The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
slickice-eo1

Erik Cole's individual effort A+

A season's worth of highlight goals in these last two games, I agree. When he's on his game, Erik's on the very short list of those around the league that are just fun to watch.

A season's worth of highlight goals in these last two games, I agree. When he's on his game, Erik's on the very short list of those around the league that are just fun to watch.

And in three of the last four. His goal in Boston was mythic! And vintage Cole. But nothing compares to the one he got last night to tie it at 2. I didn't even realize just how amazing that play was until I watched the highlights later. Block the shot, get up and after it beating the guy who DIDN'T fall down to the puck and finish with a perfectly executed drag move to draw Thomas from post to post and cap it with a backhand that ... let's face it... NObody was gonna stop.

That was the first of three "textbook" scoring plays on the night.

Brindy's cerebral assist on Willie's shorthanded bid was a clinic. Not only was the pass perfectly on the tape, he waited to make it until Williams was clear of the defender so he could pick up the puck in stride with no impediment from the other guy. Then Willie finishes it with a release so quick Thomas had no chance.

Then the finisher. Tic-tac-toe passing on Wizard's goal just like you'd draw it on the chalkboard.

And it wasn't a scoring play, but Williams made another beauty in the third when he gained the zone, but everybody else was going off on a change. Suddenly he's there all by his onesie with nothing but Bruins all around. But he kept control until the cavalry arrived, so props for that one too.

That goal was unbelievable. I was sitting in the last row of the 300 section on the end where Cole scored, so I didn't realize that he actually created the play by blocking the shot, and then going down the ice to score! That was amazing.

That goal was unbelievable. I was sitting in the last row of the 300 section on the end where Cole scored, so I didn't realize that he actually created the play by blocking the shot, and then going down the ice to score! That was amazing.

Hey, I was sitting in the last row at the end where he blocked the shot (328) and didn't realize he'd started that play with a block either. But even when it happened I thoguht it was an amazing display. After seeing the highlights it just becomes more impressive.

I love what the Boston announcers said after he scored: "When Cole goes down the wing like that, no one in the entire NHL can stop him, including Zdeno Chara."

Word to that!

That play was unbelievable to watch live last night and I didn't realize until I saw the clip that he blocked the shot as well! The Cole train is going full steam ahead as of late!! :D

Regarding Cole's off-ice efforts, it was on the Jumbotron last night that he and Staal helped out yesterday with the TV show Extreme Makeover Home Edition as they were filming a project in Raleigh. Did anyone else see that or have more info about what they did?

Regarding Cole's off-ice efforts, it was on the Jumbotron last night that he and Staal helped out yesterday with the TV show Extreme Makeover Home Edition as they were filming a project in Raleigh. Did anyone else see that or have more info about what they did?

I am not sure what they did but when I went down there they were hanging out with Ty and the other members of EMO and tacking pictures with the police that were there.

I think they came to check it out . it airs in Feb. so you might wanna check it out because the camera guys were filming .