The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

Dear Peter Karmanos, Jim Rutherford, and Peter Laviolette...

Dear Gipp,

Thank you so much for your obvious sincere interest in our excellent organization. It is true that presently we seem to be experiencing some personnel problems in the area of productivity and attendance (that latter aspect is sort of mysterious - the bodies SEEM to be clocking in, but no work is getting done - it's as if no one is on the floor. I mean, Ice!).

In any event, an attitude such as yours is an asset to any business,and of course, "Git 'er done!" is the battle cry of the South, and that is where we brought this organization. Let me welcome you to our 'team'. When you report tomorrow, you'll sign all the appropriate tax forms and then our equipment manager will outfit you for the position.

Just let me note that our expectations for you match your skill level. Don't worry about skating ability - if you can just get out onto the ice and and fling/thrash yourself in the direction of any behemoth wearing the other team's uniform. Knock 'em down, cause them to skate out of their way, disrupt their rhythm - that's fine. You can even crawl across the ice waving your stick in the air (keep it low please, no high sticking penalties this early in your budding career!), or even better, just sweep it across the ice in front of you - you might catch another player or even steal an occasional puck! Just try to stay out of the way of the guys on your own team, but otherwise, feel free to flail around out there. Seeing someone TRYING to do something will be a novel and welcome sight for the fans and maybe get them off our backs.

Would you like some decals for your helmet? Wasn't sure if you might be one of those NASCAR types, and that the decal thingies might make you feel more at home...? we aim to make you feel a valued member of our franchise.

Welcome to the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team!

New starting goalie: Tripp Tracy

New backup goalie: Ray Whitney's dad

i think tripp is in love with cam...so he wont play unless cam is close by

We'll have to trade Cam for a bag of pucks and Pavel Brendl

Hey, I'll play D with you guys.

I figure since I can't skate either I'll prolly spend more time lying down on the ice, so might actually block some shots while I'm down there. Whether it's because I've got the heart to sacrifice my body or because I just can't get out of the way, who cares? Same result in the end!

:lol:

New starting goalie: Tripp Tracy

New backup goalie: Ray Whitney's dad

i think tripp is in love with cam...so he wont play unless cam is close by

We'll have to trade Cam for a bag of pucks and Pavel Brendl

I thought they were going to trade Cam for Hannu Toivenan and Glen Murray *sarcasm at its finest**

I can offer up Nick as the goalie if Tripp or Ray's dad aren't available...

DSC00835.jpg

and if they don't have a problem with "too many men on the ice"....

DSC00837-1.jpg

I can offer up Nick as the goalie if Tripp or Ray's dad aren't available...

DSC00835.jpg

and if they don't have a problem with "too many men on the ice"....

DSC00837-1.jpg