The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
puckhead63

What the hell happened to the habs?

well, whatever their excuse was, i'm not too happy over last night's loss... i was counting on them to beat the 'nucks so calgary would be able to be first place still.... could they do this one thing for me? noooo... they had to lose!! :wink: but i am not too happy with the loss....

lol....practice, they look exhausted after the opening minute. This is the problem...I got 15 of us going to the gahden in boston on March 3rd to see the habs beat up on the B's. Do you know how bad it will be if they lose, while I'm sitting there with my habs jersey......lol. They have until march 1st to get it together.....then I may be forced to....my god I don't want to say it..............become a canes fan

You know, FW, you can be a fan of three teams at once: Whalers, Habs & 'Canes. 'Canes are my favourites, obviously, but they aren't the only team I enjoy. And the Habs just can't fall apart. They just can't.

Because I said so.

lol....practice, they look exhausted after the opening minute. This is the problem...I got 15 of us going to the gahden in boston on March 3rd to see the habs beat up on the B's. Do you know how bad it will be if they lose, while I'm sitting there with my habs jersey......lol. They have until march 1st to get it together.....then I may be forced to....my god I don't want to say it..............become a canes fan

No really... please don't!

You know, FW, you can be a fan of three teams at once: Whalers, Habs & 'Canes. 'Canes are my favourites, obviously, but they aren't the only team I enjoy. And the Habs just can't fall apart. They just can't.

Because I said so.

A fan of three teams, you know thats crazy enough to work.....OK,I'LL DO IT.....MY THREE NEW TEAMS ARE

MONTREAL

ATLANTA

BUFFALO

th36_12_6.gif...................JUST KIDDING

Yesterday night Sheldon Souray felt the need to get two penalties during two of our chances on the power play, so we had about 15-20 seconds of actual power play time, and one power play we got Sheldon-Penalty free, but everytime we got the puck in their zone they knocked it right back out.. I don't think we got one shot on goal.

They played better last night heading into the second, they kept the Canucks from coming into our zone for a good 2-3 minutes, but they're not getting good shots on the goal. The Canucks knew how to work our forwards and they did.

Defense isn't much better. They let in every shot the 'Nucks got.

Cristobal needs a break, clearly, they're tearing that guy up.

If you listened to Carbos interview yesterday night, it was in French, I don't know if you speak French or not but he said something along the lines of "Samsonov and Rivet are benched, if that's what I have to do to get them to play hockey, I will, is that what you want to hear?" and he was very very angry. I've really never seen Carbo that angry.. he certainly trying to make the team work.

I really think there will be a trade coming real soon, and Samsonov will probably be the first to leave.

And I am sick and tired of all this losing! They've lost 9 of their last 13! Yesterday was the first in a long time that I just shut the tv off during the 3rd period because I couldn't handle it.

Yesterday night Sheldon Souray felt the need to get two penalties during two of our chances on the power play, so we had about 15-20 seconds of actual power play time, and one power play we got Sheldon-Penalty free, but everytime we got the puck in their zone they knocked it right back out.. I don't think we got one shot on goal.

They played better last night heading into the second, they kept the Canucks from coming into our zone for a good 2-3 minutes, but they're not getting good shots on the goal. The Canucks knew how to work our forwards and they did.

Defense isn't much better. They let in every shot the 'Nucks got.

Cristobal needs a break, clearly, they're tearing that guy up.

If you listened to Carbos interview yesterday night, it was in French, I don't know if you speak French or not but he said something along the lines of "Samsonov and Rivet are benched, if that's what I have to do to get them to play hockey, I will, is that what you want to hear?" and he was very very angry. I've really never seen Carbo that angry.. he certainly trying to make the team work.

I really think there will be a trade coming real soon, and Samsonov will probably be the first to leave.

And I am sick and tired of all this losing!

My speaking french is rusty but understand it all....family is from St.Georges du Beauce. I did see a small part of the carbo interview and yeah, he sounded pretty ticked off. Huet does need a break, he is not getting the help he deserves and that can shake up a goalie not all but some. I am not sure what they can do to shake things up. The fans in Montreal won't stand for that kind of play long. They will be demanding something soon. I agree samsonov will be leaving....Rivet next?

Carbo is my favourite guy on the team right now haha.

Bob is going to make something happen soon. I don't think Rivet is going anywhere... but they won't ship off Samsonov by himself.. someone else is going to be involved (in my opinion it should be Niniimma but, well, that's just because I dont like the guy) .. it actually could be Rivet... hmm..

We'll just have to see what Bob does, maybe Carbo will try to get the team back together (I have no idea when Steve will be back, but I can't wait!) He should try going back to the lines they had at the beginning of the season, Higgins is clearly playing better and I think we could get some good goals with him Koivu and Ryder on the same line again..

But who knows what Carbo wants to do.. whatever they want to do though better happen soon because they team isnt going in a good direction.

I agree with Higgins and getting that line back and yeah, it was good to see the emotion from carbo. I just expected the team to be fired up after the benching but........we'll see what happens. No matter what I am still looking forward to the boston game I'm going to. I have not seen the habs or an NHL game since the whales last season in '97

How fun :D

I haven't seen one since.. Nov. 30th. Lol. It's been a while.

My father and I might drive up to Pittsburgh to go see the Habs play there and see Mellon arena before it's gone and the Pens don't play there anymore. I think the game is on March 24th or 26th. =]

How fun :D

I haven't seen one since.. Nov. 30th. Lol. It's been a while.

My father and I might drive up to Pittsburgh to go see the Habs play there and see Mellon arena before it's gone and the Pens don't play there anymore. I think the game is on March 24th or 26th. =]

Sound good....are you in the PA area? I have had bad luck with road trips. Trip number 1.......1979 Whale vs Boston @boston....5-4 loss and the lights were smashed on the buses. Trip number 2........Whale vs Quebec@Quebec......this was a one shot deal, drive up ,see the game and drive back....6-0 loss, and the city buses went on strike that night and would not let our buses come to the Le colisee to get us. Sleeping in the arena corridors until 3 a.m. So, let's see what luck I have with the habs and how much crap I'll hear from the bruins crowd....we got 15 going.

I'll have to keep up with the habs site for possible news....gonna check that out now

Plantehabs.jpgBunnyHabs.jpgRoy209x301.jpgdryden219x281-1.jpgthmontreal200.gif

Haha, I live in Raleigh. So I see the Habs play the Hurricanes twice a year. Luckily I saw them in the playoffs last season so I got to see them three times.

Not long ago I told my father I wanted to take a road trip to go see a game, like just randomly to some place we've never been, and so I looked up a few dates on weekends of places that aren't far off so that we could drive up on Saturday, go see the game, sleep in the city that night and drive back home on Sunday. Pittsburgh is the only team I've got interest in around here, so we decided on going to PA, and oh my god, it just so happens that the Habs will be playing there on a Friday in March (which will require missing a day of school.. but thats always alright when it comes to the Habs!) The trip isn't set in stone though, because I'm going to Montreal like two weeks after that game anyways, so we're not completely sure.

Going to Boston for a game though should be a lot of fun :D You won't be the only Habs fan there that is for sure, I'm lucky if I run into a few here. You should go to Ottawa next time to see the Habs.. Scotiabank Place is always full of Habs fans, or at least it seems like it :P And best of luck lol, hopefully this one is a good trip.

SO........are you a habs fan when they play at the RBC or are you a canes fan...confused? I heard there are 200 going from Montreal to the garden that game, so it should be a good time. Damn, how far is that drive , I know I had a job to do in Pittsburgh , two years ago and it took me 11.5 hours to get there. One boring drive!!

I cheer for the Habs! Of course!

They're my team, I wouldn't not cheer for them! That's crazy talk 8)

Pittsburgh is an 8 hour drive from here I think. I'm not sure though :? Atlanta is an 8 hour drive aswell.

Carbo bench both Rivet and Samsonov at the beginning of the game against Vancouver and the reaction by both players speaks for itself....

On the one hand you have a guy (Rivet) who was infuriated at the thought of being benched....wants to play....is angered that he can't and voiced that anger....

On the other hand you have a guy (Samsonov) who expected to be benched, seen it coming, and practically accepted it as a reality....

Not everyone on the team appears motivated to play and that's beginning to show on the ice.

By the way FM I found this on the Montreal site.....I thought you'd find some humour in it.

habseyegouger5ui.gif

I'm just teasing, I've come to respect Williams a player.

I don't like putting the blame on fatigue.....Montreal doesn't play any more games then any other team in the league....It looks like certain players have lost morale and that has snowballed onto other players. Same thing happened last year around this time...

There's a rumour of last year when Julien started to lose support from the players, he asked them for their input and suggestions and apparently Kovalev looked at him and said "You tell us you're the coach".