The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Boswick

David Tanabe

Trust me, you would not rather have Tim Conboy playing over Tanabe. Tanabe may not be the best but at least he's in the nhl, Conboy isn't and for good reason.

Shane you are a good fan. Conboy is probaby not good as you said. How about Derek Walser :?:

Walser is a pretty good offensive dman. He put up decent numbers in his time with Columbus but wasn't all that good defensively. His defense has improved over the last two seasons in Berlin but he's still not faring all that well even at the ahl level. I believe he has a -5. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot but I wouldn't expect much more from him than we're getting from Tanabe right now.

The -5 doesn't say much though because the Rats got blanked a few times in their 6 losses. I imagine that quite a few other players are sitting on minus stats too. But I agree, if Lavi would expect to get more out of Derrick than Tanabe I'm sure he would have made the switch a while ago.

Thanks Shane and Whaler for the responses. :-)

It for me was like the Devil you do not know might be better than the devil you do :lol:

Well once Kaberle comes back, Tanabe will be in the press box or Albany, barring any other injuries or trade.