The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MattDoc

11/09 - vs Capitals Game Photos

Matt, I'm thinking you need to talk to the News and Observer and ask them if they need a new photographer. Wow. Those are very clear pictures, and it looks like you were close to the action. Also, I really want your camera. :P

MattDoc, overall those are some great photos. Much better action shots than I've been able to muster. If you don't mind sharing, what brand/model camera are you using?

Wow...you took those? Impressive.

Why's that so hard to believe? :wink: :lol:

Yep, these are all mine. All done with my Canon EOS 20d and 70-200mm lens from up in section 325.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Saturday I'll actually be in a different section so I hope I still have a good view of the ice.

from up in section 325.

And you got pictures that awesome?! Now I really, really want your camera. Probably majorly expensive, though. :(

Oooo.. 325. Best section EVER for pictures, at least of all the 300 sections. My pictures actually turn out better when I'm there then when I sit in the 100s.. the only better place is when they're warming up and I'm right up against the glass. =] I'll probably be in 325 for the Pens game to take cool pictures :D

Thanks for sharing though! Awesome, as always.

Oooo.. 325. Best section EVER for pictures, at least of all the 300 sections. My pictures actually turn out better when I'm there then when I sit in the 100s.. the only better place is when they're warming up and I'm right up against the glass. =] I'll probably be in 325 for the Pens game to take cool pictures :D

Thanks for sharing though! Awesome, as always.

Really? You'll be in 325? I was trying to buy an extra ticket near my seats but the closest I could get was 323 (which is where I'll be on Saturday).

Yeah, I'll try to be in 325, I don't really have a 'seat' I get to stand up the whole time unless the people that work there are nice enough to let me sit down, but I don't mind standing. I stand against the wall behind the mezzanine seats, very good view, and I can walk around to get better views and better shots.

The guy there in 325 (I'm not sure what those people are called, but they work at the RBC) he let me stand in 325, maybe he will again this time. It all depends... he might make me go stand in the corner sections, or in the 100s I don't know.