The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Godzilla1960

Most intimidating (i.e. obnoxious) fans?

When was that poll made, 1978? And who did they ask, because Flyers fans really aren't intimidating this year, or last year, or since 1992.

Another question, how did Colombus even get a percentage?

Intimidating is not the same as obnoxious. Did the ESPN article say obnoxious?

Intimidating might just mean the degree of pressure the home fans put on the opposing team players. Montreal fans have a tendency to boo any player they don't want in their building (ie the booing of Lindros, Williams, Avery).

Intimidating is not the same as obnoxious. Did the ESPN article say obnoxious?

Intimidating might just mean the degree of pressure the home fans put on the opposing team players. Montreal fans have a tendency to boo any player they don't want in their building (ie the booing of Lindros, Williams, Avery).

No, it didn't use the word obnoxious and this seems to be more spin to absolve or diminish the perception of bad fan behavior.

You are right that intimidation and obnoxiousness are two different things, not to mention the fact that visiting player interactions with a team's home fans is completely different than home fan experiences with visiting fans.

You've never experienced intimidating fans until you've attended a Philadelphia Eagles home game with a bunch of Redskins fans. Nothing I've experienced at any other sports venue even comes close to the fear I felt that day. :shock:

You've never experienced intimidating fans until you've attended a Philadelphia Eagles home game with a bunch of Redskins fans. Nothing I've experienced at any other sports venue even comes close to the fear I felt that day. :shock:

hee hee hee yep....Eagles fans are probably THE

worst!!

Saskatchewan Roughriders fans...

I dunno of any other stadium where the opposing team faltered on plays due to the fact they could not hear their quarterback calling the plays.

Taylor Field (Mosaic Stadium now....) TSN and CBC refer to it as "The worlds largest outdoor insane asylum."

from my experiences, by far Buffalo. I was in section 307 for the playoffs and was surrounded during the ECFs. Worst few games of my life, except of course when we walked away with the POW. They were the most inconsiderate people I have encountered. There is honestly just no sense in it. I mean i guess the 15 hour drive down (aka a 15 hour beerfest) could contribute to the horrid reputations they have given to themselves. Oh well. It just made winning that round and not to mention the stanely cup all the more sweeter.

I dunno of any other stadium where the opposing team faltered on plays due to the fact they could not hear their quarterback calling the plays.

I'm sure every stadium has had something like that happen. We at ECU had it happen during one of our games this season. No better feeling than watching the QB waste a timeout.

Canadiens fans can be brutal, even to their own team. Rangers fans (and I am one of them) are quick to boo even the slightest mistake by the Blueshirts. Bruins fans are also bad, especially if you're wearing a Rangers sweater in Boston.

Philly fans without a doubt, I'll never forget the guy who eat too many cheesesteaks and fell into the penalty box with Tie Domi. Or the time Lindy Ruff aka Linda Ruffles on this board haha, had a beer thrown at him by a Philly fan in 2000 after a game.

I certainly would not wanna be an opposing player in the Wachovia Center

I'm sure every stadium has had something like that happen. We at ECU had it happen during one of our games this season. No better feeling than watching the QB waste a timeout.

But does it happen on a consistant basis? and is the stadium known around the league for that happening game in and game out?

The word "intimidating" when applied to a fanbase has positive connotations...as far as having the pure root-root-root for their team and creating a hostile environment for the other guys, I'd have to give it to Philly.