The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
1-Caniac

Canes Jersey, RED OR WHITE

I used to like the white jerseys better, but now that I've gotten used to seeing the red jerseys at home I'm starting to like them better. I think someone else already suggested it, but I think it would be pretty cool if the NHL alternated between the white and colored jerseys at home every few years.

I guess SI.com isn't a big fan of the red either:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

Warbird (if you see this), the picture of Pedro in his Mets uniform made the list soley because he's wearing the WRONG uniform! He looks much better in red :wink:

Hmm...I always thought that the Canes had one of the best jerseys in the NHL. I guess these people don't agree.

Warbird (if you see this), the picture of Pedro in his Mets uniform made the list soley because he's wearing the WRONG uniform! He looks much better in red

Right, because I'm sure that's what the players are worried about. Whether or not they look good in their uniforms to Sports Illustrated. :lol:

Since sports are mostly watched by guys, and since guys (as a whole) have no sense of fashion, I consider it an honor to be considered "bad taste" in their eyes.

Can't believe the Slug jersey didn't make the list :shock:

Same here. I thought their previous ones were very slick, but these new ones are HIDEOUS, and in my opinion, among the three or four ugliest in the league.

If SI thinks it's bad, then that means it's good.

No... those Islander sweaters really do look like a pumpkin on a pogo stick. But yeah, half that list - Hurricanes included - was laughable. Jags and Broncos? Come on...

The boards on NHL.com.. no great friend of the Canes, if you've not been there... had a recent poll. Carolina was in the top three for nicest unis.

And that Stanley Cup patch looks really good, too.

End. Of. Story.

Warbird (if you see this), the picture of Pedro in his Mets uniform made the list soley because he's wearing the WRONG uniform! He looks much better in red :wink:

they are so rediculous. "All I see is red". Oh please. The exact same thing is true for the red wings, but I dont see them complaining about that. Same for the toronto maple leafs, the dallas stars, the bruins alt jersey, the tampa bay lightning, the washington capitals, the edmonton oilers, and many more. I give them no credibility.

The boards on NHL.com.. no great friend of the Canes, if you've not been there... had a recent poll. Carolina was in the top three for nicest unis.

And that Stanley Cup patch looks really good, too.

End. Of. Story.

do you have a link? I want to see what were the top few.

if the team likes it i like t.

i like the red jerseys...and the flag wouldn,t look bad at all in the center in place of the eye but the eye is where it needs to be only thing is they need to set it in motion on the jersey,lol...

red for me..

Definitely the red and in general, I prefer dark home colors. Since they are your team colors, it just makes sense to me to wear them at home. Besides that it allows us fans to be more creative come playoff time instead of every single fanbase in the league doing a "whiteout" at home.

As an aside, as has been previously mentioned, the league hasn't "always" had white homes prior to the switch in '02. The 1951-1952 season was the first year the NHL mandated that all teams had to wear a certain color at home and a certain color away (prior to that, teams could pretty much do what they want, although all but Chicago went with darks at home). Since then here's how it's gone down:

1951-1955 - Home Whites

1955-1970 - Home Darks

1970-2002 - Home Whites

2002-present - Home Darks

In last night's Boston at Toronto game, I noticed that Boston as the road team was wearing their dark jerseys and Toronto was wearing white at home. Do teams have an option to wear white at home? Do they need League approval? Or is this just another one of those 'the Leafs can do whatever they want' things?

Teams technically can wear white at home or a different sweater but they need the league's approval. I know that the Sabres also requested to wear their old vintage whites for two games this season, (one against Montreal and another against Vancouver I believe, in which both teams want to wear vintage sweaters I think) but I haven't heard whether it has been approved or not.