The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Motorcat

Attendence at games agianst the Sabres

It totally baffles me how some people on this board can get by with violating the rules while others can't.

This is the exact reason why I'm not posting on (or even bother reading)here much anymore.

I'm sorry for the 1% real true Buffalo fans that know how to act in public that their fanbase gets a lot of heat, but what do you expect people to think when games all year long go with out incident, then BAM, Buffalo comes to town and all he!! breaks loose.

I agree w/ all of your post, colesylarose, but esp. this comment in particular, & I also will be damned if I'm going to let fans from the opposing team keep me away from my own venue to support my own boys (I swear it felt like we were sitting in the middle of Buffalo South in 334 on Mon. night). Yeah, I've witnessed some stupid & rude 'Canes fans at games (& on our own boards), but as one Buffalo poster suggested to other Buffalo fans about seeing their own fans' behaviour, I usually tell them to shut up, sit down & watch the game, & if they continue to be rude & obnoxious, I report them to security & they get chucked out of the venue, because that behaviour is just not tolerated by ANYONE'S fans. However, it's funny how we can go w/ out incident for pretty much the entire season & postseason except vs. Buffalo... security, RPD & EMS radios never stop during those games. If you can't handle your alcohol, then don't drink it, period. No exuses for it, & you are responsible for what you do while under the influence. Friendly ribbing or trash talking is to be expected, but when it turns nasty & bitter is when things get ugly, QUICKLY. Stupidity at games is what happens when people have nothing intelligent to say. Some people do this successfully, but my brain can't be programmed to that level of stupidity. Good rule of thumb for everyone to remember: if you can't behave responsibly in public, then don't leave your house.

I don't base my opinions of an entire fan base just from a few idiots in the bunch, & I take every fan/ person on an individual basis & react from there, & there are some real morons on both sides of the fence, but I think of how ironic it is that some Buffalo fans posting here claim that the Leafs fans are the same way at the HSBC in Buffalo as some of the Sabres fans are when they're here at our house. You don't appreciate that behaviour in your own house & know what a pain in the rump their fans supposedly are in your building, yet it's okay & the behaviour can be "justified" somehow for Sabres fans to act in that way when they're here, (wheather they live here or have to travel from Buffalo is irrelevant right now)???? And if you don't like that your fellow fans get bashed on here, then don't come here. You don't want 'Canes fans on YOUR boards 'cause they don't act right, then ban them there & send them here - they won't be tolerated here, either. :wink:

I also agree w/ SEVERAL other posts in this thread, but can't remember them all right now, so I'll just hit on a couple of points made w/ my own opinion. As far as the team's performance goes: I don't know about any of you, but I DON'T have people cheering me on when I'm on the job, no matter where it is or what I'm doing, do you?? Granted, being an athlete, you enjoy hearing a crowd respond when you're playing well, but to base your job performance on the crowd reaction? You get paid (large amounts of money, at that) to do your job wheather you're getting cheers or not, so DO IT. Those of us that aren't fortunate enough to play a sport for a living have to show up & perform our jobs from day one & from the time we get to work until the time we leave. We don't have a preseason grace period known as preseason & we don't have an 82-game season to get it together & figure out how to get things done. On the flip side of that same coin, however: if you're going to a game, paying for you attendance for that game & paying the now $8 for a parking spot that you'll probably only use for 3-4 hours (unless you're tailgating all day), then why not take advantage of all that $$ spent & stay & support your team? Traffic will be bad regardless of if you leave 5 minutes before the last period ends or until the end of the game. You're cheers might just provide that extra added push for the team to make it into OT & possibly win the game. Monday Night Football w/ our very own Panthers? Cool beans, but don't say that that's the reason why you're not at the 'Canes game if you live around here. Record the Panthers & get out to the ESA/RBC. We are fortunate to have a pro sports team in our backyard, folks. We were able to witness first-hand winning the most storied & oldest trophy in sports history back on June 19th this year. Not every area or team & its fans can say that. And I agree w/ a few posts about this too - if we, the 'Canes fans, were to get tickets to see our team play, then we wouldn't have too many of the opposing teams' fans to have to worry about most of the time (so, if Leafs fans buy huge amounts of tickets to TOR vs. BUF at the HSBC, then we can just as easily accuse the Sabres fans of not being able to sell out their own building during those competitions, so point, set, match, Buffalo fans, & you're arguments about that point w/ us is void & null & we don't want to hear about it anymore).

[quote name=BrindamourFan

Personally' date=' I have never been so ashamed to be a Canes fan as I was when the "mass exodus" of red and white jerseys occurred during the 3rd period. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDED YOU THE MOST?? What good is a home game if the fans aren't going to be there supporting the team? Supporting them when the game is tied 3-3 is all well and good, but to abandon them a few minutes later when they still had time to rally? Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it.

Think of how they feel when they look up into the stands and see all of you streaming out of the building? Would that inspire YOU to play harder? It works both ways, people. Either support them 100% or give up your tickets and move on. [/quote]

You nailed that one perfectly. I felt the sameway Monday night. It was PATHETIC. This team brings you the first Professtional Sports Champion and people abandon them for what....b/c they didn't want to deal w/ Buffalo fans, Panthers were playing, it was a Monday night...WHATEVER.

The Canes didn't loose this game, the fans lost this game. They had no motivation to get back into this game when Buffalo made it 3-4. Hundreds of people left then. Anything can happen, remember we did score 3 goals in 43 seconds. The Rags scored 3 goals in 90 seconds against Brodeaur. It really makes me mad when I see the hoards of fans flying up the stairs before the game is over.

It totally baffles me how some people on this board can get by with violating the rules while others can't.

This is the exact reason why I'm not posting on (or even bother reading)here much anymore.

Exactly.

real class there kid. Relocation our team?? HAHAHAHAH!! our team isnt going anywhere. where the hell do you come up with these things??? All of you can b-tching and moning over the attendence at a Canes game, and then say that the reason your "fans" show up is because of us. BULLSH-T!!!

Caniac brought up yet another great point earlier (i.e., on page 4 of this thread). It totally baffles me how some people on this board can get by with violating the rules while others can't. This person ("Melissa") should have been banned long ago. In fact, I don't even like this board due to the extreme level of empathy that is shown toward a select few. I am sure if a Hurricanes fan logged on to the Sabres' board, spouting off this rubbish, he/she would be shown the door in less than a milli-second.

By the way, people are generally taken more seriously if they employ the proper use of capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.

hey kid. you dont have do put my name in quotations. my names Melissa, not "Melissa". k thanks.

The Canes didn't loose this game, the fans lost this game. They had no motivation to get back into this game when Buffalo made it 3-4. Hundreds of people left then. Anything can happen, remember we did score 3 goals in 43 seconds. The Rags scored 3 goals in 90 seconds against Brodeaur. It really makes me mad when I see the hoards of fans flying up the stairs before the game is over.

Although I don't condone leaving early, and rarely do it myself (I even stayed to the end of the 9-0 game), I don't put a lot of stock in stuff like this. For one thing, how does this line of thinking explain the Devils' success over the last decade or so? Secondly, I see it as very much a chicken or the egg situation. Fans can do all they want to support a team, but at some point the team needs to give them something to cheer about. I was disappointed in the size of the crowd, and I don't like seeing people leave when we're down by 2 with 5 minutes to go, but we don't need to go banning people from the arena. That's the last thing we need.

**HUGS**, storm - I can sympathize.

**HUGS BACK**, 300. :D

I have just about had it with certain people here. Sure, they "innocently" come here under the false pretense that they just want to know what Canes' fans are talking about, but I find it highly offensive when they log on, post links that make my blood pressure sky-rocket, and spout off obscenities (which is in direct violation of the board rules)--all without repercussions.

Day after day, they log on, probably hoping to start an argument. They certainly don't come here hoping that Canes' fans will be appreciative of their so-called contributions to our board. I wish they would do the right thing and permanently leave because most of the people here aren't going to see eye-to-eye with them on most issues anyway.

When it keeps true, good-natured Hurricanes' fans from using our own board (and you and I can't be the only ones), it just isn't right.

Agreed. There's also a couple of our own fans that seem to be able to get away w/ posting some things that most of the rest of us wouldn't be allowed to post. What goes for one has to apply to the rest.

real class there kid. Relocation our team?? HAHAHAHAH!! our team isnt going anywhere. where the hell do you come up with these things??? All of you can b-tching and moning over the attendence at a Canes game, and then say that the reason your "fans" show up is because of us. BULLSH-T!!!

Caniac brought up yet another great point earlier (i.e., on page 4 of this thread). It totally baffles me how some people on this board can get by with violating the rules while others can't. This person ("Melissa") should have been banned long ago. In fact, I don't even like this board due to the extreme level of empathy that is shown toward a select few. I am sure if a Hurricanes fan logged on to the Sabres' board, spouting off this rubbish, he/she would be shown the door in less than a milli-second.

By the way, people are generally taken more seriously if they employ the proper use of capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.

hey kid. you dont have do put my name in quotations. my names Melissa, not "Melissa". k thanks.

Okay, Melissa. FYI, I am not a "kid", so don't call me that. "k thanks."

I think it's time to close this one up and move on. Come on people, we all can agree that we love our game of hockey. Let's all be good, friendly fans!

If a few explatives that are disguised with $$ signs bother you, then I doubt your going to be happy on any message board but If you have problems with the moderation or lack of it - why not contact a moderator instead of derailing the thread.

And if those disguised explatives really bother you - I most definately would stay away from a Sabres game - hopefully that gets the thread back on track.

:)

hoyle, I'm sorry that all of that has happened, ....

Yeah keep in mind, when i speak of those experiences, I'm not saying ALL sabre fans are like this, I'm saying these particular sabre fans were.

"Did you know Buffalo is a part of America and not Canada?"

I'm confused...is that an insult to Canada or America?? Because one time I met someone in Florida who asked me what state Canada was in. And Melissa the leafs aren't a rivalry....the leafs are SCUM!!!

Leafs fans had the majority of the lower bowl enveloped. All scalped tickets. Maybe not quite half (overall), like it usually is, but at least 1/3. And aggressive? No fans in the league are as aggressive as Leafs fans.

Dude Leaf fans don't drive all the way to Buffalo hoping to find scalped tickets. They buy them way in advance, just like Sabre fans do. In fact the small ticket packages the Sabres have been selling at reasonable prices the past couple years is mostly used to target Canadians across teh border. Take trip to St Catharines Ontario and you'll see plenty of Buffalo Sabres billboards across town. Buffalo has been marketing it's team heavily in the Niagara region of canada for some time now. You should try to know the facts before you make loosely based generalisations about majority of leaf fans looking for scalped tickets.

Weren't the Sabres bankrupt a number years back and the NHL had to step in financially until they found a new owner, just so there was no threat of relocating the team?

Well, after reading almost every post (lets be real,can't read'em all). I agree a little bit with every one. There are good fans and bad fans on EVERY TEAM including the canes. We, here in Hartford had to deal with it from the Ranger fans and the Bruins fans. Most of the time it was fun but I grew to despise the bruins fans.

I agree with another post that beer is the big factor here. Do you have family sections at the RBC? Nothing worse than having some drunk jerk cussing up a storm next to you and your kids.From the opposing team or your on, it doesn't matter.

There should never be any physical contact at all between fans, even throwing things. Good , clean trash talk is always fun though. It's too bad some fans can't keep it that way but I do agree that beer is the big factor here.

Also, I read that there seems to be "playing favorites" on this forum. I see some threads locked, while others are not. Some people banned or threatened with being banned. There will be some threads that some cane fans don't like and some comments that cane fans don't like. As long as it doesn't come down to name calling or being disrespectful to another member. Isn't good to have opposing view points. Look at me and Hoyle , I don't think will ever agree on anything. I don't think Hoyle will ever agree with anybody but I read his posts anyway, some I find interesting. Banning and locking up threads should be rarely used, not in every day occurence. Just my thoughts..........c ya

whaler....I've agreed with plenty of people....

For example, AO and I rarely disagree.....if there is a point or argument I don't agree with I'll voice my opinion irrespective of the person speaking.

The only person I'll defend regardless to what she says, is little WTP....she's the only other Habs fan here and it's both comical and sad when hockey gurus start to pick on her in here....so I help her out when I can.

And honestly I only like to tease melissa, because she's like a time bomb waiting to explode the first second she hears someone say something half demeening about the sabres....

and on a happy note........My wife just got me NHL center ice for a gift...She is the best. Ofcourse were going to fighting over the TV until April. Just wanted to share that, I'm pretty pumped....finally NHL besides the Bruins.

whaler....I've agreed with plenty of people....

For example, AO and I rarely disagree.....if there is a point or argument I don't agree with I'll voice my opinion irrespective of the person speaking.

The only person I'll defend regardless to what she says, is little WTP....she's the only other Habs fan here and it's both comical and sad when hockey gurus start to pick on her in here....so I help her out when I can.

Hoyle,

That was supposed to be funny. I really enjoy posting with you. I am going to kick back tonight and watch my 8 hockey games...LOL. She is going to regret this gift. And I am a Habs fans ....until the whale returns ( if they return) In fact going up to Boston , March 3rd to see the habs with about 16 other people (mostly family) .We are all originally from Quebec, town called St.Georges De Beauce

Hoyle,

That was supposed to be funny. I really enjoy posting with you. I am going to kick back tonight and watch my 8 hockey games...LOL. She is going to regret this gift. And I am a Habs fans ....until the whale returns ( if they return)

Of course....I wasn't offended, just some people read my posts with the wrong tone. As you can tell I'm a habs fan as well....Montreal is a great place, although the bridges and roads look like they're always about to fall apart. To experience Montreal to the fullest you usually have to be bilingual like WTP is.

Hoyle, can you believe I have yet to go to Montreal (sad but true). I tried on line to get 12 tickets for the habs vs canes game. We were all going to wear are whaler stuff and boo the hell out of the canes ( nothing personal guys). We couldn't even get 4 tickets together, thats how we ended up in Boston.

Gonna try to visit Montreal this summer. I brought my wife to Quebec and she loved it. Would like to go Toronto also. Eventually, I'll get there.

And hoyle, I know you love my whaler updates...the bring back the whale rally went well, I ended up not being able to make it. The season ticket deposit rally they have going ( i laugh each time I think of that) has more deposits now than our AHL team..not sure what that number is, they are trying to reach 10,000 and no I did not give a deposit....lol..but like I said I guess I understand what their trying to accomplish with that idea.

Hoyle, can you believe I have yet to go to Montreal (sad but true). I tried on line to get 12 tickets for the habs vs canes game. We were all going to wear are whaler stuff and boo the hell out of the canes ( nothing personal guys). We couldn't even get 4 tickets together, thats how we ended up in Boston.

Gonna try to visit Montreal this summer. I brought my wife to Quebec and she loved it. Would like to go Toronto also. Eventually, I'll get there.

And hoyle, I know you love my whaler updates...the bring back the whale rally went well, I ended up not being able to make it. The season ticket deposit rally they have going ( i laugh each time I think of that) has more deposits now than our AHL team..not sure what that number is, they are trying to reach 10,000 and no I did not give a deposit....lol..but like I said I guess I understand what their trying to accomplish with that idea.

So who's collecting the $? And better yet, what are they doing with it?

So who's collecting the $? And better yet, what are they doing with it?

The Hartford Whalers booster club is still in operation. They are collecting either $100 or $200 deposits.You can get your deposit back any time you want. The interest will go to a charity, not sure which one, an inner city one I believe.

The season ticket drive is to show the state legislators and any prospective buyers and the NHL for that matter that Hartford is serious about it's desire to have the whalers back.

I know some of you are laughing at this. Like I said I did too but when you think about how bad we want the whale back here. Some people will try anything and why not this. I guess you must lose your team to fully understand.