The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
medfordcaniac7

John Grahame

Oh thank you bittie!! That makes me feel so much better. I felt so sad like they wouldn't be his friend or something so that's good to know that it's what he likes to do and it's a game time ritual.

Thank you again!! :mrgreen:

It's hard to compare Ward to Brodeur, because Ward hasn't even made it through an entire season. Brodeur didn't start playing 70 games a year until his 3 or 4th season. You're asking for quite alot from a rookie goaltender, regardless of the conn smythe. You need to be careful or else you'll run the risk of burning out your rookie goalie; which is EXACTLY what they're doing to Lehtonen in Atlanta. If Lehtonen wasn't playing 95 percent of ATL's games, he may not have been as horrible against Carolina.

Neverthless, it'd be wise to play Ward against the Canadiens tonight, but for future reference. You can't burn out your goalie even if he does seem to be winning, because eventually he's going to get some loses. And...the only thing worse then a goalie in a slump, is a goalie in a slump who is also burnt out.

The only reason why I am asking is that I think Grahame needs to get a win soon if we need to count on him at some point.

Agreed.

That makes me wonder hearing how he doesn't seem to hang out with the team and have the comraderie like Ward does. That could be part of why the team doesn't back him up as much as it does Ward. It could be he doesn't like to because he needs to get in his zone, but it could also be hurting him just as well.

My guess is that Grahame could be snakebitten from his Tampa Bay experience. When you have a coach who hangs you out to dry like that -- and it doesn't sound like any of his teammates backed him up, though I didn't follow the situation closely -- then it's not surprising to me if he's a bit of a loner. Of course, he needs to realize the Canes don't play that way ... or the team needs to help him realize this ain't Torts' House of Crazy.

Thanks for the 411, bittie! I was hoping one of the Lightning fans could tell us how it was down there.

It's hard to compare Ward to Brodeur, because Ward hasn't even made it through an entire season. Brodeur didn't start playing 70 games a year until his 3 or 4th season. You're asking for quite alot from a rookie goaltender, regardless of the conn smythe. You need to be careful or else you'll run the risk of burning out your rookie goalie; which is EXACTLY what they're doing to Lehtonen in Atlanta. If Lehtonen wasn't playing 95 percent of ATL's games, he may not have been as horrible against Carolina.

Neverthless, it'd be wise to play Ward against the Canadiens tonight, but for future reference. You can't burn out your goalie even if he does seem to be winning, because eventually he's going to get some loses. And...the only thing worse then a goalie in a slump, is a goalie in a slump who is also burnt out.

Lehtonen made a promise of some sort to do better and get the win vs. the canes this time. I think it was a mistake to unnecessarily put that extra pressure on himself which must have got to him.

Lehtonen made a promise of some sort to do better and get the win vs. the canes this time. I think it was a mistake to unnecessarily put that extra pressure on himself which must have got to him.

Valid point.....

I just still think it's got to be draining to start 14 out of 14 games.

kermelbar, I like the quote "Torts house of crazy"

Thanks for the laugh this morning! :)

kermelbar, I like the quote "Torts house of crazy"

Thanks for the laugh this morning! :)

I think that Cam Ward is going to start games, becuase hes doing really good this season!

But Grahame is a very capable goalie and good! So if Ward ever has a down game ((which doesnt happen often)) then Grahame is a good backup!

Maybe he will start the game Saturday against the Senators! But I think as long as Cams on his hott streak he will be starting most of the games.

Most definitely....Graham is a solid veteran back up. I'm not taking anything away from his skills, but Ward is better. As shown by his nice MVP trophy. So Graham can provide great leadership for Ward.