The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

New Canes jersey for next year revealed?

I think its the warning flags on the sides....if put those across the bottom, it might be a different story.

I don't think its awful and Forslund said the players liked them. Gave them a lot more mobility and freedom and they liked the material. If they're form fitting though, wonder if they'll start looking like football players on ice? Can you picture Chara in a form fitting shirt and pads :shock:

I think its the warning flags on the sides....if put those across the bottom, it might be a different story.

I don't think its awful and Forslund said the players liked them. Gave them a lot more mobility and freedom and they liked the material. If they're form fitting though, wonder if they'll start looking like football players on ice? Can you picture Chara in a form fitting shirt and pads :shock:

*plans on quickly saving enough to buy one of the current jerseys so i dont look like a hockey n00b in the years to come*

Actually, wouldn't having one of the older jerseys disqualify you from Noob status?

Shoot, mine is from the Canes first season in G-boro. Its a nice red Starter jersey where the logo is sewn on and not made of over-starched crap

I like it...

Plus, now that is has the SCF patch on it... its complete :mrgreen:

*plans on quickly saving enough to buy one of the current jerseys so i dont look like a hockey n00b in the years to come*

Actually, wouldn't having one of the older jerseys disqualify you from Noob status?

Shoot, mine is from the Canes first season in G-boro. Its a nice red Starter jersey where the logo is sewn on and not made of over-starched crap

I like it...

Plus, now that is has the SCF patch on it... its complete :mrgreen:

yes, having one of the current ones would show your long-time fan dedication, disqualifying you from n00b status, which is bad, in the years to come

^^^ HA! I would be throughly scared of him.

Well you can put a visual on him tonight.

^^^ HA! I would be throughly scared of him.

Well you can put a visual on him tonight.

The form fitting jerseys don't look as stupid as you might think from the way they sound. I posted a picture of some of the preds in them in the "It's Official" thread in the Around the NHL forum.

And yes, they will not be tucked in. They were going to be, but they aren't anymore. When the Sabres unveiled their new unis, Larry Quinn explained that the reason there is no horizontal striping or anything along the bottom of the jerseys is because the league was going to go with the tucked in jerseys. Then the league changed their minds, but it was too late for the Sabres to change. Quinn seemed a little annoyed by it...and I am too.

I just had a discussion with my mother on how I need to buy a current home Canadiens jersey before these things come out..

I'm really really not liking the look of it.. why can't we just do it the way we always have?

Hockey is changing for the worst.

dang it we won't be able to make fun of the Slugs any more, since every team will look stupid.

But more seriously, I hate this idea of templates for every team. Just horrible.

I just had a discussion with my mother on how I need to buy a current home Canadiens jersey before these things come out..

I'm really really not liking the look of it.. why can't we just do it the way we always have?

Hockey is changing for the worst.

As much as I don't like to, I'll have to agree with a French Canadian

:wink:

hey model arn't you that guy whos always posting on the espn boards?

Anyways, I hope its not like that, where all the teams have same layout but different logo, but I don't know maybe it will grow on me. Rebok has made some terrible jerseys lately though.

Ah what the heck, progress and all that. If the world never changed the Canes would still be wearing green. For me the important thing is if the players like them, sure we can always change them to make them look better, but changing them to make a difference in the game is good.

Tucking the jerseys in serves no purpose, and making them all alike makes it more difficult to tell the teams apart on the ice. I don't see that as progress.

The players liked the fabric. They universally vetoed the tucking in idea. So why can't they use the new fabric to make a traditional looking jersey? That'd be more cost-effective in the first place.

I dont think its too bad actually. It does resemble a football jersey though. I think its a marketing scheme.

I THINK Im getting another jersey for Christmas but when/if these NEW jerseys come out, Ill prolly get one.

:D

I, for one, am going to try not to form an opinion one way or another just yet. We're looking at a flattened, 2-dimensional drawing of something that may, or may not, be a new jersey.

We have no idea what the entire package will look like with the shorts, socks, etc.

Yes, we all love the current look. Why shouldn't we? It's a great look and it's what they wore when they brought the Cup home.

But if it's time for change, then it's time for change. I've read that the players love the new "streamlined" uni's and that's pretty important.

So, before we judge too harshly, let's wait and see the real thing.