The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
1-Caniac

weak attendance

Nothing in that post was bashing Canes fans. I said that's what it looked like. I never said that's what it was, that's why I said, I'm sure you have your legitimate reasons.

Yeah, sure you didn't mean that. You just wanted to make that point. Not that you believe it or anything, right? Then why did you say later that it was our tendency to abandon our team...remember that one? Or did you not mean that one as well? Or did you mean that is what it looks like? Or does it depend on the meaning of "is"?

The thread went downhill when you accused of us being fairweather fans and abandoning our team. No revisionist history works when your words are right there for us to read.

And it's Montreal Canadiens, get it right at least.

And it is the Stanley Cup Champion's board, so get that right as well.

Can I tell you what really gets me about this, friend? The people on this board are true Hockey fans. Not just Canes fans, but Hockey fans. Right now, the sports needs all the fans. We have a TV contract in the US on a network that noone watches. We get little or no coverage in any major publication or Sports show. Right now, the best thing for hockey is that fans new to the game are getting excited about the game.

But then, for some reason, some fans feel the need to put down the new fans, to see the arena 25% empty instead of 75% full. I'm mad as heck when we only get 14,000 for a game against Montreal. But it doesn't stop me from going and it doesn't stop me from trying to bring my friends. Comments like us being fairweather and abandoning our team, whether you meant it or not, don't help and really dont' sit well. It is in all our interest to support hockey in total. I wish we would draw 18k every night. I can tell you I see that day coming, whereas 3 or 4 years ago I wasn't sure.

You are right, letsjust let this drop. If my attitude was poor, I apologize to you. I want the Canes to thrive, I want the NHL to thrive. And I, for one, never give up on this team.

2002-2003: 15,682

2003-3004: 12,171

Those teams were dreadful to watch. Both were basically out of the playoff race by the end of January. Considering the team in 02-03 finished dead last in the entire league, that attendance doesn't look that bad. Completely squandered the momentum built by the '02 playoff run with a couple of clunker seasons.

But the good news is we got Eric Staal, Cam Ward and Andrew Ladd out of the deal :mrgreen:

But the good news is we got Eric Staal, Cam Ward and Andrew Ladd out of the deal :mrgreen:

2002-2003: 15,682

2003-3004: 12,171

Those teams were dreadful to watch. Both were basically out of the playoff race by the end of January. Considering the team in 02-03 finished dead last in the entire league, that attendance doesn't look that bad. Completely squandered the momentum built by the '02 playoff run with a couple of clunker seasons.

Yeah I can completely sympathize with that, all I was trying to get across is that a 3500 ave attendance drop in a single season, kind of builds a bad reputation for the fanbase. It did the same thing in Minnesota when they all started going to highschool hockey games more then the North Stars. Thank you for responding with a well thought out reply and not just sarcasm like some other people.

Thank you for responding with a well thought out reply and not just sarcasm like some other people.

See thats what I am talking about - you say let it go and everybody backs off then you go egg it on agian.

Like anyone who challenges you is just offering up sarcasm or totally ignorant..... your not only an attention *edit* your a complete tool.

and thats after he offered up this

You are right, lets just let this drop. If my attitude was poor, I apologize to you. I want the Canes to thrive, I want the NHL to thrive. And I, for one, never give up on this team.

they even offered up an apology to you

You are right, lets just let this drop. If my attitude was poor, I apologize to you. I want the Canes to thrive, I want the NHL to thrive. And I, for one, never give up on this team.

If CanesNCary said that then I'm in the wrong, but I don't recall reading that anywhere....I appologies

You are right, letsjust let this drop. If my attitude was poor, I apologize to you. I want the Canes to thrive, I want the NHL to thrive. And I, for one, never give up on this team.

Here you go Hoyle ..............

technically no one is right, that's what section300 was trying to get across pages ago.

He added that in Motorcat (possibly while i was replying)....because it wasn't originally there....unless I stopped reading at that point.

Like anyone who challenges you is just offering up sarcasm or totally ignorant..... your not only an attention *edit* your a complete tool.

As you are too, considering that you're still arguing about something pointless.

I think this thread has run its course.

Okay, so can we please let this debate die now? Everyone has offered up their opinions & apologies earlier, & it looks like they were all sincere.

Ding ding ding, round's over, right? ... let's all go to our corners, okay?

Oh! I gotta have the last word! I gotta reply to it and repeat that I was just trying to make a point that I made 50 posts ago! But I'm gonna reply to it and make that point even clearer to everyone! Even though my point has been quoted 50 times! Oh! Where's the reply button!

Drop it. Thx.