The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Boswick

Cam Ward II

Cam's mask is pretty freaking cool looking...i think. Hopefully it gives him some confidence. But who knows, and he's got a good taste in music. :)

I agree, his mask looks great! Who knows why he changed, but I guess it worked out well so I can't complain. And how'd you figure out that Cam has such a good taste in music, huh Boswick, huh? :wink:

I'm new to the board but I have to say that I hate the new helmet. For one reason only, I hate nickelback. I loved his old helmet. I also love John's helmet simply because it has nascar cars and goes with the whole southern hockey thing some of the fans are showin off.

Cam's mask is pretty freaking cool looking...i think. Hopefully it gives him some confidence. But who knows, and he's got a good taste in music. :)

I agree, his mask looks great! Who knows why he changed, but I guess it worked out well so I can't complain. And how'd you figure out that Cam has such a good taste in music, huh Boswick, huh? :wink:

well craig....I'm through with standing in lines to clubs I'll never get it, it's like the bottom of ninth and I'm never gonna win....

:)

He got a new mask in the playoffs I think it was. Look for the picture of the Conn Smythe sitting in his locker in the dressing room and you can see both his helmets sitting on the top right hand shelf. He only changed pads twice last year I believe. Had the first set of vaughans and then brought out his current set in time for the playoffs. He's used 3 different stick brands in his time in the nhl though. I can't believe I'm discussing his goalie equipment lol

I can't believe you know all that stuff in such detail :shock:.

He got a new mask in the playoffs I think it was. Look for the picture of the Conn Smythe sitting in his locker in the dressing room and you can see both his helmets sitting on the top right hand shelf. He only changed pads twice last year I believe. Had the first set of vaughans and then brought out his current set in time for the playoffs. He's used 3 different stick brands in his time in the nhl though. I can't believe I'm discussing his goalie equipment lol

I can't believe you know all that stuff in such detail :shock:.

i think its pretty cool, weird having those guys on it, but if its important to him then i guess thats all that matters. if i were as good as him i would be getting a new stuff just as often.

Nickelback is his favorite band and they're from the same area he is from. He got to meet them over the summer and decided that he wanted to put a tribute to them on his mask after that. That's what John and Tripp said about it last night.

Tripp asked John about his helmet too of course and he said he had his made like that to show NC that he's here and supports the state so he put 2 big things that we have here on it: Nascar and beautiful girls.

lol

so there you have it: one team, 2 goalies, 2 entirely different ends of the spectrum. :D

She lost a bet. ;)

She really should stop making bets. She has yet to win one as far as I know. Wait till December. You'll see the one she lost to me. ;)

She lost a bet. ;)

She really should stop making bets. She has yet to win one as far as I know. Wait till December. You'll see the one she lost to me. ;)

I bet that she loses her next bet. :mrgreen:

Here are a couple shots of the new lid and paint job.

The mask is made by a company west of Toronto called Sportmask and the painter is named Steve Nash. I like the way he did the canes logos and you can see the ghost lettering in a hazy blue that only shows when light hits it. CHeck out the center bar where "WARD" is engraved in the cage. This mask was made of a custom mold of Cam's head and face a few weeks back, which is why it might not look like other masks, its completely custom to him and one of a kind.

check them both out

www.sportmask.com

www.eyecandyair.com

ward1.jpg

ward2.jpg

ward5.jpg