The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

John Grahame

I think after the way Cam played last night and the way the Habs are playing right now, I would be shocked to see John in net tonight. I think Peter goes back to Cam.

That's just my opinion. :D

I think after the way Cam played last night and the way the Habs are playing right now, I would be shocked to see John in net tonight. I think Peter goes back to Cam.

That's just my opinion. :D

i have to agree with you there, if Cam is still "in the zone" from last night then he is the hot goalie and should get the nod.

Cam is the hot goalie right now, and as strange as it sounds after facing 42 shots, he really didn't work that hard last night, since most of the shots didn't translate into high quality chances. I'd say he gets the start tonight, Friday off, and the start in Ottawa assuming he plays well tonight.

Chuck was pretty sure it will be Cam. He doesn't show any signs of needing a break yet either.

These points are too valuable right now ( not that they're not always valuable) and the confidence is not there yet between Crackers and the boys. Thats not to say it won't be there soon but right now they need to pack on some points before they can start trying to build the confidence in Crackers and visa-versa. Lets catch Altanta in the standings and then see...

That being said, if they win tonight and the defense looks as good as it did last night, maybe Ottawa?

Chuck was pretty sure it will be Cam. He doesn't show any signs of needing a break yet either.

These points are too valuable right now ( not that they're not always valuable) and the confidence is not there yet between Crackers and the boys. Thats not to say it won't be there soon but right now they need to pack on some points before they can start trying to build the confidence in Crackers and visa-versa. Lets catch Altanta in the standings and then see...

That being said, if they win tonight and the defense looks as good as it did last night, maybe Ottawa?

Definitely not. As we discussed in the previous thread, we're at a point where we're struggling to get him some time, but Montreal is a big conference game for us.

Honestly I see Grahame getting a lot more time soon. It looks to me like it's perfect to go back and forth between the two for a while. Ward tonight, Grahame Saturday against Ottawa, then Ward for NJ, Grahame for Washington, Ward for Pittsburgh (I'd say Grahame but they've been on a hot streak recently), then Ward for Buffalo, Grahame for the Rangers... you get my point.

We've played quite a few bigger games recently so we haven't had the chance to put Grahame out there, but once we do and the team, fans, coaching staff, and even himself gain confidence in him, he'll start playing some more games, and bigger games.

Grahame is a very good goaltender and there's no reason he couldn't play nearly half the games for us, but he's yet to prove himself yet, and Ward obviously has winning the Conn Smythe Trophy. It always takes a little while for players to get used to a new team, and goaltenders even more so since they are the most important player on the ice.

I agree 100% with wardo30. As long as Cam is winning, he needs to be in net. What better way to build confidence in our young netminder? Not to mention that it was Cam who was instrumental in getting us past the Habs in the first round of the playoffs last year. Brodeur carries the load for NJ. I have no clue who the Devils' backup goaltender is. If Cam begins to show signs of fatigue, then the 'Canes will probably work Grahame into the line-up, but until then, I hope that Cam is the one to carry the load for us.

thank you all to who posted :mrgreen:

The only reason why I am asking is that I think Grahame needs to get a win soon if we need to count on him at some point.

Obviously Ward is much better and you can never go wrong with him in there. :)

I think it'll be Cameron between the pipes tonight too, but at some point soon I'd like to see John in there. I watch everyone during the pregame skates & I don't think John feels like he's part of this team yet. Granted, he is a newer member, but there's not a whole lot of interaction between him & the rest of the team, at least during warmups. Has anyone else noticed this yet? If not & you're going to the next couple of home games, watch John during warmup & let me know if you see the same.

I've noticed that myself 300. He seems to skate by himself and then hang out either near the bench or at center ice and chat with a player from the other team. Maybe that's just the way he does things but I have noticed it as well.

Ah, okay - thanks wardo. Glad you see it, too.

I feel kinda bad for him, when he's skating all alone. Maybe we can do something to make him feel a little more welcome & at home here at the ESA/RBC... he looks like he feels like he doesn't belong... I hate to see that.

I feel the same way, like we need to go down to the ice and be like "hey! you guys play nice with him now and welcome him to your club!" LOL LOL

Maybe that's just the way he handles things pre-game but I feel badly just like you do.

I agree 100% with wardo30. As long as Cam is winning, he needs to be in net. What better way to build confidence in our young netminder? Not to mention that it was Cam who was instrumental in getting us past the Habs in the first round of the playoffs last year. Brodeur carries the load for NJ. I have no clue who the Devils' backup goaltender is. If Cam begins to show signs of fatigue, then the 'Canes will probably work Grahame into the line-up, but until then, I hope that Cam is the one to carry the load for us.

Agree totally with what you said, too.

Grahame was brought in as a backup goalie that should be able to step up and fill in when needed. Which was mainly either because of fatigue or in case Wardo had a sophomore slump. So far he's had neither, so there hasn't been much reason to play Grahame.

I would like to see Grahame get some time to prove himself. Actually, I think it's more getting the team behind him, as his starts so far they haven't. Only when he replaced Ward in the one game did the team help him out, but at that point the game was already lost.

That makes me wonder hearing how he doesn't seem to hang out with the team and have the comraderie like Ward does. That could be part of why the team doesn't back him up as much as it does Ward. It could be he doesn't like to because he needs to get in his zone, but it could also be hurting him just as well.

Let's hope that Grahame can get a good game in before too long and things fall into place more for him. He should be good once that happens. :)

i agree with most of the things that have been said above me. i feel that the single most important issue is that when you have a hot goalkeeper, you leave him in. good ol' john does needs to find his groove, but not when we are playing a very hot team and aren't doing so hot in the standings.

I've noticed that myself 300. He seems to skate by himself and then hang out either near the bench or at center ice and chat with a player from the other team. Maybe that's just the way he does things but I have noticed it as well.

He used to do the same thing when he was here in Tampa. Read somewhere once that he likes the alone time before games to get "zoned in" for the game. The article also said that he liked to sit in the hall outside the dressing room inbetween periods to meditate to help him stay forcused.

He used to do the same thing when he was here in Tampa. Read somewhere once that he likes the alone time before games to get "zoned in" for the game. The article also said that he liked to sit in the hall outside the dressing room inbetween periods to meditate to help him stay forcused.