The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

no kiddy, if I was an NHL goalie, the last words I would want to hear is....

"You've been traded to New Jersey"

Well if you are the backup, there is a good chance you get a Cup ring with them so you may not find it that bad to be traded to NJ.

Good point.

Atlanta and Ottawa tied 2-2. Very chippy game from the start and Gerber was run over pretty bad in the first.

Go Ottawa!

Atlanta and Ottawa tied 2-2. Very chippy game from the start and Gerber was run over pretty bad in the first.

Go Ottawa!

I watch the Bruins just so I can laugh at them with their helmets backwards. That is officially my new favourite thing about hockey lmao. I absolutely love it, it's hysterical. I wish every team would do that :D

The game went to nine rounds in the shootout, I think (my counting could be off) and the Bruins won it with a goal by Tenkrat.

Do you think they will give the called up goalie a shot? and by the way do the devils even bother with a back up goalie and did he play this year....lol

The Devils have not won a game that Brodeur has not played in...they're 0-1-1. :lol:

I'd love to be the NJ backup goalie. I mean, come on, all you've got to do is sit on the bench and get paid half a million dollars to watch hockey from the best seat in the house.

alright....

Jochen Hecht got in a fight....like, an actual fight....Jochen, a German....fought! Holy hell, that was strange.

9+ round of shootouts is pretty boring...

and Im gonna start sacrificing animals or something!! EEGGHH!!! This is the 4th straight game, we lost someone!! Goose-Spacek-Juri-Max-AND NOW KOTALIK!!! Seriously, whats this these damn injuries???!

Darcy!!! DO SOMETHING!!

Forsberg and the Preds lose 4-1 to the Wild. He was -1 with a whopping 1 SOG, 1 give away and 1 hit.
Luckily he wasn't traded to the Hurricanes, or we'd already have a ten-page thread full of people demanding that he be sent to the minors. :roll:

Didn't doug weight have a hat trick or something his first game with us?

No. His first game was against NJ and I think we lost 3-0 or something like that. It took him to time to start putting up points, hence the idiots who started calling for him to be sent to the minors.

Forsberg and the Preds lose 4-1 to the Wild. He was -1 with a whopping 1 SOG, 1 give away and 1 hit.
Luckily he wasn't traded to the Hurricanes, or we'd already have a ten-page thread full of people demanding that he be sent to the minors. :roll:

wow, you guys are an impatient bunch...it's his first game with a new team and a new way of playing...man

Do you think they will give the called up goalie a shot? and by the way do the devils even bother with a back up goalie and did he play this year....lol

The Devils have not won a game that Brodeur has not played in...they're 0-1-1. :lol:

I'd love to be the NJ backup goalie. I mean, come on, all you've got to do is sit on the bench and get paid half a million dollars to watch hockey from the best seat in the house.

I don't know anyone who would want a cup ring without helping along the way to get there...I'd feel like crap being a back up for this team. Practiced and played all those years to get to the NHL and you sit during your prime playing years.....no thanks

Didn't doug weight have a hat trick or something his first game with us?

No. His first game was against NJ and I think we lost 3-0 or something like that. It took him to time to start putting up points, hence the idiots who started calling for him to be sent to the minors.

Bingo. And what did we do in the post season? Point made.

Melissa....I hear people in Buffalo are really angry right now. Apparently your owner has held a promise with Sabres fans that whenever they make the playoffs he gives all season ticket holders the opportunity to buy two tickets for every game as a thank you for their support.

Problem is the Sabres might be playing the Leafs in the first round and about 1/2 your season ticket holders are from southern ontario, which technically means they're Leaf fans. In other words, if the Leafs play the Sabres in the first round, more then half your arena could be filled with Leaf jerseys.

Now I hate the leafs, but I find that hilarious.

Melissa....I hear people in Buffalo are really angry right now. Apparently your owner has held a promise with Sabres fans that whenever they make the playoffs he gives all season ticket holders the opportunity to buy two tickets for every game as a thank you for their support.

Problem is the Sabres might be playing the Leafs in the first round and about 1/2 your season ticket holders are from southern ontario, which technically means they're Leaf fans. In other words, if the Leafs play the Sabres in the first round, more then half your arena could be filled with Leaf jerseys.

It would also be the height of irony. Geeze, Buffalo, what's the matter, no fans? There are more Leafs jerseys in there than Sabres ones! :lol:

No one here is angry....its not even being talked about.

Larry Quinn came out and said a looooooooooooong time ago that they probably wont be "giving out" extra tickets to STH's because there are simply not enough tickets.. They already had to cap the season tickets because they wanted to save 1 or 2 thousand for those who dont have season tickets and mini pack holders. If they do let the STH's to get extra tickets, it will only be one, and tickets wont be available for the general public.

And Id like to know how you know "half our season ticket holders are from Southren Ontario." Do we have alot of Canadian Sabres fans? Hell yes. But that simply doesnt mean they make up half of our season ticket base. And, the fans in Southern Ontario who are Buffalo Sabres season ticket holders, are NOT technically Laffs fans....They are Sabres fans.

And, most, of not all of the Laffs fans that you see at our home games bought their tickets from our season ticket holders. Some STH's sell their tickets to Laffs games because they will be able to pay off the entire expence of their season tickets.

Also, if youve been to a Sabres/Laff game this season, you would see that "more than half the arena" are not laffs fans. There are still more Laffs there than i'd like, but more than half the arena are Sabres fans. The Laffs fans are in the lower bowl, close to the ice...everwhere else, Sabres Fans.

So, if our STH's dont sell their tickets to Laffs fans if we play them in the playoffs, there will be a whole hell of a lot less Laffs fans. Dont get me wrong, they'll still be there, but where you get this "more than half" crap, is beyond me.

It doesnt matter anyways....the Make MeLaffs will choke, and not make the playoffs.

And Gip, I would also like to point out some irony... Geeze Carolina, whats the matter, no fans? There are more Sabres jerseys in there than Hurricane ones. :wink:

I honestly don't think that half of our season ticket holders NOW are from Ontario. Maybe before, but not this year, season ticket sales sky-rocketed last year and they capped it at around 14,000 I think. I don't think that half of our current season ticketholders are Leafs fans due to the immense popularity of the Sabres in the area. I think that most Leafs fans that show up now are mostly people who bought tickets back when there were still individual tickets on sale, or from other ticket resale places, OR -and this really really makes me angry- Sabres fans with season tickets or a package who sold their tickets for Leafs games to Leafs fans because they know that they'll pay rediculous amounts of money for those seats and they can make up a lot of the money that they spent. It's definitely an easy way to make money, but I'm so against it by principle that it infuriates me.

I do think that there will be a lot of Leafs fans in attendance if we do play them though, because Leafs fans always manage to get into everything everywhere, but I strongly believe that they do not make up half of our season ticket holders, at least not currently. Are there Leafs fans who go to Sabres games? Of course there are, I see a random person with a Leafs hat/shirt/whatever almost every time I go to a game (non leafs games). But...just because you are from Ontario doesn't automatically mean that you are a Leafs fan first and a Sabres fan second, there are people from Southern Ontario who just like the Sabres and don't like the Leafs...