The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

I remember this one guy, I wanna say Osgood but I'm not sure, got dealt from Detroit to the Islanders, and he had to play with his red pads for something like 3 months because the gear manufacturer twice screwed up his order. It was ridiculous.

aahhh...victory. :lol:

Im just playin Hoyle. Interesting game, huh? Geez...it nearly gave me a heart attack.

the only thing i has a problem with was Souray's slash on Vanek when he was going to the empty net. It was a hard enough to break his wrist... But, TV will probably be fine.

Oh and Hoyle...THAT IS A GREAT PIC! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha, hey! I wanna see picture!

I saw Carbo once. He was just walking though. And I saw him once while he was standing behind a bench coaching.. actually twice, I have seen that.

And goodness, you guys really miss Marty! ME TOO! I was like freaking out. I watched him play with Philly the other night.. with his blue and yellow pads haha. And white helmet.

haha! Here it is:

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile2/18...15331_26826.jpg

he was so nice, he really is everything that you expect him to be. lol

It was so sad not seeing Marty at practice today. :( He was a mess of different equipment last night. To add to his blue and gold pads, he was also wearing...old Sabres pants!

MACK10103020056.jpg

Check out the wordmark on his right thigh, those are definitely pants from the black and red Sabre days. Marty is a Sabre for life! haha

the only thing i has a problem with was Souray's slash on Vanek when he was going to the empty net. It was a hard enough to break his wrist... But, TV will probably be fine.

I had a question about that play. Were you at the game or did you see it on TV? I got back from the Canes game in time to catch the MSG feed on Center Ice and saw it real time and on replay.

It looked like Souray hit him 3 times, once on the left side and twice on the right but none of them really that crossed the line. Your announcers made a big deal about it though and called it a slash to his wrist but from the angle I had on the first one, it looked like it was on his hip.

I'm just curious but was happy to see Buffalo take that one. Did I just write that? :roll:

Sabres beat the Laffs 3-1....Why cant Miller get a shut out????? There was like 3 mins left, and Miller lets in a semi-softy.. :x Oh well, no biggie i guess.

quince: I dont really get the pancakes thing either. I think WGR just started it with their Mic'd up skits, just kinda poking fun at Marty and having him say really random things. So now, when ever I think about Marty, I think pancakes. Isnt the thing on face book called the "I wanna eat pancakes with Marty Biron Fan Club"? heheh. awesome. :lol:

stormrider: I watch the Habs game on tv. Jim Lorentz was saying that the slash was "suspension worthy" but i think thats kinda taking it too far. It was definitely a slash penalty that wasnt called, but thats it. The only thing I didnt like was the third time Souray hit Vanek. It was hard enough to break potentially break his wrist, but I think Vanek moved his hand just enough so it wouldnt. But it certainly wasnt "suspension worthy"

And GO SABRES! :mrgreen:

Alright, I'll explain the pancake thing.

The facebook group is called "I wanna eat pancakes with Marty Biron" and I am actually the one who started it. 8)

I don't even know how the pancakes thing started either, to be honest. lol WGR started it...the very first Marty mic'ed up skit that they made had him talking about his favorite kinds of pancakes and toppings, and then it became this continuous thing in which he mentioned pancakes in a lot of the other ones they made. I was bored one day and decided to make a facebook group about eating pancakes with Marty. I put all the WGR links in it, as well as some Marty youtube clips and interesting notes. I didn't think it would really go anywhere, I thought it would just be me and like 10 friends fooling around. Suddenly there are all these people in it - people I don't know and people I didn't invite. Back in November, I got an e-mail from a guy from a local news channel who was doing a little fun news story about online Sabres fanclubs and he wanted to interview me. So I did the interview and he also talked to Marty about it, and Marty told him that he doesn't know where it came from because he's "not even much of a breakfast person." lol So the next day, I decided to talk to Marty about it after a practice. I gave him a drawing to sign, and while he was signing it, I told him that I was the person who made the pancake thing and he just turned and looked at me with this big gin on his face and said, "DID YOU REALLY?!?!!!! THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!!" and started laughing. Then he went on and on like only Marty can, and asked me a bunch of questions about it. He was so interested in it, it was fantastic. haha It was funny, he was signing things for other people, but just kept talking to me, I felt so special. haha Now that he's gone, I'm really glad I was able to muster up the courage to talk to him about it when I did.

Right now there are 446 people in it, it's insane.

What a cool story! and I am SO glad to finally get the pancake thing explained! I have wondered about this far too long.. and to think the original Mr Pancake is one of our own! (well, ok, your heart belongs to another team, too, but hey - we're one big hockey family, blah blah, right?)

Thanks so much for sharing, and how great for you that you screwed up the courage to tell Marty - and that he gave you his undivided attention over it. One of those moments for the mental scrapbook of life - lucky you!

stormrider: I watch the Habs game on tv. Jim Lorentz was saying that the slash was "suspension worthy" but i think thats kinda taking it too far. It was definitely a slash penalty that wasnt called, but thats it. The only thing I didnt like was the third time Souray hit Vanek. It was hard enough to break potentially break his wrist, but I think Vanek moved his hand just enough so it wouldnt. But it certainly wasnt "suspension worthy"

No offense melissa but Sabre fans are beginning to sound like the odd uneducated Leaf or Hab fans who thinks EVERY call is supposed to go their way.

^^ noooooooooooo but when they're player gets slashed purposely(souray obviously wasnt trying AT ALL to play the puck) with an empty netter you would hope that player gets punished no matter what team he's on :P

Oh - and thank you for posting the pic of Marty and his thrift shop collection of goalie gear - priceless! Ahh, the vagaries, trials, and tribulations of trading season!

You are a trouper, Marty! Best of luck to you, and may your new equipment arrive sooner rather than later, fella!

So I'm watching the Phildelphia vs Pittsburgh game. And they mic'd up Marty. He was talking to Sidney Crosby saying "I'm not lying, I'm not lying, I'm not a liar" talking about how whether the puck hit him or the crossbar. And he had a conversation with the ref. He's pretty entertaining.

And the Flyers played a good first period =] I'm hoping they win it.

Phila lost 4-3in a shootout. Guess who scored the game winning goal- Crosby.He did nothing the whole game and was the last to go in the shootout.I hate watching games on NBC. All they talked about was the trades Pittsburgh made at the deadline, like Philly did nothing. Good game though. Marty did good, except we can never get a goalie that stops anything in shootouts.

Marty, talking to Crosby.

I guess Crosby's shot hit the xbar, but he didn't think it did. Marty told him it did, and added, "I don't lie, I don't whine."

thought that was pretty funny, and appropriate, given who he (Marty) was talking to...

Marty was mic'd up for the game. That was the only time they listened to him. Some quotes from a Flyers forum:

hahah the thing is, what he said was true but he said it in a jokingly way that Crosby could share a laugh or two; but seriously, Biron knew he was mic'd up and said something that fans can laugh at. Funny stuff!

yeah, exactly. It was kind of a joke, with enough truth in it for the audience to appreciate - or hate, if you're a Cindy fan...

The more I hear/see Marty..the more I like him...Cindy deserves comments like that.

Aaron Ward just got his first goal as a Bruin, and the puck. Very nice goal and he's paired with Chara :shock:.

I'm thinking we need the Bruins to lose tonight cause we can't rely on the teams above us to lose. We need the ones behind us, to stay behind us too. (anyone get that?)

Edit: Bruins beat NJ and are now only 4 points back from us with 3 games in hand :shock:.