The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

well, sucks too lose. But it was one hell of an effort by the Saberks. (yes. Saberks. About half our rosters right now are call ups from the Rochester Amerks...So, they are the Saberks.) :mrgreen:

We were down 4-1 in the second, and i was thinking, 'Oh crap. We're gonna get blown out' but we were about to tie it up 5-5. We had TONS of chances, missed empty nets, Vanek missed a Penalty Shot. But with about 3mins left, we got penalized, and the Sens scored on a strange bounce about 3 seconds into the penalty.

So that sucked. But it was a gutsy (is that a word?) effort by the Saberks. We shouldve been blown out by the Sens, but we almost squeeked away with this one.

But im sure as hell glad this is the last time we will see the Sens. (well, at least for the regular season.)

I wish they would repeal that rule about not allowing Buffalo to trade for players. It handicapped them last year, because I'm sure they would have loved to add some help on defense before the trade deadline. (Well, the deadline for other teams, anyway.) And this year, as more injuries hit heading into the playoffs, once again the league is just as steadfastly forbidding the Sabres from picking anyone up. There's nothing left to do but beg for pity because of the number of AHLers forced to be on the roster.

It just isn't fair.

I wish they would repeal that rule about not allowing Buffalo to trade for players. It handicapped them last year, because I'm sure they would have loved to add some help on defense before the trade deadline. (Well, the deadline for other teams, anyway.) And this year, as more injuries hit heading into the playoffs, once again the league is just as steadfastly forbidding the Sabres from picking anyone up. There's nothing left to do but beg for pity because of the number of AHLers forced to be on the roster.

It just isn't fair.

It's funny, though.

*edit*? No ones posted games for 2 days..?? 8) heh.

Well, right before the game @ the Laffs tonight, Briere had to go back to the hotel because he was having flu symptoms. So...we were without him tonight, and i was like "Oh God...please dont let us get blown up by the Laffs..!" But we won 6-1

Heheh. Nutten like a good ol' fashion butt-whopping on the Make MeLaffs

We need the Slugs to win tonight. Everyone officially gets a free pass to cheer for the Slugs tonight. Tomorrow, we resume cheering on every other team they play.

While we're at it, Go New Jersey and Ottawa too!

We need the Slugs to win tonight. Everyone officially gets a free pass to cheer for the Slugs tonight. Tomorrow, we resume cheering on every other team they play.

While we're at it, Go New Jersey and Ottawa too!

Zubrus looked good at the skate today, I'm excited to see what he can do in the game tonight.

Practice was pretty eventful today...

Ron MacLean was there and I got to talk to him, it was pretty awesome. I got a crazy picture with him. lol

At one point, right as I turned my head in the direction of the visitors' tunnel, Guy Carbonneau leaped out of the tunnel and sprinted up the stairs to the top of the section and sat down. For some reason it really amused me and I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me of something from a movie. lol

hahah, i saw that pic of you and Ron, dboon. Hes wicked awesome. Which game is on HNIC, tonight or tomorrow? Probably tomorrow, since its "Hockey Night...When Ever Toronto Plays" :mrgreen:

Im excited to see Zoobs play (man, he hasnt even played a sift as a Sabre, and we already got nicknames for him. lol)

Get ready to lose your little wager, Hoyle. :twisted: muahahaha

I really want montreal to make the playoffs because I think Carbonneau has the makings of a smart coach, he just needs to learn how to broaden his strategies.

Problem is Montreal's fan base is fickle, if they don't get what they want they demand a coup d'etat. Which is really unfortunate when you think about it. Montreal gave the same treatment to their last two coaches (Therrien and Julien) and now look at both of them.

One is coaching a successful season in NJ and the other has the Penguins in a pretty comfortable playoff spot, when pittsburgh wasn't even expected to see the post season this year.

Zubrus looked good at the skate today, I'm excited to see what he can do in the game tonight.

Practice was pretty eventful today...

Ron MacLean was there and I got to talk to him, it was pretty awesome. I got a crazy picture with him. lol

At one point, right as I turned my head in the direction of the visitors' tunnel, Guy Carbonneau leaped out of the tunnel and sprinted up the stairs to the top of the section and sat down. For some reason it really amused me and I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me of something from a movie. lol

Haha, hey! I wanna see picture!

I saw Carbo once. He was just walking though. And I saw him once while he was standing behind a bench coaching.. actually twice, I have seen that.

And goodness, you guys really miss Marty! ME TOO! I was like freaking out. I watched him play with Philly the other night.. with his blue and yellow pads haha. And white helmet.