The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

I'm dumbfounded they didn't use frolov but visnovsky's move was sweet, hope this vid shows up on youtube soon. I love this guy, he's like a forward/dman hybrid who puts up crazy numbers on a bad team and has great moves, vision, stickhandling, pokechecking, U name it. I'd love to see him in a canes uni, no more pp woes for us. Be like having tomas kaberle except he'd actually have more good people to pass to!

We do have a history of dealing with the kings and I still feel like they kind of owe us one. J/K

Seriously they do owe us one huge. Wonder if GM's keep track of that sort of thng. Vis for hutch and a firs rounder would be higway roberry especially if he's under contract for a few more years. LA is a bit crowded at d and atcually looking at picking up souray from montreal!

I like this but I'm nervous about giving anymore 1st rounders away.

On the Kings board, they seem to think Frolov wasn't put in for two reasons.

1) his moves are old news and goalies have figured him out

2) they put other guys in to see what they could do.

I think at this point, the Kings are only competing for a good draft pick.

I'm dumbfounded they didn't use frolov but visnovsky's move was sweet, hope this vid shows up on youtube soon. I love this guy, he's like a forward/dman hybrid who puts up crazy numbers on a bad team and has great moves, vision, stickhandling, pokechecking, U name it. I'd love to see him in a canes uni, no more pp woes for us. Be like having tomas kaberle except he'd actually have more good people to pass to!

We do have a history of dealing with the kings and I still feel like they kind of owe us one. J/K

Seriously they do owe us one huge. Wonder if GM's keep track of that sort of thng. Vis for hutch and a firs rounder would be higway roberry especially if he's under contract for a few more years. LA is a bit crowded at d and atcually looking at picking up souray from montreal!

I like this but I'm nervous about giving anymore 1st rounders away.

On the Kings board, they seem to think Frolov wasn't put in for two reasons.

1) his moves are old news and goalies have figured him out

2) they put other guys in to see what they could do.

I think at this point, the Kings are only competing for a good draft pick.

And draft picks aren't things we need to be giving more of away. Do we even have first-round picks anymore??????

I'm sure we do but there's a big difference between a high 1st and a #30 first rounder. Not sure what we have.

And draft picks aren't things we need to be giving more of away. Do we even have first-round picks anymore??????

I'm sure we do but there's a big difference between a high 1st and a #30 first rounder. Not sure what we have.

Does anyone know why the Ducks have started wearing their white jerseys at home? They did it again at the game vs the Kings last night. It's been haunting me. I can't sleep at night. I MUST KNOW! :x

Watching that game last night, the Ducks announcers just said something about it being a "sweater switch night" or something like that. In other words I think they just did it because they felt like it. I preferred white at home better anyway, so I wish more teams would do it.

Pens and Isles are tied 5-5 with 4 minutes to go. All I hope is that it ends in regulation.

Pens and Isles are tied 5-5 with 4 minutes to go. All I hope is that it ends in regulation.

Fleury lets one in with 30 seconds left

and semi-soft one at that. 'Bout time the Pens finally lose one.

Fleury lets one in with 30 seconds left

No! Sad times....

Well the jj trade would have been fine if they'd have traded gleason and frolov/1st rounder or just visnovsky for JJ but I guess we just didn't have leverage. I just thought we had more leverage than that! :shock:

Why is the habs thread closed? The joking around?

Well the jj trade would have been fine if they'd have traded gleason and frolov/1st rounder or just visnovsky for JJ but I guess we just didn't have leverage. I just thought we had more leverage than that! :shock:

Why is the habs thread closed? The joking around?

I was wondering the same thing. That was really some light hearted joking around.

Must have been something I said, I dunno.

Didn't want to start a thread about this, but what does pitts lines look like? They have crosby with recchi and malkin with staal right? I think this is a good combo but I'd still like to see more of crosby and malkin on the same line, maybe with recchi and have jordan center the second line.

Pitts better win the cup in the next couple years, because they're not going to be able to afford that team once those players are no longer restricted to min salaries.

They can't win it too soon. The Cup is pretty much the only thing that Eric has to hold over Jordan's head.

I don't understand how that is so? Unless there is a rule about the cap and winning a cup that I don't understand. A rookie player for his first 2 season can only get paid under a million I think.

All I'm saying is Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury will all be worth 5-7 mill in a couple years.

Not to mention Gonchar already has 5 mill tied up for the next 3 years.

I think gonchar will either retire or be too old to draw a big contract in 3 years.

They'll be able to sign 3 of 4. I think they'll trade one of them and I hope it's jordan staal to us. Of course I'd take the other two but they would cost us more. And having 2 staals would be the greatest.