go to the semis, if not then it's going to be like last year.

not sure if you watched the game Hoyle but it was great game. Agreed , they need to carry that for this month. They need to take to the sens, we will see....take care