The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

hahah exactly whalers... i personally find it very comical. How would Hoyle, who lives in Hamilton, and who is a Habs fan, know exactly who will be in the Sabres arena in more than 8 weeks from now?

Please Hoyle, let me look into that crystal ball you have. :wink:

Whoa, just got a glimpse of the Hecht/Ference fight. DBoone, looks like your boy Hecht got away with a cheap shot but got his in the end. What's the rule with the visor and fighting?

Whoa, just got a glimpse of the Hecht/Ference fight. DBoone, looks like your boy Hecht got away with a cheap shot but got his in the end. What's the rule with the visor and fighting?

* melissa I heard sabre fans complaining about it on your local sports radio station. Caller after caller after caller....even the radio DJ said "listen the owner made a promise" and sabre fans were still complaining "It's not fair", "I don't want to see a million leaf jerseys in my arena".

* I think Dofasco, which is a Hamilton steel company, owns roughly around 100 season tickets for the Sabres. That's just a company. I'm also aware that ticket sales sky rocketed in Buffalo this year.....but you're assuming that rise in sales was simply by Buffalo residents. There's two ways of looking at this....Either

A) Sabre fans in the city of Buffalo are banwagon hoppers, who suddenly found interest in the team when they're a cup contender.

OR

B) Sabre ticket sales increased both inside Buffalo as well as outside of Buffalo too. Sure more people in Buffalo are STH now, but there are also more people in Southern Ontario who are STH as well.

* You're right, percentage wise Southern Ontario STH make up less then they once did, But I'm not far off when i say 1/2 are still from Southern Ontario. We used to make up over 60% of your ticket sales. Which is the prime reason why the Sabres old ownership insistent that Hamilton never gets a team. I know plenty of friends who go to Sabres games and cheer for the Sabres, but they are pure leaf fans and when push comes to shove they will dawn the blue and white....TRUST ME!!

* Tell me when the Leafs play the Sabres......where are all the fans wearing Leaf jerseys? Are they all cluttered in the upper bowl? Or are just as many in the lower bowl as in the upper bowl. That's usually a easy marker in telling you how many leaf fans are STH.

hoyle...Please. You dont go to Sabres games, you dont know exactly who is there, and you dont know every single season ticket holder...So please, stop with this nonsence...The playoffs are 8 weeks away, what makes you think the standings wont change, and we dont play the Laffs?

Whats it to you anyways? Why do you care so much about how many Leafs/Canadians are at the game as compaired to Sabres/Americans? Its not that big of a deal.

Kings win in a shootout....always good to see Burke win!!!

Actually that was a pretty good game. I'm happy for Burke too.

The Mon/Blue Jackets game was a good one too. I really thought the Jackets were gonna tie it up. Oh well, I guess Montreal had to win a game sometime. Kudos to the rookie goalie, he had a good game.

Kings win in a shootout....always good to see Burke win!!!

Actually that was a pretty good game. I'm happy for Burke too.

The Mon/Blue Jackets game was a good one too. I really thought the Jackets were gonna tie it up. Oh well, I guess Montreal had to win a game sometime. Kudos to the rookie goalie, he had a good game.

You never answered my question....

How many leaf jerseys are sitting in the lower bowl at Leaf/Sabres games?

I just felt like sharing something I heard on the radio. If I would have know you'd get all emotional about Leaf jerseys in your arena I would have never brought this up.

Is anyone else amused by the fact that a Habs fan and a Sabre's fan are arguing with each other on a Canes message board? Two letters.."PM"

Now, back to the thread....

Can someone please tell me the rules pertaining to visors in an NHL fight, like the one last night between Ference and Hecht?

Is anyone else amused by the fact that a Habs fan and a Sabre's fan are arguing with each other on a Canes message board? Two letters.."PM"

Can someone please tell me the rules pertaining to visors in an NHL fight, like the one last night between Ference and Hecht?

considering this is a thread dedicated to out of town teams and games....

No

*players who fight with visors are expected to take their helmet off before they lock fists, out of respect. If you don't you're considered a coward.

considering this is a thread dedicated to out of town teams and games....

No

Yes, but you two are doing neither. You're discussing (and I use that term loosely) the fanbase of the teams.

If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield, he shall be assessed an additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty.

(NOTE 4) Should the player who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty shall not apply.

http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule56.html

you could say the same thing about questions over visors.

Actually, the visor question was relevant to an NHL fight during a game last night between two teams, neither of which were the Canes. Hence, it was asked in the thread appropriately named "around the NHL".

Aw Hoyle, just read your sig... are girls accusing you of lying?

And thank you Melissa for answering my question.

you could say the same thing about questions over visors.

Actually, the visor question was relevant to an NHL fight during a game last night between two teams, neither of which were the Canes. Hence, it was asked in the thread appropriately named "around the NHL".

Aw Hoyle, just read your sig... are girls accusing you of lying?

And thank you Melissa for answering my question.

I'm dumbfounded they didn't use frolov but visnovsky's move was sweet, hope this vid shows up on youtube soon. I love this guy, he's like a forward/dman hybrid who puts up crazy numbers on a bad team and has great moves, vision, stickhandling, pokechecking, U name it. I'd love to see him in a canes uni, no more pp woes for us. Be like having tomas kaberle except he'd actually have more good people to pass to!

Funny, Hoyle's statements about Leafs fans in attendance at the HSBC are eerily similar to the ones that we heard & sometimes still hear from trolling Sabers fans about our house. After seeing that little exchange, I don't want to see anymore craptalk from anyone's fans of who's in OUR building, esp. come playoffs in any given year.

What I want to know is this: why do players throw their gloves off when they fight, instead of leaving them on? Isn't there a higher injury factour tothe hands, wrists & head when they throw them (& the helmets) off, even if it's to themselves? I'm just askin' 'cause that's never made much sense to me, esp. if players want to continue to stay "healthy" so they can play longer. Anyone know?

I'm dumbfounded they didn't use frolov but visnovsky's move was sweet, hope this vid shows up on youtube soon. I love this guy, he's like a forward/dman hybrid who puts up crazy numbers on a bad team and has great moves, vision, stickhandling, pokechecking, U name it. I'd love to see him in a canes uni, no more pp woes for us. Be like having tomas kaberle except he'd actually have more good people to pass to!

We do have a history of dealing with the kings and I still feel like they kind of owe us one. J/K

We do have a history of dealing with the kings and I still feel like they kind of owe us one. J/K

What I want to know is this: why do players throw their gloves off when they fight, instead of leaving them on? Isn't there a higher injury factour tothe hands, wrists & head when they throw them (& the helmets) off, even if it's to themselves? I'm just askin' 'cause that's never made much sense to me, esp. if players want to continue to stay "healthy" so they can play longer. Anyone know?

Those gloves are actually MORE likely to cause injury because of the materials they are made out of than a fist is.

Seriously they do owe us one huge. Wonder if GM's keep track of that sort of thng. Vis for hutch and a firs rounder would be higway roberry especially if he's under contract for a few more years. LA is a bit crowded at d and atcually looking at picking up souray from montreal!