The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

Dear Peter Karmanos, Jim Rutherford, and Peter Laviolette...

Hmm..looks like we have 6 goalies, a couple of wingers, 1 center and NO defensemen. Yah, thats about right!

Hmm..looks like we have 6 goalies, a couple of wingers, 1 center and NO defensemen. Yah, thats about right!

Oh yeah, I'll be the injured player or healthy scratch up in the press box. We need at least one of those.

Oh yeah, I'll be the injured player or healthy scratch up in the press box. We need at least one of those.

I can play defense!! Just sitting on the blue line watching opposing players fly by me sounds dang easy!

Hi! I'd like to join up! I can rollerblade and, really, that's like ice skating on asphalt anyway, isn't it? I'm kind of small, but that doesn't stop Chad LaRose from getting out there. Sure, I might get thrown over the bench a few times or knocked into the net, but really that shouldn't matter. Oh, and since I'm a female I'm pretty sure I could scare the other teams into submission once a month with my, um, anger issues. I might take a few unnecessary penalties along the way or a few 5 minute sits in the sin bin for scrapping, but hey, it's better than what you currently have! I think I have what it takes to be a good d-man (d-woman?) and who knows? I might just score on accident (and by accident I mean like Nic Wallin did when he scored in OUR goal). That's the best you can expect, really. So, where do I sign?

:lol::lol::lol:

Please keep the potato chip grease and doughnut crumbs to a minimum. Otherwise we'll think we re-hired Pavel Brendl. :mrgreen:

Ok, administrative issues here. I'm trying to keep track of all you wonderful new applicants. I'm sure we can find places for you in The New Canes of 2007. Again, sincere thanks for your genuine desire to contribute to the team of your community!

Small issues, really - would we happen to have anyone out there who can skate and who happens to have, say, past experience in Golden Gloves (and no, this is not baseball, but amateur boxing) competition, professional or semi-professional wrestling, or best yet: GOLF. The coaches have advised me that there are some crossover skills here that could be useful to us. And tennis, too! (the idea that one or more of you could possess the ability to hit forehand and backhand with precision quite frankly makes us a little weak in the knees.)

There will be the standard waivers to sign. No big deal really. Just a little something about not holding the organization responsible for personal injuries arising from the kidney punching, eye poking, skull cracking, gut crunching, and clotheslining activities of the opposing players. Don't be mislead by those men in the striped pajamas... they are the special winners of the NHL's local contest to let people have sleep overs during the games. The jammies are merely a visual reminder to not hurt these men who are only there to catch some rest, relaxation and even shut-eye.

See y'all Friday morning! Bring your game face and a #2 pencil to fill out all the forms! Welcome New Caniacs of 2007!!!! :?

Melinda (A)-Appstatecanesfan-Gipper ©

colesylarosefan-Fightinmad-vronnie

--

--

Pirate Caniac-AxlRose

CaniacCy-CopCaniac

CanesGrrrl-Topshelfavry (A)

Breakaway

ForeverWhalers

We still need two of each forward position.

Melinda (A)-Appstatecanesfan-Gipper ©

colesylarosefan-Fightinmad-vronnie

--

--

Pirate Caniac-AxlRose

CaniacCy-CopCaniac

CanesGrrrl-Topshelfavry (A)

Breakaway

ForeverWhalers

We still need two of each forward position.

Oh shoot, I can balance on skates for upwards of an hour when untouched, and I can beat my brother AND dad at faceoffs on a carpet with a nerf ball as the "puck" - plus, I have the heart of a champion who has never won a sporting event in his life, so I do believe that this therefore qualifies me as 3rd line center. 8)

I'll be the 4th liner/AHL call up guy who plays about 2 shifts a game. The Dave Gove/Keith Aucoin you could say.

You can thank me for getting those shifts since I'll be nursing....some injury and eating chips up in the press box.

And thanks Gipper for the "A". I promise to lead by example and clean up all my donut crumbs :mrgreen:.

I'll be the 4th liner/AHL call up guy who plays about 2 shifts a game. The Dave Gove/Keith Aucoin you could say.

You can thank me for getting those shifts since I'll be nursing....some injury and eating chips up in the press box.

And thanks Gipper for the "A". I promise to lead by example and clean up all my donut crumbs :mrgreen:.

ooohh.... I play soccer and I can be pretty nasty if someone tries to take the ball away... can I be on the team too? I can play whatever you want b/c I can play whatever you want... I am good at slidetackling... can you do that in hockey? or would that be a tripping call? I can't really ice skate, but I can rollerblade... can I rollerblade on ice? I am here for the team. I will try not to get any penalties unless needed. One problem, can the team administration pay for my plane ticket to NC b/c I live in Calgary... no biggy, I don't think my mom would notice that I was gone. So, what do you say; am I in?

I can play defense!! Just sitting on the blue line watching opposing players fly by me sounds dang easy!

Is your real name Tanabe? :)

Medford, I think you should be the guy in Toronto on the phone that gets called to review plays in question. Goal or no goal?

Medford, I think you should be the guy in Toronto on the phone that gets called to review plays in question. Goal or no goal?

I wanna be the guy who shoots the puck over the glass.

Ummm, on second thought, if I clean up a tad I could play Oglethorp too. I ain't got no teeth nohow an can cuss and grunt with the best. Besides, that way I can keep my eyes on Forever_Whaler to make sure he don't get too spiteful and allow too many goals.