The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StanleyCupChamps

SCC and Catherine's NHL Out of Town Scoreboard

Here's what i'm going for tonight:

Bruins/Wild: Go Wild

Panthers/Flyers: Flyers, just don't want Florida getting any more hope that they can actually sneak into the playoffs.

Habs/Thrashers: I'm done chasing the division, I just want to get in, so with that said, Go Trahsers.

Leafs/Sens: Go Sens

Rags/Islanders: see Habs/Thrashers, so go Islanders.

Devils/Pens: don't care, but wouldn't mind seeing Devils end up 1st in the conference, so Go Devils.

Rest of the games are out West and I don't care what happens.

Here's what i'm going for tonight:

Bruins/Wild: Go Wild

Panthers/Flyers: Flyers, just don't want Florida getting any more hope that they can actually sneak into the playoffs.

Habs/Thrashers: I'm done chasing the division, I just want to get in, so with that said, Go Trashers.

Leafs/Sens: Go Sens

Rags/Islanders: see Habs/Thrashers, so go Islanders.

Devils/Pens: don't care, but wouldn't mind seeing Devils end up 1st in the conference (only so the slugs move to 2nd), so Go Devils.

Rest of the games are out West and I don't care what happens.

melissa, on offense, but the Sabres are going to lose either Briere or Drury on the off-season.

No kidding. Briere--Out Dru--Stayin put

I flip flop EVERYDAY which one should stay. Drury's clutch, Briere's is one of the best visionary players in the league blah blah. Flyers want Drury, I've heard the Canadians want Briere. If we lose both, and after losing Mcgahee today the way we did, I might as well invest in Just for Men hair coloring becuase by the time I'm 30 all my hair will be gray.

Interesting night for hockey...very intense and chippy games tonight.

Bruins/Wild Wild wins, no suprise here.

Habs/Thrashers I really rooted for your boys WTP but like I said earlier, Huet is surely missed. Thrashers looked strong and confident and they're starting to remind me a little of the Canes last year. All their new guys are finding where they fit in slowly and Thachuk even fought tonight though I don't know the circumstances.

Leafs/Sens Didn't watch this one but looks like Sens dominated the whole game. Phew....good news for us! Leafs are one team we can't afford to have win right now(sorry Marcus :wink:).

Rangers/Isles One word...UGLY. Desperation on both ends led to a very chippy game. Rangers won the game due to Chris Simon taking batting practice on Ryan Hollaweg's face. A questionable goal by the Isles was called off with 24 seconds left on the clock(looked good to me) and the Rangers won on the power play for Simon's major penalty.

Devils/Pens Devils win in a shoot out and are just 3 points back from the Slugs! Got to hand it to the Pens though, every time I thought they were done they'd come back. All this while the media frenzy surrounds them, I don't know how they're staying so focused. Congrats to Marty as he gets his 40th win this season.

Well, we weathered the storm tonight and now its up to our boys get some wins and secure a playoff spot. We really need some wins cause this score board watching is killing me.

If I'm right, we shoud move back into the 8th seed now cause the Leafs and the Canes have each now played 68 games, but we have one more win than them. :D

Edit: We're still in 9th cause the Rangers have a game at hand on us :evil:

Interesting night for hockey...very intense and chippy games tonight.

Bruins/Wild Wild wins, no suprise here.

Habs/Thrashers I really rooted for your boys WTP but like I said earlier, Huet is surely missed. Thrashers looked strong and confident and they're starting to remind me a little of the Canes last year. All their new guys are finding where they fit in slowly and Thachuk even fought tonight though I don't know the circumstances.

Leafs/Sens Didn't watch this one but looks like Sens dominated the whole game. Phew....good news for us! Leafs are one team we can't afford to have win right now(sorry Marcus :wink:).

Rangers/Isles One word...UGLY. Desperation on both ends led to a very chippy game. Rangers won the game due to Chris Simon taking batting practice on Ryan Hollaweg's face. A questionable goal by the Isles was called off with 24 seconds left on the clock(looked good to me) and the Rangers won on the power play for Simon's major penalty.

Devils/Pens Devils win in a shoot out and are just 3 points back from the Slugs! Got to hand it to the Pens though, every time I thought they were done they'd come back. All this while the media frenzy surrounds them, I don't know how they're staying so focused. Congrats to Marty as he gets his 40th win this season.

Well, we weathered the storm tonight and now its up to our boys get some wins and secure a playoff spot. We really need some wins cause this score board watching is killing me.

If I'm right, we shoud move back into the 8th seed now cause the Leafs and the Canes have each now played 68 games, but we have one more win than them. :D

Edit: We're still in 9th cause the Rangers have a game at hand on us :evil:

melissa, on offense, but the Sabres are going to lose either Briere or Drury on the off-season.

No kidding. Briere--Out Dru--Stayin put

I flip flop EVERYDAY which one should stay. Drury's clutch, Briere's is one of the best visionary players in the league blah blah. Flyers want Drury, I've heard the Canadians want Briere. If we lose both, and after losing Mcgahee today the way we did, I might as well invest in Just for Men hair coloring becuase by the time I'm 30 all my hair will be gray.

I seriously just hate thinking about it, it makes my head hurt.

I like Briere, a lot...he's tremendous...but Drury's my guy. I think I will be able to deal with Briere leaving, as much as I love him, as long as I know that we still have Drury. If Dru goes, I will seriously just have a nervous breakdown or something....haha...(that's a nervous laugh)

If it was my choice and could only retain one, it would be Drury hands down. You can't teach leadership or having a knack for coming up big in the clutch. If you agree that you lead by example, I think Briere comes up way short when compared to Drury.

McGahee's departure is addition by subtraction. He has a bad attitude and is lacking in character.

Montreal doesn't want Briere....

The Montreal Gazette wants Briere, there's a difference.

The Gazette wants every French player on the trading or UFA block.

If Tampa Bay has an early exit, it won't be long before you start reading about Lecavalier or St. Louis coming to Montreal.

If Tampa Bay has an early exit, it won't be long before you start reading about Lecavalier or St. Louis coming to Montreal.

Agreed.....

Lecavelier has has been rumoured to be coming to Montreal more then any other player in the NHL. As soon as Tampa loses 2 in a row the rumours start. I love the Habs and I love the french Canadian culture (despite not being french), but sometimes they go a bit over the top with their lust for French hockey players.

The really sad part is, that the past 10-15 years, no french player has excelled in Montreal. It's almost like a curse or jinx.

Just ask Pierre Turgeon.

VINNY!

I'd kill to have Vinny on the Habs.

Anyways..

I'm sick..again.. and I missed another game.. I fell asleep about halfway through the first (at least, that's what I remember?) So I saw two Thrashers goals go in..

I was looking through pictures this morning..

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages...02_1024x768.jpg hahaha. That guy is awesome. How many goaltenders do that eh? :P

But yeah.. the Habs lost another one.. I almost died this morning when my father told me they went down to 11th in the standings =[ booo

I'm glad the Sens beat the Leafs though.. that made me happy.. but the Habs needed that win.

But, we still have a chance! They can make it work! :D

If it was my choice and could only retain one, it would be Drury hands down. You can't teach leadership or having a knack for coming up big in the clutch. If you agree that you lead by example, I think Briere comes up way short when compared to Drury.

McGahee's departure is addition by subtraction. He has a bad attitude and is lacking in character.

I don't know beginning of the year I was pro Drury but, now I'm pro Briere. I'm a sucker for stats. It's a double edged aword any way you look at it.

Briere is rumored to be going to the Flyers, actually, because Marty decided it's not as bad as Lindy told him. =D

Flyers want anybody that can skate faster than a steaming tortoise right now. :wink:

Funny, that wasn't in a Philadelphia newspaper, Quince. That was from Yahoo.

Biron wants to sign on in Philly and there are rumors that he's trying to talk Briere into joining him.

Personally, I'd rather Briere stay just where he is.

I've heard the Flyers want Drury and Briere, apologies can't remeber the source but, of course Biron wants to play in Philly he's getting playing time.

Ask any athlete of any sport and they would rather play for a not so good team than sit the bench a great team. It gets to you when you spend so much time on the bench as Biron did with his skill level. Biron accepted his job gracefully when he was in Buffalo and I couldnt more happy for him that he's found a home in Philly. I hope he signs on there and has a solid carrer.

lol I love the gag at the end. Drury fits more of the Philly athlete desciption- hard working, blue collar, clutch while Briere is a more finesse player. Briere has said many times he wants to live and play in Buffalo since he likes it here and so does his family.

No quince, Dru is a Buffalo kind of player-hard working, blue collar, clutch :( :wink: I love Dru...Ive had this odd fascination when he was with the Avs, and i damn near had a heart attack when we signed him. I really really really want him to stay. But i think Danny will be easier to negotiate with. His sons i guess like it here, theyre on baseball and hockey teams and stuff. So i think he'd be easier to sign than Dru. But if i had to pick which one i want, i'd pick Drury in a heart beat, hands down.

Those rumors about Marty talking Pilly up to Danny is pretty funny. I can guarantee Danny isn't paying any attention to it what so ever. He's thinking about the season. Come mid April, Marty is gonna be sitting there eating pancakes, while Danny and the team have a job to do. :wink: