The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ILoveTheCanes

Players Nicknames

hehe, for one of the "ask the canes" they asked what their super hero name would be, and that's what he said

i called him that after a practice one day, and it made him laugh and put a huge grin on his face...so i think we should keep calling him that :D

haha and yes...very fitting indeed

Hmm, do you remember what the rest of them said on that Ask the Canes?

hehe, for one of the "ask the canes" they asked what their super hero name would be, and that's what he said

i called him that after a practice one day, and it made him laugh and put a huge grin on his face...so i think we should keep calling him that :D

haha and yes...very fitting indeed

Hmm, do you remember what the rest of them said on that Ask the Canes?

Staaly's was the most generic with the least thought. Big E. His and David's are the ones I remember most.

And I'm so going to call him Hot Wasabi!!! LOVE IT!

I watched Under the Lights the other night and noticed Lavi had nicknames for several guys. I did notice he referred to Babchuck as Babs.

And of course he call Rod Brind'Amour...Roddie

Gleason = Gleas

I've always called him Timmy G ... that was a nickname around the arena of his junior team and it's just stuck with me ever since

I have a tape of the special NBC 17 aired about the Canes the weekend after they won the Cup, and there was a bit in there about the nicknames. They asked Wallin why he's called gorilla and he said "Because I like bananas I guess". When they asked Commie about Wallin he said "That's a good one for Nic because he is a gorilla."

I have a tape of the special NBC 17 aired about the Canes the weekend after they won the Cup, and there was a bit in there about the nicknames. They asked Wallin why he's called gorilla and he said "Because I like bananas I guess". When they asked Commie about Wallin he said "That's a good one for Nic because he is a gorilla."

I REMEMBER THAT!!

hahah my friends and I asked him about it.

and he was like I do like bananas! :D