The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

I dunno. The hit looked clean to me. It looks like there might have been an elbow in there, but the big hit comes from the shoulder, not the elbow.

you could be right. Kept watching it over and over...I get a little ticked with that stuff. Koivu has been thru enough, I'd hate to see him get injured again but that is the name of the game

hopefully they can carry that fire....

because february is going to be a make or break month....If they can pull off back to back wins against the Sens next weekend, then I think they have what it takes to go to the semis, if not then it's going to be like last year.

not sure if you watched the game Hoyle but it was great game. Agreed , they need to carry that for this month. They need to take to the sens, we will see....take care

I watched the game and I thought it was borderline goon hockey. The refs dropped the ball big time, both ways.

I dunno. The hit looked clean to me. It looks like there might have been an elbow in there, but the big hit comes from the shoulder, not the elbow.

I already said this earlier in the post, but the hit was most definitely clean from my point of view. The problem was the necessity of it. Colby is a Right Winger, he had no business being that far out of position behind his own net trying to lay out Koivu. The message was loud and clear....Therrien told Colby to take a serious run at Koivu. That's why Souray responded the way he did.

Alright folks, here goes:

Pens-Habs --> Best game of the season!

borderline goon is a ridiculous statement (no offense). It was great hockey: fast, edgy, with a whole lotta sandpaper.

That game is a huge positive for both teams. Colby's hit was hard and clean. A big hit is always a huge boost for a team. Souray's reaction was exactly what every hockey coach wants. People will say that the seven minute penalty killed us (and it did), but the long term positive completely outweighs the loss. This showed everyone on the team about what a team is all about. It showed the importance of sticking up for one another. It's too bad Souray wasn't on the ice when Mclaren hit Zednick in the playoffs instead of Patrice "softy" Brisebois.

There's nothing goon about it. It's like buying a house: if you want to get the biggest, nicest, most valuable one, you're going to have to pay for it. Colby went for Koivu, and Souray gave him the bill. Colby knew what he was getting into, and I commend him for his courage. Souray knew what he had to do, and I commend him for his action. If i was a pens fan, i'd only hope someone would stick up for crosby like souray did for koivu.

We need more hockey like this. Anyone who didn't like this game clearly doesn't get it. This was the first game i've seen this year that really had that playoff atmosphere (kudos to pens fans). Coming down the stretch, i hope to see more.

Haha.

Another Habs fan.

Wow. There aren't even Hurricanes/Habs matchups and the Habs fans are joining. We might as well make this the Canadiens fans other hang out.

I really do think it was a good game. The 7 minute PK was pretty outrageous, and if not for it we could easily have won.. but a good game nonetheless. The crazy hits weren't necessary though, we don't need Markov or Koivu getting hurt.

And the Habs play the Islanders today =] at 2

Scoreboard:

1:00 PM EST

Washington vs

Pittsburgh

2:00 PM EST

NYI vs

Montreal

3:00 PM EST

Edmonton vs

Colorado

4:00 PM EST

Chicago vs

San Jose

7:00 PM EST

Ottawa vs

Toronto

Phildelphia vs

Atlanta

7:30 PM EST

Buffalo vs

New Jersey

NYR vs

Tampa Bay

Los Angeles vs

Florida

8:00 PM EST

Dallas vs

St Louis

Anaheim vs

Nashville

8:30 PM EST

Boston vs

Carolina

9:00 PM EST

Minnesota vs

Phoenix

10:00 PM EST

Vancouver vs

Calgary

///

Are there just so many habs fans that there's not enough room for them on their own board? Not that I mind, I like a different perspective, it's just weird.

Sigh. We finally get a team that might give us some ground to catch up to Atlanta, and who do they draw? Philly :x

The only positive is we've swept Boston, while Philly's swept Atlanta.

That is what made the game great...playoff feel. It was hockey at it's best and yes Souray did the right thing....GO HABS!!!!

This board is starting to get that "playoff" feel to it and its great to get some new perspectives from opposing fans not here to troll.

*sigh* If only our own team could get on board and bring it up a notch....

That is what made the game great...playoff feel. It was hockey at it's best and yes Souray did the right thing....GO HABS!!!!

This board is starting to get that "playoff" feel to it and its great to get some new perspectives from opposing fans not here to troll.

*sigh* If only our own team could get on board and bring it up a notch....

Are there just so many habs fans that there's not enough room for them on their own board? Not that I mind, I like a different perspective, it's just weird.

There are so many fans on the Habs board sometimes your own opinion doesn't matter, so it's more fun to go on other teams board and talk with them (and you get different unbias opinions that way too)

But hey, I don't know where they came from.. I was here first :P

and I like the Hurricanes anyways, so I have every reason to be here :D

Ooo Habs game is interesting.

Those little words that were exchanged between Bouillon and Witt at the end of the period- the Islanders commentators said something like 'We have to remember Bouillon is the guy that knocked Darcy Tucker out earlier this season...' lmao. That made everything worth it :lol:

The Habs seriously need to stay out of the box.. it's getting pretty annoying.

Ooo Habs game is interesting.

Those little words that were exchanged between Bouillon and Witt at the end of the period- the Islanders commentators said something like 'We have to remember Bouillon is the guy that knocked Darcy Tucker out earlier this season...' lmao. That made everything worth it :lol:

The Habs seriously need to stay out of the box.. it's getting pretty annoying.

I agree but like most calls nowadays...some of them are ridiculous. Against the pens there was a call on the habs when all he did was go stick to stick to strip him of the puck...next thing ya know..refs arm is up

Yeah.. the stuff in the Pens game was ridiculous a lot of things weren't called, but this game has been pretty fair so far. I want the Islanders to take more penalties haha.. Sheldon Souray only had two chances to warm up. :P

Yeah.. the stuff in the Pens game was ridiculous a lot of things weren't called, but this game has been pretty fair so far. I want the Islanders to take more penalties haha.. Sheldon Souray only had two chances to warm up. :P

that guy has an incredible shot.....being a goalie I couldn't imagine standing there in the net and watching him wind up at me...I'd skate the hell outta there in a hurry

Whoo! Avs are up by one!

GO AVS GO!

Heh... not even one period in, Matt Greene has a 10-minute misconduct, a fighting major, and an instigator penalty...

whens the last time theodore played?