The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
number-1-caniac

Players of the game.

I think they do that for a couple reasons.

First of all, I'm sure after spending 60 minutes on the ice, in hockey gear, they just want to get back in the locker room and take it off.

Second of all, showing off like that may inflate an ego. And an inflated ego can be detramental to a hockey player.

hahaha, thanks a lot buddy, now I can't get the so called fan interaction from "Slapshot" out of my mind - with the guy skating figure eights on center ice in his jock strap, waiving to cheering fans. :roll:

:lol:

I did NOT need that visual in my head!!!! Thanks, Whaler!!! :P:lol:

hahaha, hey, #1caniac started it, not me!!! I'm still rubbing my eyes here!!!

I think I was watching game in San Jose where they had the Sharks players who made the 3 stars throw t-shirts into the stands when they came out. They then had the #1 star do an interview right there on the bench that was broadcast over the whole PA it sounded like.

I thought this was a bit much. A wave is good enough for me.

Yes... they have, and to be honest I don't want to see ANYONE skating around in a jock strap... As for the player coming onto the ice for the Three Stars, they don't stay out long enough for me to get a good picture of them, that's why i'm one of those who loves going down to pre game skate and try to get mom's "man" to stand still long enough to take some great shots.