The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
camanderikfan

Practice Sat. Jan. 20th

So how do these practices work? Do you just showup and you watch? or do you have to pay? I'm pretty sure my little brother would want to go to a practice.

The practice is at the reczone at 10 on Saturday?

You just show up, and you walk into the arena.. you can sit down or stand up near the glass and you just watch the practice.

After about half the team is off the ice, people will start leaving and you can go back out the front door and turn to your left, you'll see people waiting outside beside the building, they'll be in front of two black doors. You can wait there and get autographs.

;) hope that helped

I don't know if anyone saw it yet but on the CH.com page under the Game Day card, it says that neither team is expected to conduct a morning skate. Just wanted to put that information out there so anyone thinking of going today knew.

I'm 0-3 for the last three practice attempts. Yesterday the web page had practice listed at 11am but when we got there a note on the door read it would be there at noon. There were tons of 10 year old boys from Toronto in The Eye helping the Cane's Cash Flow. Many of them bought sticks and tons of Canes merchandise. I found it odd they were so pumped about thr Canes. They must have been here for a jr tournament.

I don't know if anyone saw it yet but on the CH.com page under the Game Day card, it says that neither team is expected to conduct a morning skate. Just wanted to put that information out there so anyone thinking of going today knew.

What?! Today?!!

:(

I'm 0-3 for the last three practice attempts. Yesterday the web page had practice listed at 11am but when we got there a note on the door read it would be there at noon. There were tons of 10 year old boys from Toronto in The Eye helping the Cane's Cash Flow. Many of them bought sticks and tons of Canes merchandise. I found it odd they were so pumped about thr Canes. They must have been here for a jr tournament.

I saw those kids out at practice yesterday. They came last year and said that the reason they came back was because of how accomodating the players were. Said in Canada you can't attend any practices and the players are unapproachable. Says you can't get anywhere near them. He said they came last year and was just in shock with how accomodating they are here. They were lucky enough to get a tour of the locker room and meet the guys. And I was impressed with the players on remembering their names.

Wow. That is impressive. Says a lot about the kind of people that we know we have playing for us, AND the expectation of management that this is a team that is part of the community, not ABOVE IT.

What a great experience for these kids... they come down here last year and have such a wonderful time, and the team they got to meet ends up winning that year's Stanley Cup. Now they come back and you betcha they stock up on Canes everything! It takes these players a matter of moments to impress a child for a lifetime, in a positive way. Priceless.

Thank you Canes for being the upstanding professionals you are.

Hmm, well I would have posted sooner but I didn't get the chance..

I made a 45 minutes drive to the RecZone (while having cancelled other plans in the day, just to do this) and.. the Lightning cancelled practice.

It made me sad. I think I talked about meeting Vinny for like two days. I arrived right near the end of the Hurricanes practice, Laviolette was on the ice with his kids, aswell as Bret Hedican, Frankie, and Johnny and some of the coaches.

Mymother would not let me stay for autographs (I wanted to show Frantisek how well learning Czech was going for me..). I don't think Frankie stopped smiling for ever while he was on the ice though, he's very happy to be back, he was having a lot of fun =]

I was there around 10:30 and they had a sign on the door that Tampa Bay had cancelled but I saw no sign for the Hurricanes. The only ones that were in there were the injured ones with the exception of Grahame. It was really fun watching Peter L. with his two boy's. He was messing around with the youngest one and he said "stop it dad" and Peter was laughing and having a great time. It's really nice to see the guy's interacting with their children and it reminds us that they are normal people just like we are.