The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
1-Caniac

weak attendance

Go easy on them. The last game was the Senators on a Tuesday night, of course attendence is weak. Wait until Saturday's Bruins game, it will be a full house. We will be there!

I got there and I was like *edit*?

There was like nobody.. a whole section in the upper level was like empty. It was pretty ridiculous.. especially against a team like Montreal I expected this to be a sell out :shock:

Hey, we did our part & showed up tonight.

Ans I have no voice now... pass the ice cream please.... & Jell-O..... & hot tea.... It's a good thing we're not goin' to the Boston game - I'd completely blow out my throat.

Seriously guys....I've ragged on Carolina for shotty attendence in the past, but I was really hoping you'd shell out great attendence game by game this year.

Attendance has been good this year on average but not as good as some would have hoped (myself included) after winning the cup.

Tonight's was the worst of the year but remember folks this is basketball country and the hoops season is always gonna draw away from hockey. I've seen the same thing happen every year. Its a fact in the triangle and its not going to change anytime soon. That being said weather was probably also a factor tonight - its amazing how a little rain can keep people away.

If it makes you Habs fans feel better by raggin on attendance - go ahead - - attendance will be back up - watch and see - but either way the score was still 4-2 :wink:

WhatThePuck - I roared with laughter over your "new" sig! I love it! - and your great sense of humor. It is HILARIOUS. Well, to me at least - sorry!

You're a good sport, and the rest of us get a real true bust-a-gut laugh. Thanks! :lol:

I was there and quite disappointed with the turn-out too. Weather, week night, basketball…all fine as excuses, but it was also a 2 for 1 season ticket holder appreciation night and a quality opponent like Montreal that is fun to watch (and it was a terrific game to watch). For some reason, there weren't even many Habs fans there either; they usually have more of a presence. :(

I do agree with babchuckbabe that Saturday’s Boston game should be full, but the defending Champs deserve better than 13,000 for a game like last night.

And WhatThePuck, to echo IrishIce, your signature gave me a big laugh too. :lol:

Attendence will of course pick up...but with a series of weak efforts on home ice, ticket sales will suffer everywhere other than Canada. Great effort on Habs and pounding away at Huet.

Tampa, while I appreciate has a much bigger population base than us, draws sellouts or close night in and night out. (Tampa currently averages 100.8% capacity and their record to date is worse than ours.) I was just hoping that our Cup win would have a similar effect on the fan base here that it had to Tampa's -- I marvel at how they have taken to supporting their team.

I was there last night, courtesy of free tickets, and was pretty surprised at the low turnout. It took us FOREVER to get to a parking space, so for a while, I thought it was just people stuck in the parking lot and I think that was the case for a few folks. There was a section in the lower bowl (108ish -- slim section near the corner) that was shockingly empty. By mid-game, I think there were maybe 6 people in it.

I just looked it up and, as I suspected, the game wasn't in very many packages. STH and the 10-game White Plan had this one. I'd guess, in general, weeknight games aren't that popular, anyway, especially at this time of year when people are spending money on holiday presents and travel.

But a few folks from "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" were there. =.)

I was watching on the tube last night and was also pretty surprised at the attendance. I figured the habs were a team that could draw some people. Goes to show not to rag on any teams attendance (present or PAST), it can happen to anyone, even the defending champs

WhatThePuck - I roared with laughter over your "new" sig! I love it! - and your great sense of humor. It is HILARIOUS. Well, to me at least - sorry!

You're a good sport, and the rest of us get a real true bust-a-gut laugh. Thanks! :lol:

And WhatThePuck, to echo IrishIce, your signature gave me a big laugh too. :lol:

Hehe. Thanks!

It's upsetting to have to see that after all my posts though :P

Seriously guys....I've ragged on Carolina for shotty attendence in the past, but I was really hoping you'd shell out great attendence game by game this year.

If I could handle nosebleed seats without getting dizzy and hyperventalating, I'd go to more games. As it is, I can't afford to go more than once or twice a month, unfortunately.

I thought, with the ticket promo for 24 pack people that there was going to be more people there last night. Section 107 and 109 were both pretty empty. 108 was fairly full....

The last 2 games i have seen the worst attendance...

and

only full season ticket holders had tickets to the Ottawa game and Montreal had the addition of the canes 10 game white pack. should be different saturday when 24 gamers plus others are there.

a lot of us have season ticket plans (makes it easy to budget for the games) but if that game isn't on the plan then we don't spend the extra when it is the holiday season (Christmas shopping).

I wouldnt expect many mid week sellouts and if the game is not in the 24 game plan attendance will be thin. I also think the Canes have a decent walk up on nights with big crowds but with the Weather , Big NFL game and time of year play a factor.

I will not go out of my way for a mid week game , regardless of what Canes officials say the traffic pattern has changed and both Mid week games I went to this year I got near the RBC over 1/2 hour before game time only to miss basically the whole first period.

Its a catch-22 , Start Early at 7pm for the kids but people who work cant get there in time or start later at 7:30.

I love the Canes and the people here in Raleigh , there will never be the kind of support as some of the more traditional Markets , but there are enough good Hockey fans to deserve and keep the Team.

IF we can average 16,000 - 17000 for the season that would be a success , The base is still growing. I like the fact that I can actually get Tickets when I want them.

Attendance has been good this year on average but not as good as some would have hoped (myself included) after winning the cup.

Tonight's was the worst of the year but remember folks this is basketball country and the hoops season is always gonna draw away from hockey. I've seen the same thing happen every year. Its a fact in the triangle and its not going to change anytime soon. That being said weather was probably also a factor tonight - its amazing how a little rain can keep people away.

If it makes you Habs fans feel better by raggin on attendance - go ahead - - attendance will be back up - watch and see - but either way the score was still 4-2 :wink:

attendance will be fine afterall this is tobbacco road where basketball lives ..

tarheel fan here lovin hockey and hopeful for more hockey games to go see in person in the future.....there is such a thing called fairweather fans and i aint one of them...it,s the holiday season too so that might have something to do with it..

Hehe. Thanks!

It's upsetting to have to see that after all my posts though :P

Hey, Whatthepuck, I hesitate to ask, but what would you have gotten if the Habs had won? Must have been pretty sweet to risk all this "humiliation"! 8)

I did my part. Even with a cold, I still battered the rain and went out. Now my throat is sore again from all the screaming. I'll rest it up today so it'll be ready to go again Saturday.

I expect Saturday to be more of a sellout. I've also talked some of my co-workers in to buying upper level tickets to go. Hoping for a win so I can pull them in to being new fans as they have NEVER gone to a game. Gasp, I was shocked.

I'm sure you have your legitimate reasons.....but it just looks like fans in Carolina lost interest because the Canes havn't been playing too well in the last 4 games. That's what it looks like on the surface.

I'm sure you have your legitimate reasons.....but it just looks like fans in Carolina lost interest because the Canes havn't been playing too well in the last 4 games. That's what it looks like on the surface.

Hey Hoyle, How are ya? rough game last night. I'm not touching the attendance thing. I mentioned once and they brought up Hartford, don't want to go down that road again. Anyway, Huet played a helluva game.