The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Third Jersey

in today's N&O JR spoke of releasing a third jersey this fall that would be the black, canes flag design that FightingMad has posted here. because of the new jersey's coming out that has been pushed to the fall of '08.

i thought that meant he posted a picture on here, thanks.

Dang, I really would've liked to have that third jersey, sounds awesome.

It's not a picture just JR giving info about the new jersey's and mentioning the the 3rd jersey's

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/535192.html

Carolina Hurricanes Home / Sports / Carolina Hurricanes

Stories | Canes Roster | Individual Stats | Canes Attendance | Canes Schedule & Results | NHL Scoreboards | NHL Stats

Published: Jan 23, 2007 12:30 AM

Modified: Jan 23, 2007 06:58 AM

Hockey haute couture

NHL unveils fresh look for uniforms

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman shows off the new design -- a trimmer jersey, more narrow shorts and tight socks.

AP Photo by Tony Gutierrez

Story Tools Printer Friendly Email to a Friend

Enlarge Font Decrease Font

TODAYNHL YOUNGSTARS GAME AND SUPERSKILLS COMPETITION

WHEN: 8 p.m.

WHERE: American Airlines Arena, Dallas

TV: Versus

The Hurricanes aren't one of them, general manager Jim Rutherford said. They objected strongly to the original, tucked-in concept because it would have taken away the hurricane-flag motif along the bottom of their jersey, but think their look will transition easily to the new style.

"Our jerseys may look a little different because they're more streamlined," Rutherford said. "But for the most part they won't change that much."

But the launch of the new uniforms will delay the introduction of a third, alternate Carolina jersey -- black, with the secondary flag logo replacing the swirling-storm logo. The Canes were hoping to unveil those this fall, but Rutherford said they'll be pushed back to fall 2008 at the earliest.

See that's something that we've needed. I like the idea of a black jersey. Now, how often do we wear it? Nashville has their all yellow one, hte Islanders have the orange, even Edmonton has a cool 3rd jersey. A lot of teams have them, but when and how often do we wear it. If we do get it for this fall, we could wear it for opening night...but who knows. I think it's cool. :D But then again, I have an M&M as my avatar.

I personally like the Thrasher's third jersey better than all the other teams'. It's the only shirt I ever see their fans wearing now. Columbus's 3rd jersey became so popular that they are now doing way with the current jersey and using the 3rd as a regular.

Buffalo's 3rd jersey....well, compared to the Slug there's no competition :lol:

To answer your question Boswick, wear it any chance you get when it come out and who knows, it could become a regular too.

I personally like the Thrasher's third jersey better than all the other teams'. It's the only shirt I ever see their fans wearing now. Columbus's 3rd jersey became so popular that they are now doing way with the current jersey and using the 3rd as a regular.

To answer your question Boswick, wear it any chance you get when it come out and who knows, it could become a regular too.

Our third jersey is the best! The new one I mean, but it's not new...it's old...which is why it's awesome. Wow, that's confusing. haha!

Our third jersey is the best! The new one I mean, but it's not new...it's old...which is why it's awesome. Wow, that's confusing. haha!

I'll admit your third jersey is pretty nice (though not my favorite), but you have to admit that anything next to the Slug would look great. :lol:

I'll admit your third jersey is pretty nice (though not my favorite), but you have to admit that anything next to the Slug would look great. :lol:

The Thrashers don't have a third jersey anymore... are you referring to their current blue home jersey or this one?:

p1794798nm2im.jpg

I personally prefer that one. I think I might be in the minority there, but I like the logo and the colors, as they blend much better and look more menacing. I'm actually thinking of buying one. I like it that much and unlike most of you guys, I actually like the Thrashers (I'm already waiting for the :shock:...). Well, as long as they aren't in possession of our division title!

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but I just had to ask :roll:.

And mad kudos to whoever drew that picture. Amazing! :thumbup: