The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rbee

Nov 11 Game & Brooks Orpik

Does anyone know the status of Brooks Orpik and whether he is actually slated to play when the Pens come to Raleigh on Nov 11. I know he missed the game in Pittsburgh due to a broken wrist, but at the time, thought I heard they expected him to be back in time for the Nov 11 game. I hope so.... we can "welcome" Public Enemy No. 1 to Raleigh. :evil:

Not sure if we should expect worse than Scott Stevens like treatment for him?

He's still on IR according to the latest thing I saw, but he'll be 5 weeks out by the time the game here comes around. Not sure how much ice time he'll see if he does play, but it'll be enough... :lol:

I think he's still on IR, I thought he had surgery before the last game. I think, that why he didn't play. although it would be sweet to see cole give him a nice open ice hit.

Arent we over this brooks orpik thing by now.Its gettin kind of boring.Plus you know nothings going to happen anyways it would have been done by now and if not whos going to do it.

Arent we over this brooks orpik thing by now.Its gettin kind of boring.Plus you know nothings going to happen anyways it would have been done by now and if not whos going to do it.

I'm getting a little tired of it too by now but how exactly could anything have been done by now? The canes have played the pens once since the incident and Orpik was out injured for that game. He's still currently on the ir and all I can find is that he's sidelined indefinetely with no estimated date of return.

I'm getting a little tired of it too by now but how exactly could anything have been done by now? The canes have played the pens once since the incident and Orpik was out injured for that game. He's still currently on the ir and all I can find is that he's sidelined indefinetely with no estimated date of return.

We need the 2 points more than revenge right now. Its gotten a little more complicated too with younger Staal and Recchi involved. The best revenge would be a nice solid 60 minute win.

We need the 2 points more than revenge right now. Its gotten a little more complicated too with younger Staal and Recchi involved. The best revenge would be a nice solid 60 minute win.

No I'm not "over" the Orpik thing, and personally I wont be till I see his blood on the ice. The Guy is a scumbag who deperately needs to have his rear end handed to him. :twisted:

Not saying something should be done to Orpik but that incident and the high stick on Koivu were two very different situations. One involved an innocent play gone wrong and the other, imo, involved a player with an intent to injure following through with it.

Shane i dont think so.It was unfortunate that cole got injured but the way he turned his body and orpik already in motion its hard to stop when your in motion have you ever tried it its impossible.The koivu accident was just a figure of speech.Accidents happen and IMO thats what they both were.

Well the two most likely candidates would be Craig Adams and Mike Commodore since they're both willing to drop the gloves to prove a point and they've known Cole for quite a while. Scott Walker will also fight to stick up for team mates but he, of course, wasn't with the team when the incident occured so his involvement in it is unlikely.

Well, I really think they're going to leave Orpik alone. There's no point in stooping to his level.

I mean, Williams hasn't gone after Lukowich, Koivu hasn't gone after Williams, what's the point?

Let's just play.

The more time passes, the more it seems it will amount to, at most, an open-ice hit by Cole and someone picking a fight with him. People will play the body on him all night long, but they won't do anything tasteless.

But it still makes you wonder if FSN is choosing not to air either of the home games against Pittsburgh because of him.

I'm trying to remember what Lukowich did to Williams. Was that that cross-check from behind into Brodeur during the playoffs?

Low bridged him, tearing the ligaments in Williams' knee. Williams missed 36 games/3 months of the season.

I wasn't suggesting I expect someone to go Marty McSorley on him, but there are a couple things I consider.....

1. I think the Canes were REALLY ticked after that game about that hit. A couple of the boys really went after him. Then the fact that he got a game misconduct for the hit, and it was the last time they were facing the Canes, he never had to "face the music" for the hit. If I recall the post-game comments, I think that seemed to really bother Lavi. On top of that, his comments in the press afterwards not taking accountability at all and the fact that he never really attempted to apologize to Cole.

2. Scott Stevens was absolutely villified by Canes fans - for what? A couple of pretty clean hits that took out a couple of guys (including the captain) in the playoffs. If that's the treatment Stevens got, I would expect Orpik gets at least the same.

There is absolutely no comparison in my book between Justin's high stick on Koivu and that hit by Orpik - not even on the same planet. Accidental high sticks unfortunately happen several, several times every night in the NHL. There aren't that many careless, reckless hits that could have not only ended someone's career, but also severely degraded his quality of life.

One little problem to those not going though..

This game isn't televised. :shock:

THAT IS ****************************. Everybody i know is going out of town this weekened and this was the only thing i had to look forward to and its not going to be televised. Im extremely mad.

What is WPCW. NHL.com has it listed as the only channel to show it.