The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canes8

Gleason ruined my christmas

I'm sure Gleason would rather be playing then sitting out with a broken foot. Sorry it ruined your Christmas. Enjoy the game any how and send good thoughts for a speedy recovery of your favorite player.

Every year since Gleason left my hometown (Windsor, ON) where he played his 4 years of junior with the Windsor Spitfires, I've managed to get to one of his games to see him play. This year I didn't think I was going to be able to because of my work schedule and the location of the games on the days that I could have gone.

So I open my present from my boyfriend tonight and he's bought me tickets to a Canes game... January 2nd in Pittsburgh... Since Gleason broke his foot on saturday, I'm not even going to get to watch him play. It's still going to be a great trip, hopefully the Canes win, and I'll get to see Crosby as well, but it's still disappointing :(

If it ruined yours, imagine what the injury did to his Christmas...or the rest of the team's for that matter.

Every year since Gleason left my hometown (Windsor, ON) where he played his 4 years of junior with the Windsor Spitfires, I've managed to get to one of his games to see him play. This year I didn't think I was going to be able to because of my work schedule and the location of the games on the days that I could have gone.

So I open my present from my boyfriend tonight and he's bought me tickets to a Canes game... January 2nd in Pittsburgh... Since Gleason broke his foot on saturday, I'm not even going to get to watch him play. It's still going to be a great trip, hopefully the Canes win, and I'll get to see Crosby as well, but it's still disappointing :(

If it ruined yours, imagine what the injury did to his Christmas...or the rest of the team's for that matter.

It was meant to be funny, I wasn't trying to be rude... I'm probably Gleason's biggest fan, I've been watching the kid play hockey since he was 16, I wasn't being disrespectful to him.

It was meant to be funny, I wasn't trying to be rude... I'm probably Gleason's biggest fan, I've been watching the kid play hockey since he was 16, I wasn't being disrespectful to him.

Not to worry, my response did seem a little harsh when I read it again. Anyone that will travel to Pittsburgh just to see their favorite player and team is hardly disrespectful. Have a great trip and bring us all back a Philly Steak & Cheese when return :-).

Not to worry, my response did seem a little harsh when I read it again. Anyone that will travel to Pittsburgh just to see their favorite player and team is hardly disrespectful. Have a great trip and bring us all back a Philly Steak & Cheese when return :-).

Have a great trip - and ignore the request for Philly cheesesteak - that is for the other "coast" of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is renowned for their own gastronmic hoagie type monstrosity. I forget what it's called - National Geographic magazine profiled it, among other Pittsburgh specialties, in their zip code feature a year or two ago. Amazing the minutiae that will stick in one's brain after reading something!

Anyway, Pitt is a great town with a lot of character, and wonderful night life. I hope you have a great time and that the game is a memorable one. Sorry you don't get to see your favorite player, but you ought to send him a card via the Hurricanes - he will probably be touched that someone was coming all that way to see him from his hometown. That sort of loyalty will help brighten his forced off-ice time. We always ALL appreciate knowing that someone really cares about us!

Enjoy the heck out of your trip - and that must be some boyfriend you've got - what a wonderful and thoughtful gift for you! If Gleason had not been injured, I think I can almost hear your squeal when you opened the tickets! You would have been over the moon with that gift!

:-=

Have a great trip - and ignore the request for Philly cheesesteak - that is for the other "coast" of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is renowned for their own gastronmic hoagie type monstrosity. I forget what it's called - National Geographic magazine profiled it, among other Pittsburgh specialties, in their zip code feature a year or two ago. Amazing the minutiae that will stick in one's brain after reading something!

Anyway, Pitt is a great town with a lot of character, and wonderful night life. I hope you have a great time and that the game is a memorable one. Sorry you don't get to see your favorite player, but you ought to send him a card via the Hurricanes - he will probably be touched that someone was coming all that way to see him from his hometown. That sort of loyalty will help brighten his forced off-ice time. We always ALL appreciate knowing that someone really cares about us!

Enjoy the heck out of your trip - and that must be some boyfriend you've got - what a wonderful and thoughtful gift for you! If Gleason had not been injured, I think I can almost hear your squeal when you opened the tickets! You would have been over the moon with that gift!

Unless IrishIce comes up with the name of whatever she was talking about on a hoagie from Pittsburgh, I'll still take the cheesesteak. :wink:

Unless IrishIce comes up with the name of whatever she was talking about on a hoagie from Pittsburgh, I'll still take the cheesesteak. :wink:

Is it the Pittsburgher from Primanti Brothers? That thing is goooooood!!

Sshhhhh Mike! I'd rather have the cheese steak!

Is it the Pittsburgher from Primanti Brothers? That thing is goooooood!!

Sshhhhh Mike! I'd rather have the cheese steak!

Well, guys, I can pick you up a cheesesteak (or a hoagie), but unless you want to make the trip to Windsor, ON where I live, that's the only way you're going get it, lol

It IS the Pittsburgher ! I went back through the old magazines until I found it.

Uh-oh - now that you know, you must try it! You can make that cheese steak thingie at home anytime you want!