The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
GeneHart2

Flyers and Biron agree to 2-year deal

I dont see where they get off blaming Antero and Robert for their obvious defensive issues. When you got guys that are -44.......theres some bigger frigin problems.

If you watched a lot of games...Nitty and Esche really sucked. Nitty is competent back up. The d is mostly all greenies now...they'll pick up a vet or two come July...

I wish them all the best with Marty. I think they overpaid, but at least they'll have a guy who's going to play his guys out for the team.

I dunno, if we could ever pick up Nitty (as a backup) I would not hesitate to be estatic I really think that kids preety descent and just got screwed with one of the worst teams to ever hit hockey. But ya know what we got Jamie Storr that one year and I was estatic cause he was preety descent back in the day and well yea........I dont think I've seen a worse goalie in my life.

Esche....man I really didnt even like him as an olympic goaltender. In fact it really stings how much better Canadian goaltending is compared to American.

What is it Turco, Broduer, Luongo

Dippy, Esche, Grahame... thats not even comparable!

Good move, he's better than what they got otherwise and what is available on the market, even for that price.

As for American goaltending I think Miller deserves to be on that list, and should have been on the team last year instead of Esche.

As for American goaltending I think Miller deserves to be on that list, and should have been on the team last year instead of Esche.

This guy knows what he's talking about. 8)

Good move, he's better than what they got otherwise and what is available on the market, even for that price.

Yes, it was a very good move to help stabilize a rotating door of goalies in Philly.

If Miller hadn't been injured early last season, he would have made the team. He was just coming back and hadn't played much which is why he was passed over.

Miller Time on Biron

Buffalo News:

"I’m glad that he’s found a situation that they appreciate what he does and he’s going to have a chance to play,†Miller told the paper. “We certainly appreciated him here, and we loved every second of having Marty on the team. He was one of my closest friends on the team, and I’m excited for him.

"We’re going to get to see a lot of him, and we’re going to have to watch out for him. We’ve got one game against him as a teaser kind of this year because they’re out of the playoff race right now and they’re a young team, but it’s going to be fun to get out there and face him. Next year, he’s going to make it tough, as we would expect.

“I hope it starts to become a fun rivalry because Marty loves to talk, and I’m sure there will be a lot of fun things going on.â€

how much better Canadian goaltending is compared to American.

What is it Turco, Broduer, Luongo

Dippy, Esche, Grahame... thats not even comparable!

Well, it's more like this:

Brodeur > any other goalie in the world

Turco -- stinks in the postseason

Luongo -- great with his new team but still hasn't sniffed the postseason yet