The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

Who wears the C next?

The only person I could pick is Stillman. But if he doesnt sign and Niclas goes back to wherever he's from, I truly do not know. We will have to gat all new Captains and Alternates after Brindy and Wes retire.

With Kevyn gone and assuming Wesley retires after the season, it looks like Stillman should be next in line. But he's 33, so he'd only be Captain for a year or two probably.

Out of the younger crowd, no one really jumps out at me. I suppose Cole or Williams could be decent candidates.

I don't really know. Cole and Williams have a great deal of character, it may well be one of them. Cole, I hope.

But I guess that would depend on Cole signing a longterm contract.

Roddie could have another five years or more left and the free agency works who knows which of our current players will still be here hopefully alot but who knows so I would prefer not to think about it. It is going to be a sad day when rooddie calls it a career

Hedican himself may retire next year. Injuries are catching up with him and he's not getting any younger. I think the assistant captains will be Stillman and Whitney/Hedican. Can't count out the possibility of Kevyn Adams returning either but if he does it'd be pretty unlikely that he'd get the "A" back.

Barring catastrophic injury, you're right, Brindy may outlast them all.

I don't see Hedican getting an A before Colesy, honestly. But that'll put Colesy on a different line from Brindy.

Well hopefully Cole sticks with what he said during this offseason, staying in Carolina is his only priority.

Sounds good to me! I think I would die if Cole were to leave. I like a lot of the guy's and would be upset if just about any of them left but I couldn't handle losing Cole or Cam.

Well hopefully Cole sticks with what he said during this offseason, staying in Carolina is his only priority.

Sounds good to me! I think I would die if Cole were to leave. I like a lot of the guy's and would be upset if just about any of them left but I couldn't handle losing Cole or Cam.

My thoughts exactly. If Cole leaves... I'll cry. He has been here so long, how could he not be the next C?

A little bit premature, no?

Brind'amour has four more seasons left on his contract after this one. When his contract expires, all of the players listed will be or will have been eligible for unrestricted free agency (other than Staal, which depends on the length of the deal he signs after his current contract). Although we would certainly hope otherwise, it's entirely possible that all of those players could be gone.

My thoughts exactly. If Cole leaves... I'll cry. He has been here so long, how could he not be the next C?

Being with a team for a long time does not = being the captain.