The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caneshockey1433

RBC Center Thread

Fix the parking problems.

There's nothing wrong with the parking. It honestly doesn't take that long to get out. It would also help a LOT if everyone would let 1 car out of every line of cars waiting go out in front of them. Thats how you keep things moving. Now if I could just relay that message to my entire school parking lot I'd be home about 5 minutes sooner.

There IS something wrong when a person with a handicapped sticker repeatedly gets shunted TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE BUILDING when there are PLENTY of spaces left in close proximity (even though that handicapped section may be full, common courtesy would dictate allowing closer parking than shunting them to a more distant lot where they may or may not get a handicapped space , and then end up having to go all the way around the arena to get to their seat (effectively negating the handicapped sticker, if not making matters WORSE)

OH! and the IcePlex has MORE handicapped parking... for a building with probably 1/100th the capacity, not so sure the RBC center is up to code, and believe me, I'm checking on that!

you're HS served beer?

I guess you could look at it that way. The students weren't allowed to work in the stands for events where alcohol was served and had to be 18 to work at all. Mainly it was just the parents and we all had to go through ALE training before we were allowed to work too. But if you think that's funny, consider that some of the stands are operated by ... shall we say... very conservative church groups.

And I worked one of the standalone beer stands one night and made $60 in tips -- which goes straight to the band without having to be "laundered" through the payout system.

Yes that is funny. I remember one night when the beer stand was operated by a "conservative church group". They we so concerned that I get my money's worth that they kept pouring off all the foam. I was kind of funny to watch. :)

I agree with the beer comments.

Whether its stale or cleaning the lines something does not taste quite right whether its froma main concession area or small stand.

I got to the point last year to take a sip before I walked away with my beer just to make sure.

Cold pretzels and nasty pizza are commen place.

The best eats in the whole joint - Sausage Stop.

I've seen so many people say to turn the volume down in the RBC Center, but I have to disagree. Either get a speaker system in the 300 level or turn the volume up. I'm in 320 and the group that I go to the games with can never hear announcements or jumbotron clips. I've talked to a few people in other sections as well who say the same thing. So we've got to find a happy medium between busting people's eardrums and them being able to hear at all.

And also as a response to some other people's ideas:

- Please do not fire the announcer.

- Please don't make Mean Gene stop blowing his horn.

- Please do not ask the Canes to come out to Back In Black (although having the third jersey in black isn't a bad idea!)

- Please don't stop playing the movie clips after the other team scores (the Anchorman one is hilarious!)

- You can get rid of Tarzan, but PLEASE do not get rid of Chewy!

- Please figure out something with The Eye. Last year I literally got shoved into a rack of clothing on the wall because people were stuffing themselves into the store and not paying attention to someone who was actively browsing for a new shirt. I was squished in between a clothes rack and the wall for five minutes or so until this really nice man realized I was stuck and pushed through people and made them stand back so I could get out! I'm a petite 5'3" and that was not a fun experience. I'm afraid for small children in that store. So, if there could be something figured out for The Eye, that would be great!

THANKS!!!

The best eats in the whole joint - Sausage Stop

Second that motion...now if they can add a second stand on the third level

I agree with the beer comments.

Whether its stale or cleaning the lines something does not taste quite right whether its froma main concession area or small stand.

I got to the point last year to take a sip before I walked away with my beer just to make sure.

Cold pretzels and nasty pizza are commen place.

The best eats in the whole joint - Sausage Stop.

Well, I'd say your best best is to go to one of the stands that sells package beer. It costs more, but you get more and it's poured from an individual container (can or bottle) when you get it. That's my best advice there. It's worth mentioning though, that in all the games I worked and all the beers I poured I can probably count on one hand the number of times a customer complained about it. We're talking fewer than one per game here, maybe fewer than one every other game. So I'm thinking that either (a)you have a much more discerning palate than most folks do or most folks just take what they get and deal with it. If the former is the case, you're probably never gonna be satisfied with the beer in the arena -- or any arena more than likely, 'cause they all operate basically the same. If it's the latter, it's not going to improve unless more people complain to the management than complained to me. Because when the percentage of complaints is that low, they're going to see it as "some people just can't be satisfied". I'm not saying that something shouldn't be done, I'm just telling you how it is -- or how it's been in my experience.

As for the food, I haven't tried the Sausage joint, but it sure looks good. Best eats/bargains in the "regular" concessions IMO are the Chicken Tender Combo ($8.25 I think) and the Nacho Grande (I forget the price). The "regular" nachos are kinda lame, but not any lamer than any other stadium. The Nacho Grande (if they still have it) is a much better deal and a much better item. And it's not that much more expensive than the regular order. As an aside -- if you want jalapenos for your nachos, you gotta ask. They don't charge extra for them but they don't include them unless you ask for 'em. (which always puzzled me... I mean who eats nachos without 'em?) They're served on the side, and you can get more than one if you're nice about it.

As for the pizza and pretzels, they're kept in a heated box (so are the hot dogs for that matter) until somebody orders 'em and if they're not selling fast I can see where they'd get pretty nasty after a while. The pizza getting cold though, sounds like a wait time issue. It ain't gonna get cold sitting in the hotbox, so it sounds like the caller pulled it and then your order got held up by something else. Once again, I can count the number of complaints I personally heard on one hand with change left over. so the same applies here.

The bottom line is that if only a minute percentage of people complain, management doesn't realize there's a problem. I'm not one to suggest complaining just to have something to do, but if you're turly not satisfied you need to let somebody know who's in a position to do something about it. Just don't take it out on the counter help. Probably half of them (or more) are volunteers workign to raise funds. The rest are paid employees, but what they're paid hourly is trivial. Further, the regular counter people are probably not going to be able to help you even if they want to. Not even if you're really really nice to them. Refunds have to go through the stand leader, 'cuz he/she is the one with the key to the cash drawer. And exchanges get tricky because of the way they inventory stuff, so that usually has to be decided by committee too. Just so you know, the stand leaders are the ones in the black and white checkered shirts. They report to the level supervisors and after that link in the food chain I don't know where things go. The volunteer groups will have their own "show captains" who liase with the stand leader (who may be running multiple stands), and they might be able to help you if you can identify them. If you can't, their staff certainly can.

At the end of the day, the people working in concessions really do want you to be happy. Trust me, their lives get way easier when the customers are happy. Just keep in mind that they're limited in how far they can go on their own initiative to make that happen.

Concerning the post quoting mine ........... I am not really that hard to please.

I've never complained about anything at the RBC - at least to anyone serving it to me.

The pretzels are always cold at least the ones served at the draft beer stands outside sections 332-334.

The slices of pizza I have had are warm and soggy........ my solution = stop buying them.

The idea to take a sip of my beer before hand came from the a couple we share a row of seats with - so I am not the only one.

None of these things are that big of a deal - I was just agreeing with another poster about the beer -- I guess WE are in the minority or share one of those disconcerning palates.

:shock:

yall had some good points! I will pass them along! I always thought we should have more pictures from state and the canes...like past moments and stuff and yes, we neeeeeeeeeed Gilliam back!

A huge statue, like 100 feet tall of brindy raising the cup in front of the main enterence into the RBC center, gold, with red and black trim, that would be freaking sweet :lol:

Glad to see someone actually listening to the fans, keep it up we really do appreciate it :D

Make the teams third jerseys black and come out to AC/DC's "Back in Black".buttrock.gif

This dude knows what he's talking about!!!

Best idea ever!!!! I think we need to petition the team for this though..

I did notice that there were no Porta Johns set up for the 12/2 game against Boston. We had to walk all the way up to the main entrance Will Call lobby to use the bathrooms.

A huge statue, like 100 feet tall of brindy raising the cup in front of the main enterence into the RBC center, gold, with red and black trim, that would be freaking sweet

Screw it, 12 to 15 feet would be just fine.

You can also put a Jim Valvano statue of the same size on the other side of the arena, cutting the net down in Albuquerque in '83. I'm a Carolina fan, but that would be awesome.

Would have to put coach Case out there too, but I like those ideas of representing the 3 championships for the two teams that play there, even though two of those happened way before the ESA's exsistence.

I was in Dallas a few weeks ago, and caught a Stars game. The most impressive part of the experience was that we parked in a lot way off-site, and a city bus took us to the stadium. (The Braves also do this, in baseball)

Is there any chance a deal could be worked out with Raleigh Transit to set up a game bus line prior to and after home games? I assume Raleigh has something similar to the Chapel Hill remote parking lots.