The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jbrickell

Booing the team

i guess it all depends on where you are sitting or who you are sitting near as to whether booing is ok. i can think of more annoying things myself. had a clown sitting next to me with headphones on (probably listening to chuck call the game) and shouting every penalty that was called or line change. luckily he got mad and left early.

I believe I would have had to slap him. That's annoying!

i guess it all depends on where you are sitting or who you are sitting near as to whether booing is ok. i can think of more annoying things myself. had a clown sitting next to me with headphones on (probably listening to chuck call the game) and shouting every penalty that was called or line change. luckily he got mad and left early.

I believe I would have had to slap him. That's annoying!

Now here's something I think a lot of us can agree on. I'm with you here. The seats behind mine are owned by one of the sponsors (won't say which one) so there are always different employees of that company using them. So far, most of them a) talk non stop throughout the entire game about what's going on to try to impress the person they are with and B) usually have no clue what they're talking about.

I know exactly the type. :evil:

A couple of games back a guy behind us who was with a buddy he was apparently trying to impress kept calling out the line changes. Not only is that annoying but he didn't know all the players.

When Walker would come out, he kept saying it was Hutchinson and how he was getting into the offense so much. I finally told him during the first intermission when his friend had left that Hutch had given up #24 and it was now Walker's number. He finally stopped with his play-by-play.

what is largely a defending champ in a midseason slump, what other trinkets of wisdom do you have to offer?

Um, this is a ridiculous thread, but I've already offered that pearl before thou swine...

It's not about winning and losing. The hardest I've ever cheered for the team was during their playoff loss to the Devils in 2001.

I was at that game too... still gives me chills when I think about it. But that was a team that competed hard from wire to wire and was simply overmatched by a much stronger team. That was not a team that showed up with an underachieving effort half the time. If this were as good as this team was capable of playing I'd say the boo-birds were way outta line. But this team is not playing to potential, and that's a different story.

I will still remain silent before I'll rain down a boo on my team, but that's my choice to make -- just as it is everyone else's. I have noticed the RBC is much quieter this year. That speaks volumes to me, I hope it also speaks to the players.

My .02:

I'd never boo the team just for losing, but I have no problem with booing a lack of effort. If they deserve to be booed, they should be booed. This isn't Little League. And they deserved it last night.

You all say that you were booing their performance? Well, did you let the guys know that's what was being booed before hand? Believe it or not..they probably were already aware that they didn't do well, and I don't think booing made them get together and say "well, I suppose we need to do better since they were booing" And defending yourselves by saying other teams' fans do it is ridiculous because just because they do it, doesn't make it acceptable.

With the amount these guys are getting paid to play they should be able to handle booing. They have been so lackluster that it is a disgrace. These guys make more in one year than most people will make in their life and I am supposed to spare them their feelings.

What they need is a little motivation and if the fans voice their displeasure maybe that will motivate them. They should have been embarrassed with the way they played the last 3 games. In fact, for the most part this season their performance has been subpar.

This team needs to get back its heart! They also need to learn to finish a check and pass accurately.

My .02:

I'd never boo the team just for losing, but I have no problem with booing a lack of effort. If they deserve to be booed, they should be booed. This isn't Little League. And they deserved it last night.

I agree wholeheartedly. If they played their best and lost that is fine, but when they don't even try to play they deserve to be booed.

My .02:

I agree wholeheartedly. If they played their best and lost that is fine, but when they don't even try to play they deserve to be booed.

Agreed. Sorry, but I'm not going to BS my team, even if they are my favorite team. Get your *edit* out there and play like you're being paid millions of dollars to play! It's one thing when you get out played and you did your best. It's another thing when you can't handle the damn fundamentals of hockey like skating and passing. Our passing is HORRIBLE, we fan on every other shot, guys are tripping over each other and just falling over randomly. It's getting annoying and I'm not going to sit here and act like I have to put on a smile and say "it's alright guys, you did your best" because they DIDN'T. I don't know what's up but if the coaches can't get it through their heads to start playing like a real NHL team, then maybe hating coming home because you know you'll get booed there more than away will do something. I'm sorry but I'm getting sick of it. One point in three games against three of the worst teams in the league is absolutely pathetic.

There is something here called free speach and if someone wants to boo then so be it.

Ok let's use free speech. Next time I am at a game and someone boo's the team I will tell them to Shutup. :lol:

There is something here called free speach and if someone wants to boo then so be it.

Ok let's use free speech. Next time I am at a game and someone boo's the team I will tell them to Shutup. :lol:

Which, in your quest to fulfill your free speech, you're attempting to infringe on other's similar right.

Haha, I just thought I'd throw that in there to make it nice and confusing :D

My 2 cents.........if a team is playing poorly ( can't get one shot off on a powerplay,etc) and you actually have some hockey knowledge , then boo all you want. You did pay to be there. I would not boo a team but I can see why others would. That was not the last boos that will be booed at the RBC, get used to it. I was surprised to hear it though while watching the game last night. The players might have been too, sometimes thats what it takes

i really dont know how you can boo a team that won you the stanley cup just last year. i know that doesnt give you a free pass for this season but they did win a stanley cup. especially with some people saying send staal down to the minor leagues on the board please i would have been amazed if he had another year like last year but he is still 2nd in your team in scoring

i really dont know how you can boo a team that won you the stanley cup just last year. i know that doesnt give you a free pass for this season but they did win a stanley cup. especially with some people saying send staal down to the minor leagues on the board please i would have been amazed if he had another year like last year but he is still 2nd in your team in scoring

Which is pretty pathetic given how bad he's been doing huh? Apparently if Staal can't play then no one can.

Which is pretty pathetic given how bad he's been doing huh? Apparently if Staal can't play then no one can.

yeah i see what your saying i read some more stats and he only has 10 even strenght goals :!: and is 3rd on your team in penalty minutes. i just dont think you should be booing a team that won you a stanley cup last year those things arent easy to come by and this is coming from a buffalo fan

yeah i see what your saying i read some more stats and he only has 10 even strenght goals :!: and is 3rd on your team in penalty minutes. i just dont think you should be booing a team that won you a stanley cup last year those things arent easy to come by and this is coming from a buffalo fan

I'm wouldn't boo the team that won the Stanley Cup. I'd boo the sorry excuse that they're playing as now.

What else can you do besides boo the 'canes performance last night? It only happened in the 3rd period, when the 'canes couldn't get the puck into the other team's zone on a powerplay. I am pretty sure that the Coyotes had a shorthanded breakaway on that same powerplay also. The crowd cheered the whole game up until that point, and there was nothing left to cheer about. We pretty much needed to score on that PP, and we didn't even come close to a shot on goal.

Too funny..... Now that is a good way to end my Friday.

Too funny..... Now that is a good way to end my Friday.

I do try! No one had better boo my Brind Amour! :mrgreen:

If you'd ask the players if they deserved to be booed it's quite possible they'd say yes.

I don't ever recall booing a favorite team of mine. Booing is not something I condone but I'm not going to hold it against anyone either. Folks react differently in situations and express disatisfaction in their own different ways.

It's a slump complicated by a bunch of injuries. I'm not sure how much the injuries really have to do with it because every team I'm assuming has injuries.

Booing in my book should be considered a compliment of sorts. Injuries or no injuries, fans know this team can play better. I'm hoping the outcome of this slump is number one.........that it does end. LOL And number two..........it will build team character thus making them stronger for the playoffs.

what is largely a defending champ in a midseason slump, what other trinkets of wisdom do you have to offer?

Um, this is a ridiculous thread, but I've already offered that pearl before thou swine...

Wait a minute....did he just call us pigs?

There is a problem with the Hurricane players performing Disney on ice... they'd have to learn to skate...

When fans pay at least a grand for season tickets, they have the right to do what ever the hell they want at a game... even if that includes BOOING!!

You have several options... if you don't like what you hear when you're at the games 1- STAY HOME 2- WEAR EARPLUGS!!

OK...my 2 cents worth. Personally, I'd never boo my team. I love them too much. I had tickets for last nights game but hubby couldn't go so I gave them away. Two new Caniacs were born last night even though we lost. Freedom of speech and our free will sets us apart from other countries. If you want to boo, then boo. I can handle it. It hurt me to hear it coming thru the TV last night but hopefully, this might be the fire that lights up our boys. I can only imagine how Brindy felt (he's my favorite.) What bothered me the most was that smirk on Gretzky's face as he was leaving the ice. It was that *%^$ eating grin that isn't very becoming. Sure our boys heard the boos but our opponents did too. That was just icing on the cake for them. Not too good on our part.

Well, crap. I'm trying to make a darn point here and the *&^%$$ Edmonton fans let me down!

OK, obviously we're going to agree to disagree on the booing. But if anyone here feels like booing at another home game (hopefully, there won't be anything else that makes folks feel like booing), please either:

leave the building first

or

sit far away from section 325.

Thank you and goodnight!

Where do you sit in section 325? Let me know the next game you'll attend and I'll sit behind you and BOO all night long... just for U!

SECTION 325? can't afford real seats?