The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dakuwan-ch1

AllStar Standings as of Today

Be careful how you vote. I think there's something going on now where the last write in vote takes the place of one of your votes. At least that's what it seems to be doing for me. (Writing in Justin Williams takes the place of the last forward I selected.)

I hate to say it, but Williams may be a lost cause. If the write in's are taking the place of a regular vote, we should concentrate on getting the 4 Canes who were nominated to the Game.

Be careful how you vote. I think there's something going on now where the last write in vote takes the place of one of your votes. At least that's what it seems to be doing for me. (Writing in Justin Williams takes the place of the last forward I selected.)

I hate to say it, but Williams may be a lost cause. If the write in's are taking the place of a regular vote, we should concentrate on getting the 4 Canes who were nominated to the Game.

Yeah there was a bug before that was allowing a full ballot + a write in vote. They've fixed it now where if you choose a write in it replaces a player in that position on the main ballot.

Im voting for all our eligible guys and writing in Commodore for defense. :mrgreen: I dont want to take any away from our nominated players and would dig seeing Commodore get a nod since we dont have any eligible for defense.

Im voting for all our eligible guys and writing in Commodore for defense. :mrgreen: I dont want to take any away from our nominated players and would dig seeing Commodore get a nod since we dont have any eligible for defense.
That's what I did too! :thumbup:

Used to be you could pick from the ones on the list AND do a write in, why did they change that?

It was a bug. On the old ballots you werent able to do that which is why they've fixed it so you cant do it online now.

How is Crosby leading the league that kids got abso frigin lutly nothing on Ovechkin

I think Malkin's better then Crosby...

They had laptops set up around the arena tonight for voting. Smart move!

I agree, but I think they screwed up when they announced the voting on the PA and didnt remind people they could vote online at home as well. They dont want people to think they can only vote at those laptops and need to encourage them to vote at home/work also.

How is Crosby leading the league that kids got abso frigin lutly nothing on Ovechkin

I think Malkin's better then Crosby...

Definitely, Crosby is a distant third to #1 Ovechkin and #2. Malkin at least to me.

Even if it looks like our boys are falling behind (like Ward is 70,000+ behind Brodeur), don't give up. What often happens is that those who voted for the leading players get complacent, thinking they will definitely make it and stop voting or vote less often. That means underdog players can easily leap up (like Cole did), so everyone keep up the voting until the very last minute.

Probably didn't have to tell you guys this, as I'm sure everyone's voting Staal, Cole, Brind'Amour and Ward around the clock, but...y'know...just in case.

All I can say is thanks for this thread and reminding me. I've been so busy w/ my sick mom that I completely forgot all about it. See, these threads are beneficial :)

why is it called all-star, when clearly its all-popular players? Can't they pick players based on stats and playing on the ice verses fan base?

I agree. I've been voting for all 4 and writing in Mike as well... Just wish we could see Whitney in there as well, but with the season he's having this year, I don't think he'll have much trouble getting on the ballot next year! (let's just hope he's still with Carolina)

why is it called all-star, when clearly its all-popular players? Can't they pick players based on stats and playing on the ice verses fan base?

i agree with you, but i think they do this to get the fans more interested in the game, plus, how many brand new fans honestly watch the all-star game if their team isnt in it? i think its just an attempt to try and get more fans into the game.

That's the way it is with any sport...fans want to see their favorite players in it, regardless of stats. I remember in MLB one year, a player to be named later, was almost voted in when he was out with an injury for the majority of the year. So the best we can do is just vote based on stats, and deal with it...can't change everyone's vote.