The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

Briere fined for diving

here's something that will shock the hell outta you...

This is the first time Danny has ever been fined(or even contacted) by the league reguarding diving. :shock::shock:

No player has been fined a second time and only Briere and Sean Avery have gotten these fines as repeat offenders. He was also previously on the "watch list" along with Roy.

Not exactly rarefied company is it? :roll:

It is about da@n time!!!!!!!! And can that rule apply to goalies as well? Please! Because if it works on goalies then they need to put Dwayne Roloson on the watch list as well. Not sure who annoys me more between the two diving kings- Roloson or Briere.......both are sad and pitiful.

It is about da@n time!!!!!!!! And can that rule apply to goalies as well? Please! Because if it works on goalies then they need to put Dwayne Roloson on the watch list as well. Not sure who annoys me more between the two diving kings- Roloson or Briere.......both are sad and pitiful.

Careful now, Gerber got called for diving in the playoff series vs. the Habs. :wink:

The only one in a Buffalo uniform I would want to see in a Canes jersey would be former Cap, Dainuis Zubrus......he is terrific and would be great in a Canes uniform,,,,,,hated to see him go to Buffalo. And, he's already been on a team with Brindy, so they can play well together.

Careful now, Gerber got called for diving in the playoff series vs. the Habs. :wink:

Gerber must fly under my radar then, because few goalies get me as mad as Roloson. I understand the goalies are tired of being ran over but try to react to only the play near you not across the ice or before a play has even happened.

This is the first time Danny has ever been fined(or even contacted) by the league reguarding diving. :shock::shock:

Yeah and Darcy Tucker has never been award a major suspension by the league either. Does that mean he's not dirty hockey player?

It can't be the first time he's been contacted by the league, as he is receiving a $1000 fine for the second offense this season. The first time this season was on December 9th.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/hockey/061209/h120927A.html

If my memory is correct, the warning letter was instituted last September, so to be even in the discussion puts Briere up with Avery at the top of the diving platform.

Cole has in the past been under suspicion for diving. He's obviously made a concerted effort this season to stay on his skates when he tries the outside power rush, where before at least half the time he'd end up sliding in the boards. So either he's cleaned up his act, or he feels they are calling enough hooks and holds to not need any embellishment.

It can't be the first time he's been contacted by the league, as he is receiving a $1000 fine for the second offense this season. The first time this season was on December 9th.

If my memory is correct, the warning letter was instituted last September, so to be even in the discussion puts Briere up with Avery at the top of the diving platform.

Cole has in the past been under suspicion for diving. He's obviously made a concerted effort this season to stay on his skates when he tries the outside power rush, where before at least half the time he'd end up sliding in the boards. So either he's cleaned up his act, or he feels they are calling enough hooks and holds to not need any embellishment.

owned!

owned!

Did Danny dive? I don't know, but if he did it doesn't come anywhere near the dive the 'Canes have taken in the last two games, losing 11-2 to two teams that aren't even seeded to make the playoffs.

That is major league diving.

Did Danny dive? I don't know, but if he did it doesn't come anywhere near the dive the 'Canes have taken in the last two games, losing 11-2 to two teams that aren't even seeded to make the playoffs.

What does that have to do with this thread?

Nothing, really. Just someone that's trying to rub it in our faces about our play this season, particularly the last two games. As some say down here, "it doesn't hurt my feelin's none". :wink:

What do three pages about Danny Briere being fined for diving after being crosschecked have to do with anything? Why is it necessary to run down another team or their players in order to build up your own?

What do three pages about Danny Briere being fined for diving after being crosschecked have to do with anything? Why is it necessary to run down another team or their players in order to build up your own?

This thread was on topic, because it was Around the NHL. It relates to the Canes, because both coaches during the ECF blamed the other team for diving, and since Briere has been caught twice this year, it raises suspicion on last year's season.

And it's not necessary to run down other teams and players, but it's what fans do. Go to any NHL board and you'll see one fanbase bashing another. We just happen to bash Buffalo because it's easy.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of the Buffalo members on this forum aren't Hockey fans, they're Buffalo Sabre fans. Many of you have the habit of blindly jumping to bias conclusion about anything that remotely has to do with your team before actually assessing the situation.

The NHL corrections committee seems to be one of the most lax around when it comes to awarding suspensions for anything. There are many people in this forum who can point out plenty of suspensions given out of the past two years that appeared too lenient. If the NHL felts Briere should be punished for diving, I assure you it wasn't done in haste. Hell, if Brett Hull was in charge of cracking down diving, Briere would have been kicked out of the league already.

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of the Buffalo members on this forum aren't Hockey fans, they're Buffalo Sabre fans. Many of you have the habit of blindly jumping to bias conclusion about anything that remotely has to do with your team before actually assessing the situation.

The NHL corrections committee seems to be one of the most lax around when it comes to awarding suspensions for anything. There are many people in this forum who can point out plenty of suspensions given out of the past two years that appeared too lenient. If the NHL felts Briere should be punished for diving, I assure you it wasn't done in haste. Hell, if Brett Hull was in charge of cracking down diving, Briere would have been kicked out of the league already.

:!: I've held my peace but let me get my 2 cents in. I haven't commented on this topic yet because well Briere did dive and he's a diver. I don't even think he's the worst diver on the team, it's Roy. The Sabres are probaly the most team likely to be caught for diving because well they dive the most :shock: Yes, i'll admit it we dive the most and should be punished if deemed necessary.

I also posted on Sabresfans.com that the Schaffer-Connolly hit was 100% cclean and was about as popular as Mick Mcgeough at an auotgraph session. Maybe my bias shows to much but every fan has bias. I noticed you said most of the Sabres fan on this board are Sabres fans before Hockey (all 4 of us) :roll:but ill always be a hockey fan before Sabre fan anyday.

I said most because there are some who can take criticism for what it's worth.

There are 4 regular sabres members here (yourself, Godzilla, melissa and dboone)

But it also seems like once every couple weeks a new Sabres fan shows up for a short time only to parade his/her team as if it's god's gift to the world. It's cool to be anxious and excited about your team, but if you're going to visit another team's message board, you have the at least be prepared to hear criticisms of your own team.

Yes the Sabres are on FIRE this year and Lindy Riff has definitely been a hero behind the bench....

...But Buffalo is far from a dynasty

...And Ruff is no Bowman

I think most Sabre fans are just beside themselves that their team is doing so well and unfortunately get quite overconfident because of it.

I for one know all too well that Buffalo has has been plagued by dissapointment and consequently have no professional championship to show for it. I have no problem getting excited for the Sabres as I'm very proud of what they've accomplished, but at the same time, I choose to be reserved with regards to "just how great" and "just how far" they might take this recent HOT streak.

Buffalo certainly is very far from a "dynasty" at this point. About as far as a team can get. It would be nice to see the city get it's very first professionaly championship in with the Sabres. (The Bills had their chance and then some).

Hearing that some Sabre fans might think that their team is God's gift is just hilarious and stupid (not directed towards you..but to the fans that act this way). My god....the Sabres simply seem to be clicking at the moment. They are still a VERY far cry from the Stanley Cup or a dynasty for that matter.

Any Sabre fan that makes much more out of their recent success (as exciting as it is to experience) is out of their minds and getting WAY too far ahead of themselves.